News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DE vs. Tau battlerep (the shortform)  (Read 967 times)

Offline Lord Malath

• Only those who fight will ever concour
DE vs. Tau battlerep (the shortform)
« on: March 17, 2002, 12:26:34 AM »
due to the sevire lacjk of a camra, i am not able to give any pictures, but I want to nutshell out a battle that i rescentley had agenst tau.

It was a take and hold misson, and I was the attacker. there was some cover building (treet as forests) terrain placed relitevley evenley around the board, provideing manny fireing corridores.  genrally the board was open (think only like 6 pices on a 8x4 table)

I run a genral DE army with 9 raiders, mized DL's and disintrigrators, about a 7 DL. 4 disint ratio.

I was able t really cripple his starting forces of ahamerhead nad two develfish, the hemmerhead got popped before it even knew what happned, and the develfishwhere ubabke to take my hard press.

I then used my raiders to form a wall about 12-24' from the objective (witch I parked a raider squad right on top of after puching his transports back and pinning the troops that where inside (note-horrorfex and terrorfex ROCK agenst tau)

this left him with 2 opctions to being in most of his elies.  I could deep strike, but inside my raider parimiter I still had my archon and incubi loaded up reas yo assult anything that appeared in there, not to mention a wide open killing field.  he could also bring in units fron his edge, with had not fireing likes to the opjective, rthabks to some well placed woods and (by now and soon to be) smokeing heps of raiders litering the battlefield. whenever he dep struck some drone quads, witch has little effectin shooting (BS 2 is rough, no mater how tou look at it) and where shot to piseby raider swuaddee in fire positions.  he brought in 2 crisis qquads (on was his leader, scarry bugger) and a antitank squad.  The antitank squad die prety erll cleaning up two raiders thT I sent after it, and ended the game in close combat agenst a raider squad, along with some surviveing fire warriors. (did a number on them)  

his leader quad he beought out on one my my walls, and spent his first turn shooting diwn the raiders that where forming that wall.  right after that I was able to assult with some qytchesm witch did an amazeing job of both kiilling suits, as well as locking that unit on close ombat.

as few things that went in my favor where that he did not get his stelthg suits till the endgame (these things are nasty, ace them right after the hemmehead if you can), also some bad rolling ony his part was slowing him down.

this "wall" stratighy seamed to work well agenst them.  the large area of open terrain that I could ruh raiders out of, and use squads nside in cover to shoot things that entered worked really well here and I would sugest this to other DE players when you have to hold something.  

also, I was able to keep the tau on the devencive, wtich I think ins one of the keys to beeting them, and pinning the leade4rship 7 and 8 guys is a snap.

:)

nect time I will have tpo remember to get my camr, and I can explane what happned a little better.  
"it's one thing to hold the hammer in your hand. But do you have it in you? Can you drive the nail?"
-Rollins Band