News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330741 times)

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + Campaign Projects
« Reply #960 on: December 2, 2016, 10:31:49 AM »
Good to agree with Iri, those Terminators are looking awesome!
I am very jealous of how well you are able to paint the black and white check pattern, it's so tidy!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #961 on: December 2, 2016, 06:49:59 PM »
Wowzors holy crap Cav, there is some amazingballs stuff on here since I last dropped by! (been a while, sorry!)

Absolutely love those thunder hammer terminators, the orange is glorious! Then looking at the finished two with checkered legs it made my own legs wobble, the checkers, orange, and battle damage is just so cool.

Next up, holy crap, scorpions are finally done! Dang man so fantastic, really dig it, they are exactly as you say -- blend of their own uniqueness with some similarity to the other squad, well executed sir.

But yeah your Kill Team list was sub-par I have to say, Dire Avengers just don't cut it :( Sad but true. Jetbikes are OP so that's a no-no as well. Maybe 3x jetbikes with 1x cannon is OK, but more than that is just like cheating. (says the guy with a 10x Corsair jetbike Kill Team... undefeated for 2 years in a row. DONT DO IT.)

Man looking at these sweet assault units, I think we need to have an Assault Aspect Warhost showdown. I think that's how it needs to go. My samurai Scorpions versus your Corsair boarding party scorpions. Kabuki harlequins versus your glorious Wraithblades. Plum blossom Shining Spears of the Falling Snow versus the red and gold Spears of Asuryan. Farseer Tanaka the Kinslayer bearing his much-blooded Naginata witch glaive versus your Autarch with Soulshrive. AAWESOME
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #962 on: December 3, 2016, 07:47:19 AM »
@Irisado- Thanks so much Irisado. Very happy with the scatter terrain. It was my brother's idea to do the yellow Nuclear/Chemical Waste barrels. Really glad we did... nice little splash of color there amidst all the great ruins. Very happy you like the Deathwing terminators though. I'm so stoked to have them in my collection and really feel like I made a good choice in paying the big bucks for these models. Just started adding transfers yesterday and I think it really adds a lot. Thanks so much as always Irisado, its always appreciated.

@Auric's Pride- Hey thanks AP. So glad you dig them, especially being a Ravenguard guy with such a fantastic looking army of similar scheme. Yeah I'm surprised myself that I've been able to do the checker patterns. I think a lot of it has to do with the Celestra Grey... its just so easy to work with. Anyway thanks as always bud :)

@Ibushi- Hey there battle-bro. Thanks for stopping by bud. So glad you like the termies I know its a far cry from the super vibrant Corsairs, so its awesome to get such positive feedback. Also very glad you like the Scorpions and terrain as well.

Yeah my Kill Team list was freaking WEAK! I think I'm gonna use Swooping Hawks next time... As for your kill team list CHEESE!  ;D ;D ;D

Also......... YES! Sounds like a perfect match-up.... and should be a visual exciting game perfect for bat-reps... Hell yeah! As you know I cannot wait! Anyway thanks bro really appreciate your feedback. Seen you soon!

@Everybody- Thanks so much for all the great feedback guys its always very much appreciated. Gonna finish building the rest of the termies, finish up a 10 man Emperor's Children squad and hopefully get some games in soon. Anyway stay tuned guys I'll be back soon!

« Last Edit: December 3, 2016, 07:48:42 AM by Cavalier »
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #963 on: December 4, 2016, 05:02:27 AM »
Those terminators are looking super sweet Cav! Really clean finish, with some beautiful, eye-catching details. The checks are so well done, and the hammer are just brilliant at catching your attention and drawing the eye in. Just wonderful.

One question though. You may hate me for asking, and it may be something that you have considered but decided not to do...

...any thoughts of freehand or something on the shields?

I ask this knowing that I wouldn't have the cojones to try freehand, but those shields look like the most amazing canvas you could ask for. Seems a shame to waste it (Not that you have, I just think they could be so much more!).

Great work Cav!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #964 on: December 4, 2016, 07:28:03 AM »
Hey Loosh, thanks buddy really appreciate the compliments, especially coming from one of my ultimate painting bros.

No worries asking about the shields. They are 100% NOT done... I just don't know what to freaking do with them! I've been pouring over everything DA from Rogue Trader, Heresy book 6: Retribution, going on ebay looking at OOP transfer sheets and even the ultra-loaded 7th ed. codex and I just can't decide!

