News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 500 pts fanatic list need some help plz  (Read 462 times)

Offline jonathan12

• Sybarite
500 pts fanatic list need some help plz
« on: October 22, 2006, 06:21:07 PM »
soon there is a tournament in Holland (zwolle)
the scenario is : omega
and you only may have 1 heavy or 1 elites or 1 fast attack  and you may have as many troop choices you want

you must have 1HQ and at least 1 troop choice

it is a team tournament
and both player have max. 500pts to field

i play with a friend of my
and i started to make a list and this is my current one:

12 firewarriors + team leader = 130pts
13 kroot + shaper =119pts
1  shas'el + burst cannon + missile pod + multitracker=175pts
1 hammerhead + railgun + burstcannon + multitracker + decoy launchers =175pts

total = 499pts

the squads i think is best to make them as large as possible because if they are underhalve strenght the squad doesn't count for victory points anymore

the hammerhead starts in reserve since it is not infantry and omega is only 4 turn so i can shoot 3 times with it if i am lucky but the point is i have 175 Pt's for victory purposes, still i am not shore if i must take him.

the kroot are cheap but i am not very shure if i must take them because they will probably will run away or die easily but the good side is that they can infiltrate :)

so you can infiltrate in another table quarter which is a use advantage

however, i am not shore this will be a good list so can someone give me tips or better ideas plz :)
-drones own-

Offline TaUhOrDe

Re: 500 pts fanatic list need some help plz
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 06:41:14 PM »
i think it would be better to take off the 13 kroot and to use another squad of 11 fire warriors with a team leader and i mean the hammerhead i think might be a good choice because he will come out late and is worth alot of points so at most they will have 3 turns to shoot at him. So he could give u alot of VP as long as you remember to move 12 inches so that they can only glance then pray for the best
Tau - 4000pts
Grey Knights - 2000pts
*new* Kroot - 2000pts