News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Green Vanguard: Unfinished Projekt Smackdown - EXTENDED!  (Read 10116 times)

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
Re: Green Vanguard: Unfinished Projekt Smackdown - EXTENDED!
« Reply #100 on: November 2, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
rljon, nice pics.  Blue Yoda and Gutz, thankx for all the comments.  I'll talk about them here: I have to admit, I am really torn between keeping this a Triceratops (which I think looks cool) and going for a full-blown Squiggoth (which will involve some major sculpting work).  It does look really toylike, though, doesn't it - so I think something should happen here.  I thought it might look better with a repaint - doing some sort of tiger-stripes along with a rust-orange scheme I thought would look pretty cool, but still not sure what's best yet.  The Howdah is really huge, but then again, it allows for a massive number of weapons AND 20 Orks.  That's what I've been working on lately, so you all deseve an updated look at this monstrosity of a scratchbuild.

Below, a pic of the massive gun housing I've been working on.  It is made of sprue, coffee stirrers, and spirograph pieces for gears.  The four Big Shootas count as Pintle-mounts and are attached with magnets.  This way, they can aim skyward - or even groundward.  You'll see in the following pics that these are positioned in all sorts of ways.

Another shot of the same:

This shot shows two Ork Gunners attached - each has his own TL Big Shoota.  Made almost totally of sprue and also includes some Konverted 2nd Ed Orks courtesy of Gutztikk!

A close up

The gun-housing from the back

Coming soon, some pics of the Squiggoth and also the new Gunz.  You gotta see it to believe it.

Boss Solorg
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #101 on: November 2, 2008, 02:22:04 PM »
Hah, that turret is really cool. Where did you get the  gears?

As to the squigoth itself, here is an 8 second drawing of what i was thinking.

« Last Edit: November 2, 2008, 02:26:31 PM by Blue Yoda »
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
« Reply #102 on: November 2, 2008, 03:08:15 PM »
Blue Yoda, thankx for the sketch.  The bony shield could come off and there could be a lower jaw added (for those Squiggoth Tusks).  I'd need an exacto knife and probably some Apoxie Sculpt.  To answer your Q, the gears came from an old game called Spirograph.  Well, I don't play Spirograph, but do play 40K!

As promised, some more pics of how this badboy looks.

The gun housing is mounted here.  This should intimidate the enemy!

An arial view to capture the whole thing in progress!  Orks are onboard.

Massive number of guns - 2 Supa Lobbas, 4 Pintle Mounted Big Shootas, 2 TL Big Shootas as required by the Apoc Book.

« Last Edit: November 2, 2008, 03:11:31 PM by Boss Solorg »
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #103 on: November 2, 2008, 03:11:24 PM »
HA, i am likeing how this is coming out, maybe a bit top heavy, but it still looks awsome!
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
« Reply #104 on: November 2, 2008, 03:14:28 PM »
Yeah, a bit top heavy for sure.  But there may be no going back now!  The Big Mek is crazy, I tell ya!

Let's see, a few more I found for you to enjoy:

The Boyz are along for the ride in the Howdah's carrier.

A rear shot.

A zoom on the holding area

Another ariel view

Squiggoth stomps into the distance