News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: monstrous creatures  (Read 3018 times)

Offline Nids848

• I *Love* Farseer12!
    • Covshire- you all should come here, it's a cool group to join.
monstrous creatures
« on: August 28, 2002, 03:24:05 AM »
i know monstrous creatures can join any unit they want but are they aloud to leave and join any unit whenever and as often as they like, like could he join one unit then leave it then go to another unit on the next turn??

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
Re:monstrous creatures
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2002, 08:56:31 PM »
Yes, they may, but only in the Movement phase, and not all Monstrous Creatures can join units (but all the 'nid Monstrous Creatures can).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2002, 08:57:30 PM by The Hive Custodian »
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline Nids848

• I *Love* Farseer12!
    • Covshire- you all should come here, it's a cool group to join.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 01:46:16 PM »
this is kinda weird but could they join a unit before moving and then leave the unit after moving, its all still during the movement phase.

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 07:19:44 PM »
I suppose you could, if you had move left... but why would you want to? You could just move directly, and get the same effect.
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline Hivemind

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 11:58:51 PM »
In fact there is really no benefit for a Tyranid monstrous creature to join any unit other than tyrant guard, only negatives.

For example if a tyrant joined a squad of gaunts and was shot by a heavy weapon unit, any hits past those needed to kill the tyrant would carry over to the gaunts.  If the tyrant were by itself the extra hits would be lost.

A carnifex in a unit of gaunts that failed a morale check would have to follow the gaunts instinctive behavior, until the unit rallied.  If the carnifex were by itself it would automatically pass the morale check, but that ability does not carry over to the gaunts.
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

Offline jasper

• if you dont know, i cant tell you
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2002, 02:59:35 AM »
i think they make all creatures in the unit move the same speed too, so you get slowed down

Offline Antediluvian

• All ends have a new beginning...
« Reply #6 on: September 5, 2002, 08:02:41 PM »
so a carnifex with tyrant gaurd out of synapce have to do a instinctive behavior? ill have to follow them up with a unit of tyranid warriors with venom cannons. Do biovores use instinctive behavior? finaly,oh damn i forgot. well oh well... amphetamine parrot biovores use ordnance blasts!!! I wondered why they sucke so bad.

Offline Hivemind

« Reply #7 on: September 6, 2002, 11:41:48 AM »
Yes, any Tyranid that is not either Fearless, or Synapse (or a genestealer) must make an instinctive behavior check if it is out of synapse range.

Since the Carnifex's fearless ability is not conferred on the Guard, they would need to make a roll, and the carni would follow them.

I wouldn't worry too much about most of your creatures - with a Ld of 10 you wont fail too many rolls.  I sometimes fail 1 in a game, and only once have I failed twice.
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.