News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Arrival of Cadian Command #6  (Read 5033 times)

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: The Arrival of Cadian Command #6
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 09:12:47 PM »
Fantastic work CadianCommand#6! I'm loving the scenery and would love to know what you're using as the base board for your pieces. I've used mdf and foam board myself and I find the mdf tends to warp and I have a hard time getting the foam board to maintain rigidity.

Great use of the cork board. I don't know why I haven't thought of using any for scenery building. I must run out and grab some soon, if it looks as good as it does on your finished pieces.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 06:35:28 AM »
You Imperial Dog! You may have made all that new terrain, but it is the Eldar who will claim it by battles end! lol

Anyway great post bro, the army grows ever more legendary!

Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline CadianCommand#6

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Cadian Command #6 ELF BANE!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 06:24:43 PM »
Cavalier,
My sworn enemy, my own flesh and blood. I shall decimate your forces and drink toast after toast to the Emperor over your ashes!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAAAH!!!
-CC#6

Post Merge: November 30, 2015, 09:54:28 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Dog of War,
Thanks! The type of base I use is just cheap floor tile from Lowe's. I took that tip from Scorpion82 check out his terrain for some great inspiration and I believe he also has tutorial videos on the subject. The great thing about the tile is that if it becomes warped when exposed to room temperature heat it will settle! It works really well, the only problem I have had with it though is if you try and hot glue certain bent pieces that would naturally want to pull away from the tile it can leave a slight warp effect, which can be covered up easily by scattered gravel and or bushes. Anyways it works great, I hope that helps.
-CC#6
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:54:28 PM by CadianCommand#6 »

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #23 on: December 2, 2015, 06:00:15 AM »
Nice work in progress shots, I get a good idea on how you built up that unit layer by layer. Looks ace! I like the vibe they give, the dark uniforms with red details really make them look dangerous.
And that works even better in large groups: Wow, your army looks neat all lined up like that. But the most amazing thing in that previous post has to be that ruined hill. It looks simply amazing and breathtakingly jealous making. It looks so ungodly ace. I can't wait to see it painted.
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline CadianCommand#6

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #24 on: December 4, 2015, 01:45:40 PM »
Vonny
Thanks yeah the idea with the guard is just that to make them look bad, while I like the camo pattern some people do I think they need to be a little more edgy. About that my ruined hill thanks I appreciate it I have some really cool ideas for how I'm going to paint it. I'll keep you posted.
-CC#6