The strongest contender is the crossed swords featured as the central icon on the Deathwing as pictured in the latest heresy book. Its also the symbol for the Guardians of the Covenant Space Marines. I saw some original variant art created on the web...

I also thought about going real old school, go for some classic knightly heraldry something along these line:

I just cannot decide! If I go for the Crossed-Swords which is the icon for Crusade-Era Deathwing (I think I'm leaning in this direction) I'm probably gonna try stenciling for the first time as I've learned how to control my airbrush pretty good at this point.

However it is risky.... while I think I can do a good job stenciling it on... cleaning it up after the stencil (which is inevitable no matter how good a job I do) might ruin the smooth finish on the shield which would suck....

I'd have an easier time hand painting some kind of knightly heraldry thats more pattern oriented like the checkers... but I don't want to skimp on these fantastic models just due to difficulty! As you can see my head is stuck in a total loop trying to decide.

What do you think bud? I'd be fascinated to know... I think I'm gonna finish painting the whole squad and then decide. I've already started applying transfers and its really adding a lot... so maybe I can find some clutch transfers or just have them made up via a 3rd party company which a couple of friends have recommended. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Anyway thanks again and ALWAYS feel free to point stuff out that can look better especially when I'm in the early stages of finishing a unit. Its super helpful!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #965 on: December 4, 2016, 01:38:07 PM »
I really like the bone white heraldry that you've put on there but tbh I don't know how well it'll match up with the rest of your colour scheme. Would be interesting to see a test of it.
The green doesn't really work for more since it was only after the heresy they adopted the green.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #966 on: December 4, 2016, 02:45:11 PM »
Totally agree with you AP. I should have mentioned.... I was just using those images as reference for the actual designs not the colors. Yeah that'd look hideous! I'd actually rock red and white most likely.

Just for everybody else I'm not using those colors above! I know they'd look hideous!

;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the input though bud. I'd be a horrible mistake if I did employ those colors!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #967 on: December 6, 2016, 09:15:10 AM »
I really like some of those designs Cav. I think the swords are a must, and the top, crossed sword design is really cool. I wouldn't use the lion's head on that design, but that's just me.

As for colours, I think some mix of black, white and red would be best, as it will just tie all the elements of the mini together.

Can, just trust your gut. You always pick a really good colour palette with a good balance of colours, so I have no doubt that you'll do the same here!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #968 on: December 10, 2016, 12:53:38 PM »
@Loosh- Thanks man... still hemming and hawing. Been looking at various companys who do custom transfers and think I may go that route... tough to say though. The transfers always have the transfer look to them and with it front and center on the shield I may not like it. As you can see I'm still struggling to make a decision and probably will for quite awhile. Hmmm gotta keep thinking.

@Everyone- So guys! Work continues to rumble down the road on my Deathwing unit... finished the 3rd guy and I'm super happy with him. The hammer came out way nicer than the other 2 so happy to have gotten a better handle on painting the orange. Also did the transfers on them too as pictured and I think they look real good!

Also with the release of the Traitor Legions book I'm shelving the Necrons and going back to Chaos! Going World Eaters all the way... the bone guys are the shooty guys while the close-combat dudes will be painted in classic Berserker colors... I've got 20 guys with 18 totally finished. A hellbrute and 10 Bloodletters round out the collection. Got a very good idea what direction I'm gonna take them so look for this army to develop alongside the Dark Angels. As you can see they do look cool clashing on the table! Some of the paint jobs are a bit old, but I'll spruce them up as I go along.

Here is one of 2 remaining guys I'm in the process of finishing...

Finally almost done with the Emperor's Children commission. 5 guys left to paint and they are done. Very happy with how they've come out.

So thats it for now guys. Hopefully I'll be able to get a game in and I'll bat-rep it for you. As always stay tuned theres a lot more to come in the future... like the Terminators transport! What will it be!?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 12:59:40 PM by Cavalier »

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #969 on: December 11, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »
Wow, great update Cav!
Those Terminators are looking so good! The world eaters new rules are really fluffy and looking pretty strong! Did you have those guys painted up before or have you just done them?
On the subject of transfers, I've seen some done by fallout hobbies and they did a really good job, I was actually considering picking some up for my Raven Guard instead of buying the forge world ones.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #970 on: December 11, 2016, 04:22:36 PM »
Great update Cav. Those Dark Angels are looking brilliant and whoever is getting that Emperor's Children commission is going to be incredibly happy.

