News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Templars Crusader and Dark Lances  (Read 12952 times)

Offline The Frugal Gamer

Re: New Templars Crusader and Dark Lances
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2005, 02:26:48 AM »
I think that's the whole intent of this piece of wargear: to get CWE to have a reason to take some of the lesser used options.

there i was thinking that actually making said options better would be the way to encourage people taking them.

well done GW.

Well, they are getting their codex re-done in the foreseeable future, so maybe its a combination.  DE, the red-haired stepchildren of 40K, are ignored, as usual.
"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
- USAF Ammo Troop

Offline BrotherCaptainRace

• Kingworks Creative
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2005, 01:20:29 PM »
Here's my only concern: An opponent takes a simple force of 3 squads - 2 troops + 1 HQ - sticks them each inside a LRC . . . and keeps them there.

I can see this unfortunate scenario happening now:

BT Player: "I only had three squads and I wiped out his entire Kabal - I didn't even have to get out of my transports! DE are teh suck! Heh, heh, heh!"

Then I get arrested for kicking his @$$ . . .  :(

Offline Full Metal Geneticist

• Sir Quotesaplenty | No new bastardy suits.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Defender of the Text Wall
    • FMG's Angry Rantings
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2005, 12:08:53 AM »
Well you could assault the front with wyches and haywires. The LRC has only one access point. A destroyed result will mean the squad inside dies. I know its a bit crazy but you could technically do it.

It is pernicious nonsense that feeds into a rising wave of irrationality which threatens to overwhelm the hard-won gains of the Enlightenment and the scientific method. We risk as a society slipping back into a state of magical thinking when made-up science passes for rational discourse. I would compare it to witchcraft but honestly that's insulting to witches.

Offline TzarNikolai

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2005, 03:37:40 AM »
i'm pretty sure it has side access points too.

anyway, how are you going to destroy it? again. why would i give my wyches haywires unless i knew specifically that i was fighting BT. that would mean that i'm also tailoring my list to fight a specific army which we frown upon in my group. (favouring a tournament style "one list against all" approach).

Without re-tooling my list i can't think of a single way to kill the land raider reliably.

agonisers! glance on 6's...

Offline Revener

• Moooo!
    • VÄS
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2005, 09:36:26 AM »
Yeah you shouldn't be forced to tailor your list.
Then again you can get lucky. Last time played VS a SM scout list I destryed both Dreadnaughts with the agoniser, 4tries with Haywires grenades did nothing :) .
Anyway......