News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Multi-Craftworld list  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Morai-heg

• Beware of geeks bearing formulas - Warren Buffett
Multi-Craftworld list
« on: November 16, 2017, 04:54:18 AM »
Hi all,

This is my first take on the new codex.
I grew tired of the serpent spam/wraith Ynnari, so I would like to build something more fun. The new codex is great, it offers so many new possibilities due to stratagems, relics, psychic powers...

Biel Tan Battalion

20 Guardians
20 Guardians
10 Dire Avengers; Exarch w/shimmershield/powerglaive
Farseer w/doom/fortune
Warlock w/protect/jinx
Wave serpent w/vectored engines

Alaitoc Outrider Detachment

5 Shining Spears; Exarch w/star lance
5 Swooping Hawks
5 Swooping Hawks
Autarch Skyrunner w/Laserlance

Alaitoc Spearhead Detachment

3x Fire Prism
Farseer w/doom/will of asuryan w/shiftshroud of alanssair

Saim Hann Vanguard Detachment

5 Striking Scorpions
5 Striking Scorpions
5 Striking Scorpions
Warlock Skyrunner w/quicken

9 command points; 2006 pts (i need to tweak something to reach 2000)

The idea is to try to engage my opponent from all sides.
First thing, the guardians will use 3 combat points to use the webway (question: can the autarch try to recover those points already?) and the Alaitoc Farseer will use the shiftshroud to give them support.
80 shuriken shots that reroll 1s, with the help of doom, should make my opponent worry. One squad then will use Fire and Fade while the other will be protected by the will of asuryan.
Around those guys I can deliver three squads of scorpions and two hawks. Their job will be to harass the enemy, finish enemy squads and force him to worry about his back because those guys can force a lot of mortal wounds. The scorpions mandiblaster works well in MSU I feel, since 3 small squads will force 3x mortal wounds than a single large squad. Saim Hann helps my scorpions get in combat thanks to charge reroll.
All this should keep the enemy occupied fighting in his deployment zone.

The prisms will stay far away and unleash all the hell they can. They can use the stratagem to link their fire (i still have 5 cp free) or not, but even if they don’t they are able to take down anything they want in a single turn.
This should make the enemy worry about MY deployment zone.

Meanwhile, my hammer is represented by the spears, who are supported by the autarch, making them a powerful killing machine. Alaitoc adds durability. The warlock skyrunner can fling them almost anywhere on the table if they need to.
The serpent should move anywhere it is needed, and will deploy a squad of avengers that has numerous offensive and defensive buff, thanks to psychic powers. With a 5+ overwatch they become a nice threat.

What do you people think?
I am still wondering about what powers to dive to my psykers, if you have suggestions I am more than happy to hear.

P.S. of course I am going MSU mostly to load up on command points. Those things are incredibly valuable. And, as I said, the mandiblaster mechanics make scorpions very useful in MSU

Edited for stats and rules in accordance with forum rule 1 - Iris.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 07:55:32 AM by Irisado »

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Multi-Craftworld list
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 05:01:09 AM »
G'day Morai-heg!
Crikey Moses, glad I'm not playing against you, mate. You've put a lot of thought into this. Looks solid... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:18:23 AM »
Have a play around, but getting close to a fireprism is not that hard right now...Iyanden might work out better. You could swap them out for 3 crimson hunters and take it as an airwing so you can drop the farseer as well.. you could take 2-3 CH Exarchs with Starcannons

Offline Morai-heg

• Beware of geeks bearing formulas - Warren Buffett
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:11:17 AM »
Iyanden is actually a nice idea... I might switch to it, great call.
Unfortunately I do not own crimson hunters so I can't take that advice.

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 10:45:31 AM »
Hi Morai-heg!

I have to say, your skill of composing highly efficient lists is seriously impressive. The two lists that you posted to this forum (Ynnari and this one) are among the best I've seen.

