News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Nids vs. Daemons  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Hive Fleet Bahamut

• I like to play with my food before I eat it!
Nids vs. Daemons
« on: April 21, 2013, 11:24:40 PM »
Hey everyone.  Although our codex in my eyes is now shooty with melee support, I think that is only better for us this edition.  Unfortunate that our cc units need some love but at least we can still function. This being said the units that we have access to are limited and if not for my love of biomancy army wide I could see Nids getting old.

I have been playing against GK and (Khorne) Daemons lately.  I have a pretty good handle on the knights now, but those Thirsters just overwhelm everything. Generally he will run:

2 Bloodthirsters with reward
Soul Grinder with torrent
20 Bloodletters
Khorne Cannon

My new list is:
285 Flying Devilrant with Old Adversary
160 12 Devilgants in Mycetic Spore
185 Tervigon with Toxin Sacs, Catalyst
150 3 Hive Guard
220 3 Zoanthropes in Mycetic Spore

I have many models to choose from, any comments or Intel appreciated.

Post Merge: April 22, 2013, 01:24:14 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Sorry for the double post but it is relative to my point.  Our game is already over (Bottom of 3 about 30 minutes including deployment.)We rolled Relic and Hammer and Anvil.  I got Move through Cover for and Enfeeble, Warp Speed on my Warlord.  My one Zoey also switched out for and got Enfeeble.

I absolutely love the Enfeeble/Warp Lance Combo for MC!  Although they didn't instagib either Thirster this game it had splattered a dreadknight just a few hours earlier.  Needless to say I got wiped but managed to take out a Thirster much quicker with zoeys and guard and Flyrant vs just two Flyrants. 
I hate watching our entire codex get decapitated (literally the rule, just think implant attack.). Nice to watch 500 points clean sweep my bugs every game.. 

Am I the only idiot that loves Tyranids right now?  Oh what a spot I'm in..  Nids and Elder are both my armies and both in pretty poor shape.  I actually just retired my Eldar because they haven't made it past turn 3 this edition.

There has to be an answer, I know I'm close..  Frusterating
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:24:14 AM by Hive Fleet Bahamut »
Tyranid assimilation brought to you by the letters "Om nom"

Offline devil58

• cool guys don't look at explosions
Re: Nids vs. Daemons
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:49:32 PM »
I'm having a lot of fun with nids in 6th...I think we got a boost with rules such as hull points, rulebook psychic powers, new MC buffs, flying MC's, no more fearless wounds...the list goes on. While I think the codex itself needs updating (too many useless options and overpriced units), I have still been able to have moderate success with a couple of different list styles.

I have only played against daemons once since their new book hit shelves. I got wiped by a particularly nasty army with bloodcrushers, bloodthirster, fateweaver, flamers, screamers, etc just before they all got hit with the need bat. But bloodthirsters can be deadly, yes, and you never really want to get into a challenge with them because they are good at beating our MC's one-on-one. Poisoned gaunts and gargs should work well in large numbers once you get him on the ground.

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 02:16:25 AM »
Played against daemons again, he used the same list and I ran:
285 Flying Devilrant w Old Adversary
220 3x Zoanthropes w Mycetic Spore
150 11 Devilgants w Mycetic Spore
185 Tervigon w Toxin Sacs, Catalyst
150 3 Hive Guard

Much better results.  Only the one Thirster and a couple scattered Blood letters this time.  MVP to Mycetic Spore for injuring the Warlord Thirster with its tentacles (everyone seems to forget about them.)

I love this edition as well.  I'm nuts about the psychic powers (I play Nids and Elder..) Although no Divination on my Tyranids.. (I could see cheese covered twin-linked Devilgants or MAYBE the Tyranno gets some decent accuracy?). If I get Endurance or Enfeeble happy game.  Does Iron Arm make our T9 Eternal Warrior Flyrant the hardest to kill FMC?  I know Fateweaver can be 2++ reroll 1's but lower than average MC T you can still burn to las gun fire and a nice S10 right to the kisser and lights out. With T9 even the typical anti air being S7 that is only wounding on 6s. 

Three times now Doom has been at max wounds..  Usually trying for iron arm and preferring Smite over Catalyst anyways.  I hate stuff that wounds me to use.. That d3 is bad news if you ask me.

I am rushing to catch up ALL my painting (neglected for too long,) to prepare for some bat reps and it is exciting hearing we have a codex in the horizon?!

Offline Gunner_Sabot_Tank

• Armies: IG, GK, Tyranids, Blood Angels
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:04:13 PM »

I am rushing to catch up ALL my painting (neglected for too long,) to prepare for some bat reps and it is exciting hearing we have a codex in the horizon?!

Sorry for this being off the original topic, but where have you heard about nids getting a new codex? I haven't heard anything, although I admit I'm not the most well informed on upcoming codices. That being said a quick google search didn't turn up anything that wasn't from back when the current one came out.
Vincere Vel Mori

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 05:10:37 AM »
Apologies about that.  I just like to think with the trend of updating in sixth we are closer than further to getting a new codex.  Not at all am I saying I know anything.  Just an optimistic Tyranid fan. 

Offline devil58

• cool guys don't look at explosions
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 08:22:25 PM »
All the rumors I have read are pointing to early next year for a new codex. Seemed pretty quick to me, but GW has been releasing codexes at a fairly rapid pace since 6th hit. Eldar likely in June, space marines later this year, and then (fingers crossed) nids...