News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Need Some List Advice  (Read 508 times)

Offline lord_guru32

• Life is but a gateway to eternity
Need Some List Advice
« on: November 17, 2005, 06:07:08 PM »
ok, im lending a friend my list and it needs to be ready for Friday/Saturday, problem is i cant get it to the 1500 point mark and need some help. Heres what ive done so far (many upgrades on some things to fill points, some points may be wrong due to my lost codex)

HQ: Etheral. 50pts
Elites: 2 crisis suits with plasma, missile, multi.130pts   
Elites: 2 crisis suits with plasma, missile, multi.130pts
Troops: 12 Fire warriors (all with rifles, 1 Shas’Ui, bonded). 140pts
Troops: 12 Fire warriors (all with rifles, 1 Shas’Ui, bonded). 140pts
Troops: 20 Kroot. 140pts
Fast Attack: 8 Gun Drones. 96pts
Heavy Support: Broadside with tl plasma and multi. 95pts
Heavy Support: Broadside with tl plasma and multi. 95pts
Heavy Support: Hammerhead with Railgun, SMS, multi and decoy launchers. 175pts

Should be 1191 Points or so atm, and i dont know what to add. I have one fish and around 3 stealths i could add but i really doubt that would bring me up to 1500 and i wont be able to get to a games workshop to buy more so please guys help me.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with countless aeons even death may die"

Ninja Kirby (>'')>* * * *

Offline Blood Hawk

• Armies: Stuff
Re: Need Some List Advice
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 10:47:11 AM »
Well you could upgrade one of your crisis sutis to shasl'o and make some other crisis suits his bodyguard and give the kroot a shaper.  You could add in your steaths and devilfish.  You could also add in seeker missles and give your steath team and firewarriors makerlights and a HW target lock.

Offline lord_guru32

• Life is but a gateway to eternity
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 01:48:51 PM »
and how about making 4 small firewarrior squads and 2 small kroot squads? then i could pay for more upgrades and waste more pints :D i better make my mind up, hes getting the units first thing tomorrow
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with countless aeons even death may die"

Ninja Kirby (>'')>* * * *

Offline ::ËternaĺŇovice::

• A Hippies Version of Exterminatus
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 01:58:52 PM »
Simple, get another full Fire Warrior squad, and get a group of Stealth Suits. If you have even more points left over, which I don't think you should, perhaps a Devilfish for one of your Fire Warriors would be good. Or another HQ, like a Shas'El Commander.

I started playing Tau three years ago, and now I'm dating a supermodel. Coincidence? I think not.

Current Projects: Slow Process of Ordering Warmachine Models. 0% Done.

I'm the Self Proclaimed Greatest Noob on 40konline!

Offline Fishy

• Used Skyray Salesman
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • 'Shoot coward, you are only going to kill a man.'
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2005, 02:10:17 PM »

Hopefully this short post will be of some use to you....

Add the Fish certsinly, adds lots of tactical options and more models should always be the preferred option in this scenario over possibly-less-useful upgrades. Infact, while you're there just add the stealths too, they're great! Good distraction and whittle down squads as well.

Although Im not usually a fan of bonding, espwically with an ethereal present, keep it if it fills the points. Remember you can add more wounds to that kroot squad in the form of a Shaper, and if youre still low then make one of your Elite suits into a 2nd HQ choice.
Fish

The Tau Empire needs you to write articles for its Project now! Want to know more? Just ask!