News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "beaks"  (Read 1341 times)

Offline fetischfweek

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
"beaks"
« on: November 15, 2005, 05:36:04 PM »
ok, im posting this cos im confused, i work with chaos, but ive got a space marine squad here too, so i was gonna make a rag tag traitor squad, but im wondering, do the beaks mean anything? or r they just another kind of mask? for example if i wanted to make up a hawk lords squad and defile them to attach them to my chaos army, would they need to have beak helmets? or can they have the normal "bulldog" helmets?

Offline green hell

Re: "beaks"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 05:43:49 PM »
Nope. Totally fine. Alot of people use the beaky helmets. They are just an older variant of space marine gear. If you look at some older white dwarf battle reports, some CSM's have the beak helmets, personally, I can't get enough of 'em!
Out of step, with the world

Offline fetischfweek

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 05:48:36 PM »
weee, im so happy, i just love liche purple, lol, would anyone have any objections to facing a squad made up of indavidual traitors from different leigons?

Offline ColonelLindsay

• Praise be to the God-Emperor
    • The Battle for Thralanx
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 06:03:50 PM »
the beaks are a part of the mark 6 type power armour. 7 now being the most common. in actuality most traitor units will have these or lower type helmets and armour. take a look at their knees too mark 7 have pads and mark 6 just sorta loop over. check out the link. most were given some sort of name too. like crusade or heresy or maximus armour. if you can get your hands on an older white dwarf or catalogue you can see all the rest of them.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=301189&orignav=301117&GameNav=301115

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.us?do=List_Models&code=301127&orignav=301117&GameNav=301115
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/thralanx
"GW store managers aren't known to be reliable sources..." - Irandura
Hey, I'm finally a Full Member again!!!
"The only good use of pride is swallowing it." - mrspungebob
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Offline fetischfweek

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 06:13:28 PM »
theyre all MK7 units, i just call them bulldog helmets, lol, but reading through the chaos codex it says theres marines faultering all the time, plus im working under the banner of slaanesh, so it stands to reason some indavidual warriors would fall to chaos

Offline green hell

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 08:28:22 AM »
Don't forget to pick up some old classic Space Marine Armour as well! The Iron Armour, Crusader, Maximus, and Heresy armour variants are all excellent, I use those for my squad of veterans, they look so cool!
Out of step, with the world

Offline Sig121

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2005, 01:29:17 AM »
You also might surf though ebay now and then to find rouge trade marines.  They came in sets of 30 and 10 and ALL had beakie helmets.  I actually have about 50 of them that Im striping of an old freakish paint job right now.  They have considerably less detail than the newer models but would be great to give your army that older look if you wanted it.

Offline Killgore

• Guardian
  • Ulthwe
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2005, 05:49:19 PM »
in 1st edition 40k nearly every spacemarine model had a beakie helmet... 2nd ed was the begining of the age of the mk 7 armor

Offline fetischfweek

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 04:04:16 AM »
sounds cool, i always thought the beaks looked wicked, gave the space marines a sort of...evil bird like look, lol, i dunno, i just think they look more funky

Offline The Reborn

• I'm being out-gunned by a darn Carnifex....
  • Armies: Eldar, Harlequins.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 01:47:56 PM »
My friend is currently in the process of finding/pleading/buying/begging for as many Beaky helmets as he can get. He`s building a Raven Guard army and wants every figure to be wearing a beaky helmet....even the vet sergeants will have a beaky hollowed-out and slung onto their belts, ready to wear!!!!
They really suit the assault jump troops, i must say....if anyone in England has a couple and wouldn`t mind donating them to a great chap, please PM me? :)

-Reborn. :)

Offline darthplagis

• Time to crack out the bongos.
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 08:25:57 PM »
to be really honest there should be a hell of a lot more beakys in a chaos army as they only nicked one batch of mk7+ armour from mars before hitting earth and not that many legions had a lot of new gear as they were spread out across the galaxy @ time of heresy only the elite of the legions were given new armour and the emperors favorite shamed sons the emperors children had access to the gear cos they learned how and made it themselves or got people in to make it for them.

every one bug GW to release a pre heresy box with beakies and iron heads in with bumpy pads ;D and cool chain attachments for bolter bayonets (rtb01 style).

Offline fetischfweek

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 10:23:42 PM »
i agree, lets start a petition to send to GW for some beaky chaos marines

Offline Major Arah

• Major
  • Don't think that arrows are outdated
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 05:45:54 AM »
Hey there is always the possibilty of Codex Chaos Space Marines 4th ed, who knows what new miniatures that could bring.
Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet. - Dave Barry