News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chaos Bikes  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
Chaos Bikes
« on: January 8, 2018, 10:21:38 AM »
So i just purchased 3 used chaos bikes and plan on grabbing another 3 at least. I have never used bikers before and was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to run them. If their is a specific build I should be using for them or a specific strat that always seems to work.

Cheers, Brant
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: Chaos Bikes
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2018, 03:47:40 PM »
I don't use them myself, but I've commonly seen them used as a special-weapons delivery force. They're good at getting melta/plasma into range/double-tap pretty quick and are just durable enough to make the delivery.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: January 8, 2018, 04:26:24 PM »
In all honesty, I am not as much of a fan of Melta as I used to be.  On bikes, I think they are better off using either Plasma Guns or Flamers.  Melta is too unreliable in the amount of damage it can do, and to make it more reliable you have to put your bikes in close.

Overcharging plasma is better to bank on.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
« Reply #3 on: January 8, 2018, 11:32:23 PM »
Yeah I was thinking of just giving them some plasma, my friend plays deathwing and I was thinking of taking a larger squad to fight his but running a smaller unit with plasmas is probably the better option.
Ave Dominus Nox