Looking forward to seeing your take on Chaos, we've only really seen 'clean' colour schemes on your Eldar and Marines, so I'm excited to see what you have in store!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #971 on: December 12, 2016, 06:54:13 AM »
@Auric- Hey bud thanks for the kind words as always. Yes! The World Eaters are for real... so stoked to see an assault army look so damn strong in this edition considering the blistering firepower out there. Also... yep the first 2 pics of those Chaos Marines are quite old... probably painted them sometime back in 2011-2012 something like that... but the last pic is the newest guy. Its a little bit of a challenge because the WIP guy is based with Zendri Dust, while the other guys were done in some Army Painter Bone primer... but I don't want to work with that stuff due to humidity issues down here (Army Painter doesnt do well down here in the south). So I had to work him up to a paler, brighter bone but I like the way it came out.

Also YES! Fallout hobbies I've been on their website multiple times as of late and I will probably go down that route. I'm gonna try some more classic knightly heraldry (on paper not on the shields) before I commit cause it is kind of expensive and I'm not sure I want those transfers front and center on the shields.... Still so torn. Anyway thanks man I'm glad you dig!

@Loosh- Thanks bud. Super glad you like all the new dudes. I've got really exciting plans for both the Chaos army and Dark Angels. They'll be a little bit of cross over in army design particularly in Transport department but it'll be a very competitive choice that I don't think I've ever seen in any bat-rep but its just been sitting there begging for use, particularly with assault armies. Anyway thanks man can't wait to get these armies rolling!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #972 on: December 16, 2016, 03:59:07 PM »
Hey guys back with another bat-rep. The first full fledged bat-rep from the table my brother and I made over the summer! So in this game I played against my buddy Mike and his Imperial Guard. Lets get into it!

The Terrain

The Lists

Eldar 1850

Autarch- Bike, Soulshrive, Banshee Mask
Spirit Seer- Hammer Hand, Cleansing Flame
Wraithblades x5- Axes + Shields
Windriders x3- Scatter Lasers x3
Windriders x3- Scatter Lasers x3
Hornets x2- Pulse Lasers x4
Wraithlord- Ghost Glaive, Flamers x2, Scatter Laser
-Aspect Host-
Scorpions x10- Exarch, Claw
Scorpions x10- Exarch, Claw
Shining Spear x4- Exarch, Lance
-Aspect Host-
Swooping Hawks x6- Exarch, Power Sword
Warp Spiders x5- Exarch
Fire Dragons x6- Exarch, Pike

Imperial Guard 1850
Knight Commander Pask- Executioner- Sponson Plasma Cannons, Lascannon
Punisher- Sponson Heavy Bolters, Lascannon
Punisher- Sponson Heavy Bolters, Lascannon
Platoon Command
Priest+ Platoon x60- Lascannons x3
Valkyrie- Missile Pods x2
Veterans x10- Plasma x2
Veterans x10- Melta x3
Basilisk
Eradicator
Leman Russ- No upgrades

Deployment+Mission: Mike one the roll to go first, and we were playing Purge the Alien so simple enough on that front. He deployed 1 Leman Russ all the way in the left hand corner, Pask and his buddies in the center and his platoon, 1 unit of Veterans, the Basilisk and the Eradicator in the ruins on the right.

For my part, I deployed the Fire Dragons in their Serpent in the center and out of LOS, the Spiders on the extreme left out of LOS, the Wraithblades and Wraithlord on the extreme right (as far away as possible from the 24" wheelhouse of Pask and his boys) with the Scorpions infiltrated danger close to the Eradicator and the 60 man platoon... but thankfully out of LOS. They were gonna have to move very close to the Wraithlord and Wraithblades if they wanted to flush them out. If you look in the bottom left hand corner of the last picture below... you can perhaps just barely make out the presence of the Scorpions via the white teeth of their chainswords  ;D

Turn 1

Imperial Guard- So with most of my stuff in reserves and out of LOS his target choices were simple... shoot what you can see! The only obvious targets being the Wraithblades. He unloaded the Basilisk, the Eradicator and as many platoon Infantry as could make range (Forward for the Emperor helping out) but only killed 2 of the Wraithblades after some bad scatters. He then charged forward Pask and his wing-men right into the center of the table... clearly within range of the Fire Dragons! This is the third time he's done something like this, 2 times with his Imperial Knight and now with Pask and I don't know how many hundreds of points worth of Leman Russ goodness. I don't get it! Nerves, just not pay attention? I made sure to point it out a couple of times before hand but... oh well.

