News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Are Shas'vre Bodyguards worth it?  (Read 2672 times)

Master Archon

Are Shas'vre Bodyguards worth it?
« on: July 26, 2002, 11:35:06 AM »
Is it worth it to take 2 Shas'vre bodyguards or to leave your commander as an independent Character?  I have been toying with the idea but I am not sure which one is more effective?

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
Re:Are Shas'vre Bodyguards worth it?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 01:14:08 PM »
Actually a Shas'o with Shas'vre assistants are the only even mediocre Heavy CC squads that the Tau has.

So It can be worth it.

*has been toying with the idea of equipping a Shas'o body guard with Plasmaguns/Flamers and using them as a shock squad*
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Master Archon

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2002, 04:49:10 PM »
Yeah I was thinking of taking a Shas'o w/Fusion Blaster, Flamer, Multi-tracker, Drone Controller +2 Gun Drones.  And maybe some Shas'vre with the same config. Flamer and Plasma Rifle.  That might work.

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2002, 04:53:02 PM »
I think that what they lack in numbers and initiative they make up in toughness and power.

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""

Master Archon

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2002, 12:46:06 AM »
Yeah I just fought against the Necrons and only 1 Shas'o w/ Fusion Blaster, Missile Pod, 2 Gun Drones, Multi-tracker took out a 10 man Necron squad on his own.  With a Flamer and 2 other partners with Flamers they could do some serious damage. ;D

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2002, 02:13:18 AM »
Yeah, against Necrons and Orks you don't really suffer from his puny I3(which is infact THE worst initiative ever seen on a HQ)

Master Archon

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2002, 11:54:49 AM »
Something like this might be effective:

Shas'o w/ Fusion Blaster, Flamer, Shield Generator, Target Lock, Drone Controller + 2 Gun Drones.     142
Shas'vre (2) w/ Twin-linked Plasma Rifles, Flamers, Multi-trackers.     150

That would form a good force that can fire some heavy firepower into the enemy before they charge with their 3 Flamers!  ;D

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2002, 02:50:29 PM »
I'd say shift that target-lock for a multitracker and add a couple of more gundrones. Hardwire the bodguards as well. Every extra piece of firepower counts. And Gundrones for 11p a piece(dronecontroller included) is just a bargain!

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2002, 03:35:15 PM »
i think that it if worth it having the bodygaurds.

;D
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Master Archon

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2002, 11:53:13 AM »
In a 1000 point battle though I do not want to go much over what I have already spent on an enormously large HQ  (292 points!) that will probably be killed by the end of the game.  

Offline Farseer Darkon

• MINDWAR
« Reply #10 on: August 2, 2002, 10:10:41 AM »
the body gaurd are well worth it, I woun't go with out.

mind are configure as follow:

Shas'o: fusion blaster, missile pod, shield generator, hw: multi-tacker, drone contoller plus 2 shield drones, target lock.

both vre: fusion blaster, missile pod, multi-tracker, hw: target lock

Master Archon

« Reply #11 on: August 2, 2002, 01:17:19 PM »
Yeah I have just put together the 3 Crisis suits and they look sweet!  I have this:

Shas'o w/ Fusion Blaster, Flamer, Shield Generator, Multi-tracker, and Drone Controller + 2 Gun Drones.
Shas'vre (2) w/ Twin-linked Plasma Rifles, Flamers, Multi-trackers.  

I love them and they look great!

Offline LoPaanRe

• World Domination - The Fun Way!
« Reply #12 on: August 9, 2002, 09:07:02 PM »
I have a shas'o with 2 body guards configured as so (and bonded):

shas'o - missle pod - plasma rifle - multi tracker - drone controller (hw) - target lock - shield drone (1)
shas'vre - missle pod - plasma rifle - multi tracker

They are used for longer range shooting than the ones posted above. I give them the long range stuff to keep them away from that pesky hth, but they seem pretty effective. The flamer/fusion blaster combo is pretty effective as well.