News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Golden Demon Uk Entry - Dark Eldar  (Read 2866 times)

Offline JDog053

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Golden Demon Uk Entry - Dark Eldar
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:46:24 PM »
Hay guys. I mentioned elsewhere that i'm entering a Dark Eldar miniature in Golden Demon next year.

I am pretty much sculpting the entire miniature from scratch so it may take a while. Once I complete enough of the bottom half of the miniature i'll begin to take pictures. The main reasn that i'm doing this is to force me to complete the task.

My main aim is to fuly sculpt the model and have it on display at my local Games Workshop as a Dark Eldar green!

Here goes...

Offline deStone

• Warrior
  • I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
Re: Golden Demon Uk Entry - Dark Eldar
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 06:58:22 PM »
OooOOoo, lets see some pictures

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 04:03:33 PM »
A lot of talk but no pictures...
Anyone can start claiming they can paint at golden demon lvl, but how many actually have true skills.
I've seen too many bad painters to always believe anyone who says he's a good painter.

Put some pictures of you WIP, and some of your previous work.

What type of dark eldar are you sculpting anyways?

The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 06:31:21 AM »
Hay guys. I mentioned elsewhere that i'm entering a Dark Eldar miniature in Golden Demon next year.

Here goes...

Hey JDog any chance of some pictures or at least some word of how you are progressing?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline JDog053

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 07:13:48 AM »
Oh yeah sure, i'll post pictures soon! I'm still in the sculpting stage. I haven't had much time recently as i've been very ill with a virus. I'm also currently painting soem Tau for my friend.

Just to confirm. I didn't say that I could paint to Golden Demon standard, I merely said I am doing a Golden Demon entry. The main reason i'm doing it is as a replacement of the current Dark Eldar warrior which is abysmal. The model is an attempt to summarise my love of the warriors and to challenge both my sculpting and painting ability!

How do I attach images ?

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 07:36:18 AM »
use www.photobucket.com or something

It's gonna be pretty useless if you can't post pictures lol.

Don't forget to put some of your other work to see what lvl you're on.

You could get some pretty decent help in here, since we do have a few pretty skilled painters and even some goldendemon winners. Even so that won't always change the fact that you do or don't have a lot of experience in painting.

I'm pretty curious on how this is going to end up...
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline JDog053

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: December 8, 2008, 03:03:39 PM »
I will be sorting some pictures out soon. I'm still finding very little time to sculpt as i have some deadlines for university coming up but i'll see what I can do. I'll also get some pictures sorted of miniatures that I have completed. I have only really concentrated on painting in the last year or so and i'm currently practicing on many different models ainting techniques.

Don't worry though, it will be typical Dark Eldar just with a few less spikes and very close to the picture in the 4th edition rule-book.

Offline JDog053

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 01:27:36 PM »
I've been doing soem work on the miniature recently but have decided to simplify the miniature somewhat and only add details that I feelshould be there. Lik the much beter torso, the pauldrons and the excellent knee-pads.If I add these and do them very well I should end up with a very simple looking model that is typically dark eldar. I'm undecided however whether I should try and convert one of the newer helmets or go for flesh tones with hair as in the art I am using as inspiration ?

Anhoo, I will get pictures up soon enough...