News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Get back in the tank girls... the shows over  (Read 1937 times)

Offline badlybuilt

• Armies: Sisters of Battle
Get back in the tank girls... the shows over
« on: September 3, 2012, 11:58:24 PM »
I have been play testing with footslogging Sisters lists.... with very little success. I am finding I am getting picked apart by most armies, can't quite get those no-mans-land objectives and my rate of shooting is about the same as with a mech list. Aside from the KP mission which is a disaster with 10 rhinos on the board, is there a real downside to running rhino/immo spam that anyone has found?
Quote from: Hymirl
Cross dressing space marines? Not a fan.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Re: Get back in the tank girls... the shows over
« Reply #1 on: September 4, 2012, 06:17:05 PM »
Where you using big mob units or just the ten strong squads but without transport?

To be honest I'm not convinced that transports are dead, they're still great to get units into position it's just they wont last long after that. Unlike IG gunlines the girls dont bother trying to fight from inside anyway.

As an aside have you considered using allies much? A couple of combat units to help support advancing might be useful. I admit I've not even tried writing an army list yet to see what might work.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Prophecy

« Reply #2 on: September 4, 2012, 08:27:38 PM »
You really need at least 15 and probably 20 girls when slogging man. I told you to try that out but you seem content with a 10 man unit and that just isn't going to work.

Offline badlybuilt

« Reply #3 on: September 4, 2012, 11:28:57 PM »
I have not tried allies yet due to $$ issues, also I really don't like the idea of allies. Regarding the larger squads, I used to try that with my necrons and they got run over from failed LD most of the time. I will try it next game I play but it is hard to swallow losing 200+ points from 4 wounds in combat from a garbage squad. I have also been running HB rets ( yes I know Prophecy =p ), have been finding that more troops are better than a small squad. My last thought would be running a full battle conclave with all crusaders with power axes with Jacobus attached.

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #4 on: September 5, 2012, 02:54:42 AM »
I will try it next game I play but it is hard to swallow losing 200+ points from 4 wounds in combat from a garbage squad.

Note that both Canoness and Confessors are stubborn,  and Kyrinov (who I think is tailor-made for footslogging sisters) gives you area effect fearless. Now there's no downside to fearless, the thought of having to chop through 20 unbreakable, power-armoured wounds will give assault squads serious headaches.
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #5 on: September 5, 2012, 06:10:14 AM »
Yes, you can't simply get rid of transports as the only change. It's a very different play style that requires a radically different build and tactics.

As mentioned, using characters gives units the staying power they need to avoid being flattened in combat. It's a different tactic to small mobile units which generally benefit from celestine's combat tank more than support of fearless or stubborn HQ units.

I think try harder before you give up! ;)
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #6 on: September 6, 2012, 02:28:05 AM »
To be fair, I think celestine is still a good buy even for footsloggers - you need something to counterpunch enemy assault units, and she's the best the adepta has - plus she still makes the unit fearless. You don't have to attach her to a seraphim unit if you don't want to, after all; she could just as easily lead a celestian squad for much close-assault beatingness.
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Prophecy

« Reply #7 on: September 7, 2012, 11:37:03 PM »
She could but I prefer fearless with hit and run myself.

Offline badlybuilt

« Reply #8 on: September 8, 2012, 09:44:12 PM »
I am truthfully having a tough time putting Celestine in my list lately, I have been hyped about her for a long long time. But just recently her lack of damage output makes me a sad panda. She is more or less of a 2+/4++ fearless beatstick now, and in single FOC I would usually take my cowardly Jacobus and spend those points on another squad. I am not sure if I have ever said it outloud but I have been thinking of adding Celestine to the Crusader/ Jacobus squad , it would be a bit pricey but she would add alot of dmg mitigation to the front of that squad. Maybe I will proxy it next game I play , possibly cram them ( celestine/jacobus + 7 crusaders ) in a rhino and clog up someones assault push.