Eldar- So to begin with I just did a tiny bit of shuffling with the Scorpions to keep them out of LOS, waiting for that 2nd turn charge which was certainly going to happen against the Platoon in the ruins. I moved and ran my Wraithblades and Wraithlord up shifting out of LOS of the Eradicator. Then I moved my Dragons in their Serpent forward and blow up 2 of Pasks buddies and inflicating a hull point on the Knight-Commander himself. Meanwhile the Spiders jumped right in the face of the Leman Russ in the extreme left flank preparing to dance around him and eventually get rear armor. They were right the edge of the board to help force those blast markers scattering away.

Turn 2

Imperial Guard- So reeling from the loss of Pask, the Guard try and re-assemble their lines and push back against the Wraithblades and Wraithlord who are closing in fast... yet instead of falling back and relying on the range, he advances the Platoon and tries to get into rapid fire range. Certainly a big mistake IMO as he's guaranteed the Wraithlord and Scorpions will make contact even if he miraculously manages to kill all the Wraithblades. Unsuprisingly the lasguns prove ineffective and the Wraithblades go unharmed. The Eradicator can't see anything, the Basilisk scatters wildly, as does the Leman Russ on the extreme left flank who fires all the way across the field at the Wraithlord. Man scatter dice are so brutal! I wish it would go back to 2nd edition style where you only use the scatter dice if you fail to hit using normal direct fire roll. However Pask avenges his battle-bros and wipes out the Fire Dragons. The Chimera with Veterans lets off some fire at the Wave Serpent but casues no damage. I feel bad for my opponent because I can already see the writing on the wall.

Eldar- Long story short all my reserves come in! The assault units all move up within 1 inch while the Shining Spears tuck in behind them out of LOS behind a ruin. The Hornets outflank right next to the Basilisk, while I roll poorly for the 2nd unit of Scorpions (their debut!) and they show up on the extreme left flank next to that lone Leman Russ! Shooting commences and I blow up the Basilisk quite easily killing some Guardsmen. A unit of laser bikes and the Hawks harass the fearless Platoon (targetting their left flank as not to increase the charge distance for my Scorpions and Ghost Warriors). While the other laser bikes shoot up a Chimera blowing it up while simultaneously positioning themselves to to get rear armor on Pask a turn later, while the 2nd unit of Scorpions inflict 2 hull points on the Leman Russ shooting his rear armor! Then the assault phase begins all the way on the left flank. I then charge forward and kill an ungodly amount of Infantry in the platoon (including the Priest)... yet I killed so many they are out of range of counter-attacking even after their pile in move! On top of that they break leadership manage to escape my sweeping advance! Crap! At least they are snap firing but that was a minor disaster! Perhaps I over did it?

Turn 3

Imperial Guard- So the Valkyrie shows up and unloads into the Scorpions killing a number of them. The Platoon again targets the Wraithblades and do nothing. Pask unloads into the Shining Spears killing all but the Exarch and the Autarch. The Leman Russ tries to shoot the Scorpions who shot him up with pistols the turn previous but the shot scatters of the table. The Eradicator then shoots into the Hornets but only inflicts a single hull point. Not a strong counter-punch by the Guard however my Eldar are now out in the open and vulnerable to what firepower remains.

Eldar- The Wind Riders target the left flank of the Platoon which has rallied and they cause them to break and run off the board! Damn! I wanted my Autarch to make contact and power up his Soulshrive! Oh well... The Spiders tag up the Leman Russ they and the Scorpions have been harassing but fail to do any damage. Then in the Assault Phase the Wraithblades get bogged down in cover, while the Wraithlord, the Autarch and Shining Spears Exarch all charge forward to target the Eradicator which they destroy in combat. The Scorpions then go after the Platoon Command Squad wiping them out, while the second unit of Scorpions assault the left flank Leman Russ and destroy it. Way to go new Scorpions! The Eldar are on an assault rampage!

Turn 4

Imperial Guard- Pask is amazingly still alive and he blasts the Swooping Hawks back to the Webway with an insane volley of accurate firepower. The Valkrie touches down dropping off a unit of Veterans in the ruins who go after the Wraithlord but only inflict a single wound. The Valkrie targets a unit of Windriders but they pass all their saves. Another tough turn for the Guard..

Eldar- The Eldar swoop in for the kill... the Autarch, Shining Spear Exarch and Wraithblades converge on the Veterans... the Autarch whiffs (damn it!) but Exarch and Wraithblades finish them off. The Wind Riders then blast up Pask stripping his last 2 hull points. Meanwhile the Wraithlord charges into the Valkrie tearing the hovering flyer out of the sky. With only 3 Veterans (the guys who got out of the exploded Chimera) left we decide to call the game. 

