News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fire Warriors vs Battlesuits  (Read 1652 times)

Offline DeadSeraphim

Fire Warriors vs Battlesuits
« on: July 15, 2002, 09:04:38 AM »
Just wondering the ratios of Battlesuits vs Fire Warriors others are using.   Right now I'm looking at 1.5 Firewarrior teams per Battlesuit team, but I'm thinking that may be a little low.  What's everyone elses experiences?

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
Re:Fire Warriors vs Battlesuits
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 09:41:58 AM »
i think that it would be a rotio of at least 3 fire worriors to 1 battlesuit
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Master Archon

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 01:54:53 PM »
What kind of Battlesuits? (Stealth, XV-88, or Crisis)  In the army that I am creating (topic 1000 point...)  I have a Crisis command Squad, Stealth Suit Squad, and an XV-88 Squad in a 1000 point army.  I have only 2 squads of Fire Warriors in the army.

Offline DeadSeraphim

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 03:27:12 PM »
Hmmm....

I was thinking of a 1500 point list containing a Hammerhead, 3 units of Firewarriors, 1 Crisis HQ squad, Farsight, and a unit of Broadsides.   The only thing is that even discounting Farsight as a unit, it seems light on the Firewarriors (3:2 ratio of Firewarriors to Battlesuits).

Of course, my experience is limited with playing Tau.  Maybe I should just trust my instincts on this and squeese in another Firewarrior unit anyway...

Offline Commander Ikari

• Show me a problem, not easily solved by a railgun!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2002, 04:38:22 PM »
"Trust your instincts you must do, young firewarrior."
I've fallen into the elite trap some time ago, I simply took to many aspect warrior squads, crisis teams, broadsides falcons etc. When i played at a tournament for the first time, I started to realize the great strenghts of troops. Troops are always deployed last in "real" games, and heavy support and hq goes first.
Maybe don't use all that many as i do....
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred and hatred leads to suffering."

Offline Shas'Vre'Shi

• For the greater good.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2002, 03:47:09 PM »
Fire warriors are much better than suits in numbers, but suits got the fat that they can kill lots of stronger stuff that a fire warrior could never even dream of glancing. So, above all, number is what i like, so, fire warriors. Since i play farsight, i will try to fill all my troop spots. Dont have 72 yet (gonna buy em one box at a time, imagine painting 72!), but im working on it. GL to you, and i hope you like my advice. 8) :D ;D
We, the farsight enclave are not the enemy of the other tau. The etherals call us traitors, but we still fight for the greater good. All tau are one race, despite birth place or aligience, hold no grudges, for we are all of common ancestry.

Offline Orlanth

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2002, 12:46:30 AM »
everything counts in large amounts, the doctrine holds well for Imperial guardsmen, so it must be doubly true for cheap long range S5 weapons.

Fire Warriors are lethal, yes lots of them miss and yes lots are resisted by marine armour. However you get the opportunity to take lots and the range means you can concentrate fire. Fire warriors can hurt T8 and Armour 11, something would have to give.
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, by the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Offline Belgarion85

• CHECK OUT MY HOMEPAGE!
    • My homepage!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2002, 12:24:27 PM »
I´m using 2 squads of them.
12 in each group. thinking about buying more...
I will have kroot carnivores to fill in on the HtH part.
They are needed
"A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next. There is nothing as wretched or as hated in all the world as a Traitor."