News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Deal! Accept or not?  (Read 451 times)

Offline virus646

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Deal! Accept or not?
« on: April 12, 2006, 05:15:25 PM »
Hi all,

right now, in my small tau army i got:

Aun Shi
36 FW
1 Hammerhead
12 Kroot
4 Crisis
18 Drone

But i got a friend at school that have some of a great deal for me, he give me his army (not primed and some thing not even glued) for around
200-220$CAN, here what he give me:

6 Crisis
1 Hammerhead
3 FW squad
12 Kroot
3 Pathfinder with railrifle
Aun Shi ( oh no!not another one)<
2 Broadside
6 Stealth

So i ask, will you accept such a great deal even if i will not use some things?Extra things are always cool. I think yes but i ask your opinion before buying because 200$ CAN is all i got.

Thanks for your help.

Offline W. Gregory Klett

• The Dead don't walk with no kneecaps!
Re: Deal! Accept or not?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 06:57:26 PM »
That would be less than half price, and no taxes, compared to buying them yourself.

A good deal for the money, BUT! Do you need that money for bills, rent, food? If so decline, they may still be there in a month when you CAN afford the money.

Offline virus646

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 07:16:22 PM »
Well, i'm still young, no need to pay my food. I got all that money selling some space and work.

Offline Ares

• Non can withstand my wrath!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 07:49:02 PM »
That is a great deal, although when you look at it, thats still a lot of money.  Maybe just buy a few things off of him cheaper than at the stores, like the Broadsides or something.

Armies- W/L/D
Tau (2000 pt under construction: assembling & painting) 1/2/1
Space Marines 1800 Points: Dark Angels (under constructions: finish painting) 6/2/2

Madefactaque sanguine radix purpureo tingit pendentia mora colore.
The root soaked with blood tinges the hanging fruit with a purple color.
-Cicero

Offline Pi'Cov

• just me
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 02:39:58 AM »
First choose the things you want and are able to use and calculate the shop price for those units. If the total of this is less then the 200 $CAN than rethink it I would say, because you can see it as throwing part of it away...if it is more than the 200$CAN then do it, because if you would buy it in a shop (which you otherwise would since these are the units you would like to have) you have to pay even more money.

(You could even try to sell the things of the list you don't need to make a bit more profit  ;D)