News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I need some help w/ space marines.  (Read 459 times)

Offline juggalo9mm

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
I need some help w/ space marines.
« on: May 1, 2009, 09:25:21 PM »
Well i kinda need some help w/ space marines. I've got 2 assault on black reach box sets. I went 1/2's on them w/ a buddy of mine. So he took the space orks and i took the space marines. Then i went out and got another tactical squad. Thats all the space marines i got, so far.
But i am having problems beating him. Can any1 give me any tips as to what kinda strategy i should be using? Also what should i be looking to get next 4 my army?

Offline Space Merlyn

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Pleidiol wyf
  • Armies: Eldar, Salamanders, 'Nids
Re: I need some help w/ space marines.
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2009, 09:33:16 PM »
Check out the Space Marine forum:

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?board=79.0

There's a good stickied post at the very top that should give you several pointers.

Have you thought which space marine chapter you might like to choose? That could influence which units you'd tend towards eventually.

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
Re: I need some help w/ space marines.
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2009, 09:36:18 PM »
Against Orks, you need to make a gunline and shoot him to death before his Boyz get to your line.  Intercept his Nobz with your Terminators.  Be sure to do everything you can to get the assault rather than letting him have it.  Back up as you shoot until you can move forward and assault him.  Use Combat Squads to Speed Bump his large squads of Boyz so that the rest of your force can get another round of shooting at them.

Next, buy some Rhinos for your Tactical Squads and, maybe, a drop Pod or two for your Dreads.

Also, move this thread to the Space Marine Tactics and Armylists Forum for more specific advice.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.