Biel Tan Battalion

20 Guardians
20 Guardians
10 Dire Avengers; Exarch w/shimmershield/powerglaive
Farseer w/doom/fortune
Warlock w/protect/jinx
Wave serpent w/vectored engines
This looks good

Alaitoc Outrider Detachment

5 Shining Spears; Exarch w/star lance
5 Swooping Hawks
5 Swooping Hawks
Autarch Skyrunner w/Laserlance
Don't see much point in Hawks - with 100 shuricat shots already in the list, some extra S3 firepower doesn't sound like much. Shining spears will probably feel better under Saim-Hann, and so will Autarch - Novalance is a fantastic weapon.

Alaitoc Spearhead Detachment

3x Fire Prism
Farseer w/doom/will of asuryan w/shiftshroud of alanssair
3 Prisms with the corresponding stratagem can dish out some serious damage. I wonder if that will prove to be overkill, seeing that they have to fire at the same target. Note that without stratagem they are still meh. Anyway, if you actually have three of them, that would be a really interesting option to test.

Saim Hann Vanguard Detachment

5 Striking Scorpions
5 Striking Scorpions
5 Striking Scorpions
Warlock Skyrunner w/quicken
This is good, although I'd be tempted to disassemble the outrider detachment and move Autarch and Spears here, and Hawks to Alaitoc Spearhead. 8 CP is still great for 2k.

First thing, the guardians will use 3 combat points to use the webway (question: can the autarch try to recover those points already?) and the Alaitoc Farseer will use the shiftshroud to give them support.
80 shuriken shots that reroll 1s, with the help of doom, should make my opponent worry. One squad then will use Fire and Fade while the other will be protected by the will of asuryan.
If the Guardians were also Alaitoc, Farseer infiltrating near them could effectively make them fearless via warlord trait. Not sure how much use will be Fire and Fade for 20 guardians dropped within 12" of the enemy - too big to hide, too close to move out of range.

The scorpions mandiblaster works well in MSU I feel, since 3 small squads will force 3x mortal wounds than a single large squad.
Not 100% sure what you mean - mandiblasters roll 1 die per each model in combat, so squad size is kind of irrelevant. This way you get more clawed exarchs though - do you plan to use them?

Saim Hann helps my scorpions get in combat thanks to charge reroll.
Probability wise, with re-rolls you will fairly reliably get 1 squad out of three into combat right after infiltration.

Meanwhile, my hammer is represented by the spears, who are supported by the autarch, making them a powerful killing machine. Alaitoc adds durability. The warlock skyrunner can fling them almost anywhere on the table if they need to.
Making these Saim-Hann gives you access to the stratagem that allows to advance and assault. Quicken can be unreliable, and will only affect either Spears or Autarch, but not both.
One nice idea would be to make the Quicken warlock Biel-tan and give him Spirit Stone relic.

I am still wondering about what powers to dive to my psykers, if you have suggestions I am more than happy to hear.
Your powers are pretty much spot on, provided you're adamant about using the Shiftshroud. Although in this case I'd still be tempted to make guardians Alaitoc and make them fearless by an infiltrating Alaitoc Warlord-seer, who will then use Guide instead of Will of Asurian to compensate for the lack of Biel-tan rerolls.

Protect/Jinx and Quicken/Restrain are hands down the two best warlock powers (and are probably among the best powers in the game), so having 2 warlocks with these two powers is ideal imho.

I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Frowny

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 06:50:34 AM »
Just as a thing to think about, this list is INCREDIBLY close to filling out a brigade, which is worth 3 more CP's. You already have 4 HQ, 3 elites, FA and HS and 3 troops (easily 4 if you split the DA into 2 units of 5). If you split the DA into 2x5 units, you are only 120 points (2 5 man ranger squads as objective campers) away from getting there.

I might drop the Farseer with doom and will. You can already get fearlessness where you need it by giving someone the alitoc general trait. And you can only attempt doom once anyway. For sure, its an important power to get off and spread and redundency are nice. But is it 3CP's worth of nice? Then you are only ~20 points off. I also think the shimmershield/powerglaive isn't necessary on the DA exarch given he already has a 4++ to tank those few shots for you. You could trim a few guardians to get the last little bit of the way there. Dropping 1 shining spear for an assortment of unit upgrades (scorpions claws, 2x DA catapults, hawks talons) I think would also serve you well.

Just a thought.