Post-Game Thoughts- This was a very fun game despite being so one-sided. It was big mistake to move those Leman Russ' right in front of the Fire Dragons turn 1. It sort of took the wind out of their sails and a good deal of the drama. I had limited anti-tank in this game but being able to take out most of his armor turn 1 really negated that challenge. Mike is a fantastic guy and wins a lot of games, but for some reason he seems to always charge a very important mech. unit right in front of those Fire Dragons in our games, its crazy! Oh well at least we had a fun time and a lot of laughs. It was great fun to get all my assault units into combat as well.

I hope you guys like the pics... the lighting was pretty dramatic. Anyway guys hope you enjoyed the bat-rep and I'll be back soon with some more hobby progress. Take care guys and talk soon!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 04:04:42 PM by Cavalier »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #973 on: December 16, 2016, 04:36:20 PM »
I feel that Mike really needs to play Orks or World Eaters or even Khorne Daemons, as he seems to love mad charges towards your army :D!

On a more serious note, it was a really enjoyable report to read and an exciting game.  I think that your opponent just needs to work more on his target priority and when to attack, because the games would be closer if he did.  I can't work out why he expended so much fire power on your Wraithblades.  Yes, they are dangerous, but they are not as mobile as other Eldar units, and he really needed to cut down your jump infantry and Striking Scorpions.  They caused a lot of problems and yet he didn't seem to target them enough.  If he wanted to make use of rapid fire, falling back and then rapid firing into your approaching assault units would have been much more effective than trying to target the Wraithblades.

You played well though and deserved your victory.  Perhaps there was a bit too much ganging up on the Priest's unit, but it didn't matter, and it was critical to ensure that they were punished for coming too close to your advancing forces.

The pictures are fantastic once again and the light coming through the window made is seem as though the sun was rising over the battlefield as the game was starting, which was a great touch.

Thanks for the report :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #974 on: December 17, 2016, 01:56:21 AM »
Great report Cav!
Got to be honest I am very much confused over why he decided to charge the Russes forwards  :o
Even if he wasn't in range/line of sight with them it'd be better to either stay put or just to adjust your deployment rather than advancing.
Seems like you did a great job though, I really like the build of your army in this game, nothing ridiculously overpowered but you really know how to use units like the Scorpions/Wraiths and you make them effective.
Great reading :)

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #975 on: December 17, 2016, 04:48:02 AM »
Great report Cav. I love seeing 2 great armies go toe to toe on your board.

I was going to ask what Irisado did...shouldn't Mike be playing a more fights army? Oaks or Nids or some such?? Or did he used to play one of those forces and has since struggled to adapt?

Anyway, great stuff as always. Keep those updates coming!!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #976 on: December 17, 2016, 08:02:35 AM »
@Irisado- I know its crazy! He has some kind of magnetic attraction to my Fire Dragons. They are beautiful models so I guess its understandable  :P Just kidding. But yeah... I don't know why he was so focused on the Wraithblades. Especially considering how the Scorpions have absolutely eviscerated his army almost every time we play... the 750pts league game being the prime example.

One note on the big assault against the Platoon and another curious decision... I was actually expecting to get stuck in for the majority of the game because the Priest makes them fearless ... yet he had the Priest challenge the Wraithlord! I couldn't believe that. He could have tied up that unit for the entire game as they'd be fearless... but he risked everything to get a single Smite! wound on the Wraithlord. I just didn't get it.

I think what may be happening is that there are not a lot of Eldar players around here... and so that feeling out process where you can sort of mess around turn 1/turn 2 and get a feel for things just doesnt happen against Eldar especially my army. I have to strike swift and hard in turns 1 and 2 as I don't have the staying power to win long games of attrition. So he makes a couple of bad mistakes turn 1 and everything just snowballs, especially turn 2 when my reserves show up and deal that second deadly blow.

It was still a fun time, but I do wish these games had more tension. It stinks when the drama is taken out turn 1. Anyway thanks Irisado as always I truly appreciate your input. Thanks!

