News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: NEW Dark Eldar models (PICS)  (Read 15445 times)

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
  • Don't botha me! I'm workin' on sumfin'!
NEW Dark Eldar models (PICS)
« on: February 16, 2011, 05:26:50 AM »
Hey guys !  ;D

Just saw the pictures of the new Dark Eldar models on the GW advance order site:

Beastmaster
Succubus
Clawed Fiend
Khymera 1
Khymera 2
Razorwing Flock

You can check them out yourself here: http://bit.ly/cydoxx

-Φ Daoshi Φ-
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:29:24 AM by -Φ Daoshi Φ- »

Offline Mandor

• Military Theorist
Re: NEW Dark Eldar models (PICS)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 05:49:12 AM »
Awesome find and nice looking models. But picture this: your default BM squad with 3 beastmasters, 5 khymerae and 4 razorwing flocks will set you back € 131,50.

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 06:03:04 AM »
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Drudge Dreadnought

• Aspiring Mathhammer Champion
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 06:31:38 AM »
The models are certainly nice. I'm pretty sure this is going to kill the hopes of all those people planning BM swarm lists though!

The succubus model looks to be really well done, and better than lilith even. Too bad there's not really ever any reason to use a succubus...
Always 1 on the Crazed roll.

Offline Katamari Damacy

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar Empire, Dwarfs
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 06:39:35 AM »
Ugly as hell! And the prices are a joke. At least i can finally start converting as buying those is not an option for me.
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Offline ΦMacGyvorkΦ

• Ork Boy
  • Don't botha me! I'm workin' on sumfin'!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 07:02:05 AM »
The succubus model looks to be really well done, and better than lilith even. Too bad there's not really ever any reason to use a succubus...

I think she looks fantastic, and quite possibly will be representing my new Archon.

-Φ Daoshi Φ-

Edit: Lizbeth,

There are many reliable internet sites to which you can buy models from for a great deal cheaper. You will have to wait until they come into stock with them ( may take anywhere up to a few months depending on the site ) and they are usually anywhere from 10-40% off.

-Φ Daoshi Φ-
Modify button. Please use. Available to all. Yay!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:51:12 PM by Dipsomaniac »

Offline Lizbeth

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 07:52:36 AM »
I don't want to use Beasties. Still I have some fears about further models.

Offline Harrison

• Major | Acting S3 - 40th Corps
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Battle is an orgy of disorder.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »
Lizbeth,

There are many reliable internet sites to which you can buy models from for a great deal cheaper. You will have to wait until they come into stock with them ( may take anywhere up to a few months depending on the site ) and they are usually anywhere from 10-40% off.

-Φ Daoshi Φ-

Indeed, I personally use The Warstore, though you do have to call them (though I've done some through email more then once) They supply the war machine for 20% less, so it's not that draining on your wallet.

As for the models, they look suitably DE. The Succubus looks really good, I also think Khymera looks badass.

Harrison, 40th Corps
Major Harrison, of the 40th Corps,

So lets all admit the truth. Tony stark is the Emperor.

Offline Katamari Damacy

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar Empire, Dwarfs
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 07:57:03 AM »
The succubus shines among these, no doubt. But then again, i think it could have been much more impressive. Personally i think Lilith is way better, as this Succubus looks like a slighty geared up Necromunda Ganger at best.

Seriously GW should check on the models/poses that their competition is doing. Cuz these Minis are just boring.
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Offline Alone in the dark

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 08:14:30 AM »
The models are certainly nice. I'm pretty sure this is going to kill the hopes of all those people planning BM swarm lists though!

They sure killed mine... No hope for my 12 beastmasters, 24 Khymerae, 12Razorwing Flocks list.    :'(

I don't even want to estimate the total prize for that...   

Offline Fealhach

• Armies: CWE, DE, IG, SoB and Crimson Fists
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 08:30:49 AM »
I really like the Beastmaster and Khymera models, but they've just pretty much been priced out of my army list.

There's also no details on the variety we can expect for Beastmasters. Will it be several models or a single one with interchangeable parts?

