News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pts Harlequins  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Rookyboy

1000 pts Harlequins
« on: October 28, 2005, 08:27:06 PM »
I made this with the harlequin codex of the site critisim appreciated

Hq
Great Harlequin - Shuriken Pistol + Bio explsosive ammunition + 
Phase Field + Power blades

Shadowseer - +  Power Blades +  fusion pistol +  Tanglefoot grenades  +
Hallucination grenades
Elites
Death jesterx3 - + Bright lance x 3

Solitare - + shurken pistol 1 pt + bio explosive ammunition + powerblades
Haywire grenades+ Dread mask
Troops
Troupes x5 - + Troupe leader + Harlequin kiss + Power weopen + Hallucination grenades + Riveblades + neuro disruptor

Troupes x5 - + Troupe leader + Harlequin kiss + Power weopen + Hallucination grenades + Riveblades + neuro disruptor

Offline Tango

• I used to be Tricodex
Re: 1000 pts Harlequins
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 10:11:34 PM »
I wouldn't include troupe leaders in a five man squad in the fist place, let alone one so loaded. Why don't you drop the leaders and give your squads more bodies and weapons. I would also drop the solitaire for more troupes. 5 harlies on their own don't last long.

Visit my invision RP forum:
http://s13.invisionfree.com/iSamurai
Yet another neko lover
Tricodex; tree-ko-deks

Offline troup leader

• follow me
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 10:57:53 PM »
i have to agree and dissagree. harlequins are better in a group of 10, but if you use a venom then it is better to use . put  in the transport with 1 jest dester as we call him. give the solitair a jump pack if those are even still around. now  you need to have something to take out those tanks. it looks like you use characters to full fill that role.personaly i dont like charaters too much. they cost bookoo bucks and when they die its always a heavy loss. to deal with vechicals i suggest trying a harlequin dreadnought, but i wouldnt realy know how this will work since i'm looking for feed back as to why i should even make one.

looks like a good list but you NEED a venom. they are awsome. also a bit more heavy fire power  will do you well

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 06:46:48 AM »
Great Harlequin - D-field is essential for this guy. So are plasma grenades.

Shadowseer - again, D-field is important. He runs wit ha squad then? Drop the pistol as you will want to FoF most of the time, and get a shuriken pistol instead to add an attack.

Elites
Death jesterx3 - Looks fine

Solitare - again, D-field. Drop the bio-exposivbes as you will want to FoF anyway.

Troops
2x Troupes x5 - drop the leader, and give a venom to one squad.

Good luck.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 09:39:28 AM »
First: Please improve on your formatting.  There are some great articles in the DE forum about this.

As far as the list goes, 3 characters is utterly absurd for 1000 points.  Although I understand your reasoning, it simply doesn't work.  You need more guys!  I'd recommend dropping the Great Harlequin and the Solitaire for a Venom, more guys, and maybe some Mimes.

Furthermore, I'd recommend following Rasmus' suggestions for equipment.

Offline Rookyboy

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 01:16:21 PM »
Well first of all let me clear some things up i bout a lot of models off ebbay and thats what i have models wize and thats the reason for all the characters i wasnt sure about how weopens work but i play tested it against my eldar and against a proxy marine army and i won both I find it really revolves around how your fof rolls go down one thing i need to no is does your holofield save protect from instant kill cause if it dosent a scatter laser can kill your great harlequin one shot

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 03:47:45 PM »
ok... that post was really hard to read. Try interpunctuation. End sentences with a period and start the next with a capital letter. It helps a lot.
   I gather these are the models you have and that is what you are playing. Fair enough. Proxy a venom. You will need it if you want to expand anyway.
   As for your rolls to FOF; get a venom. It helps you moving your troops.
   And finally I think you are asking if the holo-field will save against a scatterlaser. Yes it will. It is a coversave, negated by templates and blasts, and not applicable in cc. Since the scatterlaser fills neither of those categories you apply it as usual.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline troup leader

• follow me
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 09:18:08 PM »
i have to agree that post was a bit rough to read, but its ok. i myself have terrable spelling and never take the time to spell check anything. dont let that fool ya though. ive been living off my wits for a long time :). i too have been limited by my pieces. my 1000 ish ponit army is armed how the actual models are. so i have 3 powerfists 2 hand flamers 2 power axe 2 needel pistoles and 1 harlequins kiss. i gave all of them granades krack, frag, blind, and shrukin pistoles. its cool that you have the pieces that you have but i suggest you go to your local gaming store and see what pieces you can order. whlie your at the store buy yourself a vyper and some plasti card or something simular and start making that venom. if you realy have some money to blow and some time to kill pick up a wraith lord as well. order some face plates and make a harlequin wraith lord (which i'm currently thinking about doing.) it will greatly expand your army and make for a nice set.

Offline Rookyboy

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 10:04:59 PM »
Ok thanks.Sorry about the bad post i was in a hurry. Turns out the set on ebay got a higher bid then mine in the last hour so its back to ordering terribely overpriced models from the GW site  :( . Im starting to get the point that overpowered characters is not a good thing for harlequins.So im thinking about droppiing the solitare and troup leaders for some harlequins and possibly some bikes
any suggestions or tactics appreciated.

Offline InfinityCircuit

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Useless, useless."--JWB
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 10:00:19 AM »
Random things:

eBay bidding 101: Get a friend on another comp and only bid in the last 10 seconds.  You will lose a lot less.

troupe leader is playing under 2nd edition, so some of the equipment he mentions isn't legal in 4th edition.

Scatter lasers will instant-kill you if you fail your armor save.

I wouldn't recommend a Wraithlord at smaller point values as it is too slow.

End Random Things.

As far as tactics go, I'd recommend that you try a balanced force with some Venoms, some footsloggers, and some DJs.  You may think that this is stupid, as Harlequins should be min-maxed to the extreme.  However, in my experience, Harlequins with a bit of redundancy suddenly become-super Harlequins.  Therefore, I'd recommend going with a mixed force to start with.

Good luck!