News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Hulk  (Read 3690 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Space Hulk
« on: August 16, 2013, 05:27:47 PM »
Is now out on Steam for those who don't have it in any of the other thousand versions already published. I particularly recommend it for those who feel Marines are over powered as this is a game where your Terminators shall die like wheat before the scythe of Genestealer farmer like persons. Even a swift gust of breeze will have your loyal squad members hurling their vital organs out upon the deck. Also a reminder of the good times where assault cannons exploded in a shower of deadly pieces. Good times.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Space Hulk
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 08:04:34 PM »
Rummy, thanks to you I got a weird look from my wife for randomly saying "What?  No way!  AWESOME!!!"
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Shas'La robo

• For the Greater GOOD!!... and the Emperor
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Tau
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:12:07 AM »
Anyone interested in splitting the 2 pack to save some money??

robo
hug cover, shoot the big ones, and cripple the fast ones. if those cant be achieved, kill em all.  8)

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:42:17 AM »
Has anyone already taken a closer at the game? I have read 2 reviews that dont match up to 100%.

My main question is, how many game modes are there?

I have read about a single player mode, a multiplayer mode, where one player controls the marines and the other the genestealers and a coop mode, where both players control marines.

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 10:53:01 AM »
I may be picking it up today, depending on whether or not the guy that is coming by to buy some furniture actually gets it and we get some extra money.  The one thing that really jumped out at me was the one line on steam that said:

"Cross platform multiplayer between Windows PC, Mac and iOS! Play asynchronous against friends and foes on multiple platforms"

My brother is going to be getting this game when it comes out on iPad, so being able to play against him even then is going to be awesome!

Edit:  So I bought the game and so far I am enjoying it after 4 hours of play time.  The AI is meh... always running stealers down long hallways at over watching marines, and some rather large bugs that need to be taken care of, but the game play is identical to the board game.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 09:49:12 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Spirit of Kurnous

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 09:56:31 AM »
I have been playing it. must say the AI is a bit stupid, makes it easy for marines in single player. think the game is more marketed for multiplayer games where people can move those stealers properly
40k:
Eldar=12000pts
Slaanesh Deamons = 2000pts

Fantasy:
Slaanesh=5000pts      
Wood Elves=6000pts
Slaanesh Deamons = 3000pts
High Elves 3000pts

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 12:23:53 AM »
I know I am bringing back an oldie, but my interest in this game has seen a resurgence.  My brother recently downloaded the game on iPad and being able to play asynchronously against him as he lives in Ottawa has been great.  We both enjoyed this game as kids and getting a chance to play it again has been a blast.

So much so that I am wondering if anyone else out there who has picked up the game is looking to get some multiplayer games in and get some hot Marine on Stealer action going.  You can either play it live and have a 5 minute limit before the game gets deleted, or you can up that limit to 5 days if your schedules don't match up.

So, any takers?  Rummy... I'm looking at you bud :P
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Shas'La robo

• For the Greater GOOD!!... and the Emperor
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Tau
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 09:11:19 PM »
I wouldn't mind some games.

Hell if we get enough we could do some sort of mini 40KOline tourney :D

Steam Community :: [Out] robo

robo
hug cover, shoot the big ones, and cripple the fast ones. if those cant be achieved, kill em all.  8)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 01:00:26 AM »
So, any takers?  Rummy... I'm looking at you bud :P

I haven't played that game in nearly a year. Additionally, I'm not sure I trust you enough to be *adequately* drunk when playing. It's a drinking game, sir!
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 01:19:04 AM »
I can pretend to be drunk off that makes you feel better.  And ifyou haven't played in a year, what bettertime to start! 
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 01:59:38 PM »
See, you're already talking about faking it so I can tell this relationship won't go anywhere positive. I'm going to start seeing other people.
Drink
Knights Tippler

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 02:28:31 PM »
*sniff* Fine, I see how it is!  What ever, I didn't want to play with you anyways.  Robo and I can play together without you! :'(
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 04:27:37 PM »
The rebound player 2, ouch. He's right here man, right here.

I'll reload it at some point and see how much I remember.
Drink
Knights Tippler