Offline Spacefrisian

• This is no Zaku
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 09:20:26 AM »
Clawed fiend as Grotesque (or go for Ork Nobs instead)?
Prey i don't take you alive

Offline Brynjolf Irontooth

• I hate personal texts.
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 09:36:11 AM »
I actually like all these new models.

The Succubus could have got a more dynamic pose though (referring to the legs mainly).

The Razorwing Flock will only look like a Razorwing if painted right.

Though I like the models, I have to agree on the prices. I still think I will just make my own. A hellion box is far cheaper (per model) than those Beastmasters, and some Daemon models on 40mm bases will as well be far cheaper and look just as well. I mean I still have a box of old Bloodhounds which will do just fine as Khymeras.
I hate signatures.

Offline Tethesis

• Dreamers come and go, but the dream's forever
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 09:39:05 AM »
Nice looking models, but as mentioned, totally unrealistic prices. I'll wait untill they aren't pre-order and see if their prices become decent, otherwise I'll have to look for suitable proxies and conversions. I'll probably buy the actual Razorwings though. Either that or scavenge for ripper swarms and add wings to them.

Eldar fight dirty! d(ºwº)b

Offline Blood Hawk

• Armies: Stuff
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 10:09:26 AM »
Ugh dam I thought kroot hounds were pricey.  I do like the new models though, I will probably pick up the succubus but not the rest.  If I play with beast I will probably just convert some nids, MUCH cheaper.

Offline OfStatic

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »
Ridiculously pricey pewter models yay.

Too bad they didn't make the more practical venom model.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:22:45 AM by OfStatic »

Offline Serfax

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 10:18:27 AM »
I think the new razorwings are kind of lame and unimaginative. Crows? Those are the most ill-tempered 2.5 lb birds in the 40k universe I guess... I like TheStrangeDude's interpretation better.

I'm also not too impressed with the beastmaster. Why would I pay $15 for a single hellion with a different head?

The Succubus, Clawed Fiend, and Kymerae all look pretty good. But the prices are out of control.

I'm glad that other people here are abhorred by GW's prices lately. They really are out of control...

Offline Exhume to Consume

• A slaughter of the soul.
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
I'm loving them to be honest, the beastie prices do give my wallet a heart attack though so I can see that being a slow and gradual addition to my army, and that Succubus model looks too tasty to not have (in my opinion of course). Might end up making that wych cult army I thought I was gonna do when I started playing Dark Eldar. It says the Succubus comes in five parts, so hoping that one of the five is the legs I could just stick some running legs from a wych, then have her compete with the Hekatrix i made with the warrior sprue agoniser...
The Scar of Neverwhere.

Offline Dralith

• never say dice
  • Armies: Craftworld Bionerath and Badtoof's Moonstompas
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 10:48:12 AM »
Clawed fiend as Grotesque (or go for Ork Nobs instead)?

Clawed Fiend as Rat Ogre Bonebreaker
And Oromë loved the Quendi, and named them in their own tongue Eldar, the people of the stars.

Offline The Strange Dude

• Kabal of the Poisoned Thorn
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 11:01:53 AM »
I think the new razorwings are kind of lame and unimaginative. Crows? Those are the most ill-tempered 2.5 lb birds in the 40k universe I guess... I like TheStrangeDude's interpretation better.

I'm also not too impressed with the beastmaster. Why would I pay $15 for a single hellion with a different head?

The Succubus, Clawed Fiend, and Kymerae all look pretty good. But the prices are out of control.

I'm glad that other people here are abhorred by GW's prices lately. They really are out of control...

Thanks mine were supposed to be a temporary measure till the models came out but damn they are expensive

5 beastmasters £43.50 then each beastmaster can have 5 kyhmarea @ £43.50 per beastmaster thats £261 for the unit(360pts thats about £1.38 a point). The unit I currently run 4 beastmasters and 8 razorwing flocks comes in at £98.40! (£1.71 per point!)  Now don't get me wrong I like the models but the price stinks.