@Auric's Pride- Hey AP. Yes I totally agree with you... I would have shifted those tanks away from the Dragons and even tried to bubble wrap them in the platoon. My bigggest critque of his play, would be "Castle Up!" my brother set-up the terrain for us and I wanted him to have the ruins and whatnot. If he'd have castled up his whole army would be operating as one... with a 60 man platoon bubble wrapped around Pask and his wingmen it would have taken me 3+ turns to cut through all that to get those melta shots off. Meanwhile the Leman Russ, Eradicator and Basilisk could have been bombarding me from range. The biggest mistake I see Imperial Guard players make is stringing out there forces along their deployment zone. Castling up, layering your units is a huge part of having a winning IG force. They are made for Hammer and Anvil tactics... and with the Valkyrie with Melta Vets, a Chimera with Vets (and sometimes a Knight) you've got a perfect hammer to the big Platoon with Leman Russ' acting as the anvil.

When strung out like that its just so easy to go in and sort scalpel out the nasty units, then flush out the rank and file dudes afterwards.

Also thanks about your comments on my list! I really like this list too and I'm going to be playing it or a slight variation for the next handful of games. Anyway thanks as always AP. Always glad to read your thoughts. Thanks for taking the time bud!

@Looshkin- Thanks Loosh. Yeah Mike's army is so nice looking and he's a fantastic guy to boot. He's the perfect gaming bud, he's affable, likes to chat, loves the game, laughs a lot and never quits or get disheartened.

About his background... he's a died in the wool Imperial player. He also wins tons of games and plays more than anybody I know! He's hot off a multi-month campaign which he won quite handily so... I don't know. My buddy Chris (the guy with Soul Drinker and Dark Hunter bike armies) also wins a lot of games but whenever we throw down they seem to make these calamitous mistakes (like not jinking with Skilled Rider and getting mowed down by ridiculous amount of bladestorm rolls). Invariably they'll have a decent turn 3 or something but by then its too little, too late.

While I love these guys but it is a bit frustrating. I'm all amped up for a game but the game seems over by turn 2 very frequently.

Anyway thanks Loosh, I'll make sure to keep the updates coming. Thanks for taking the time to comment!

@Everybody- Alright guys well I've got a number of really exciting games coming down the pipe. The 2nd of January will feature a game with one of our very own forum members and this game will not be a walk in the park! Trust me! Its gonna be a grudge match of vicious dimensions so stay tuned you will not want to miss it. The fluff will be strong with this one! Also I'll probably get a game in with my brother as well and that will be very tough I'm sure with his nasty as hell IG list. Alright guys I'm gonna get some good hobbying in this weekend and I'll make sure to share. Until then take care guys and enjoy this pic of the finished Emperor's Children! Talk soon!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #977 on: December 20, 2016, 01:36:07 AM »
Ok, that's it! I'm gonna start spraying my armies olive drab like the old army men when I was a kid. I just still get blown away by your paint jobs while my shaky hands just won't let me do it hardly anymore :o. So take this as a compliment, I'm jealous. You have to stop doing this good and you need to use boxes and soda cans for your buildings and an old table cloth for your table, enough of the great looking terRian, hahahah! 8) also put up some fuzzy pics so we can't see how nice everything looks. ;) ;) ;)
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #978 on: December 20, 2016, 06:43:42 AM »
Hey bud, thanks man. Like I said in my post your thread, I'm very sorry to hear about your hands bro. Like I mentioned perhaps a minimalist airbrush approach would help you... anyway I wont repeat what I typed there but I am sorry you can't get your hobby in the way you want to.

Also I'll make sure to take tons of crappy photos when my special guest from our very own forums stops by in early january. Just kidding.... it should be a visual feast! So stay tuned my friend.

Anyway bro hope you have a fantastic Christmas my friend. Talk soon :)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #979 on: December 22, 2016, 02:26:07 PM »
Hey gang back again with a mini-update. After finishing the Emperor's Children project I'm moving on to Ad. Mech with a very cool scheme. Just a simple tabletop-plus paint job with no basing (weird I know) but I think they look cool. Check em out!

Also! I finally decided on the markings I wanted on my Deathwing Shields. A lot less ornate than what I planned previously but considering the difficulty of getting transfers to look good going over an angled corner and just trying to mask the look of transfers, I decided to go with something far simpler as I usually do and I really like it. Whats cool about it is that I can add to it down the road when more Crusade era Dark Angels iconography is revealed in the Heresy Books. Not too flashy but I think it looks pretty striking and I'm very happy with it.

Also! I bit the bullet and orderd some Khorne Berserkers! I want to try and put together my Dark Angels and Chaos forces at an equal pace and try and get a 1000pt army together in the next 3-4 months. Wish me luck!

Anyway guys hope you like the pics. I also hope you all have a fantastic Christmas! Take care guys and stay tuned!