News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Blue Scribes  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Gal'rgae Neverborne

• Armies: Eldar, Deathwing, Daemons
Blue Scribes
« on: May 15, 2019, 06:49:21 PM »
Via a qerk, the blue scribes seem to have a way of manifesting a power that has already been attempted (and manifested) in the psychic phase.

RAW, states that a psykers cannot "attempt" a power that has already been "attempted" in the psychic phase, Blue scribes "automatically manifest" a random power, so by not "attempting" it would be exempt from the rule. - FAQ confirms this.

However,

Some of the powers state "add +1" or "add 1" use words like "may re-roll a single".

Which one's stack or don't stack. I've checked the FAQ's and there's nothing there qualifying this, and which powers could stack.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:52:03 PM by Gal'rgae Neverborne »

Offline Gal'rgae Neverborne

• Armies: Eldar, Deathwing, Daemons
Re: Blue Scribes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 06:44:51 AM »
You know in my 15 or so years of messaging on this board, I can't recall ever seeing a rules question go unanswered for more than a couple of days?

Do I win rule questions?

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 09:39:12 AM »
Well, there's the general rule that states no die can be re-rolled more than once. Beyond that, I think you can stack what powers you please so long as you don't violate that one.

Also: I haven't used the Blue Scribes since 5th edition and forgot they were even a thing until this post.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 01:16:36 PM »
Your question is answered here.  Second page, second question under FAQs.

As for stacking, it would come down to the wording of the power.  If it is something along the lines of "a unit affected by this power gains..." then I would say no.  But if it simply says they get x ability, then fire away... as long as it is something that can potentially stack.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...