News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WAAGGHH: The Green Vanguard  (Read 31257 times)

Offline Piccolo

• Ninja'd you again.
Re: WAAGGHH: The Green Vanguard
« Reply #380 on: December 18, 2008, 02:01:47 PM »
This looks pretty interesting.  What's this Vanguard thing like?  Looks like lots of contests and such.  I see that I will need to wait for a new boss to get elected before I can join, but after that, should be interesting.  Can anybody join, or just Ork Players?  (I am an Ork Player).  I have to say, reading through this topic a bit (didn't read it all yet, but probably will) this is pretty off the wall and seems more interesting and interactive than just talking about the Orks.  Especially I liked the painting contest.  As far as I can see, OD from TV looks like a really involved person and I love his models, too.  So even though it looks like I can't vote, I am going to support him in my signature bar.  Don't get offended, everyone else, because I know all of you are probably really great guys also.  But what can I say?  After seeing OD's Ork Ambulance I just have to support a guy like that.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 02:03:04 PM by Piccolo »

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #381 on: December 18, 2008, 02:47:47 PM »
You can vote, you just have to cast it as Second Waaagh if not a current member. This is due to previous issues with the polling. Send a pm.

Once the dust is settled we can sort out where new members want to go.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #382 on: December 18, 2008, 04:11:49 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Piccolo.  I have a feeling after the dust settles that you'll be a welcome member of the Waaagh as well as one of the big contributors.  If you get a chance please make a post on Faces, it is after all how members of the Waaagh get to see the kind of minis that their fellow members have/are working on. 

And thanks to Raktra as well for wishing me luck on both my final and the election.  It was a tough final, I put it right in between cleaning out a Squiggoth cage and falling into a Sarlak pit.

I'm hoping that whoever the new Warboss is that we get some konversion kontests going soon.  One of the more interesting kontests that sadly fell flat was the Sneaky Gitz Kontest all about building the best possible Kommandos.  Well they also needed to be painted, but that's besides the point.

Peace
~OD

Post Script: you really liked the M.O.S.H.A.?  Thanks Piccolo.
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline TastyPavlova

« Reply #383 on: December 18, 2008, 07:01:42 PM »
If you are not currently a member of the Vanguard you can cast a vote for a 2nd Waaagh and nominate a Boss that way. Presumably if you didn't join before it's because you took some sort of issue with the old structure, and would therefore prefer to see a new structure.

actually I took a break from the boards for aout a year (a long time I know), so I missed all the waaagh! talk. I would like to join though if thats okay :)
If a job's worth doing, it's worth dying for...

Just returning to 40K, I'll be starting up again with Imperial Guard.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #384 on: December 18, 2008, 08:13:57 PM »
Hold off for a bit, as there may be one or two waaaghs depending on how the poll goes. About a week and hopefully things will be starting back up again.

Offline TastyPavlova

« Reply #385 on: December 19, 2008, 12:31:01 AM »
okay, thx for getting back so quickly on the matter
If a job's worth doing, it's worth dying for...

Just returning to 40K, I'll be starting up again with Imperial Guard.

Offline Piccolo

• Ninja'd you again.
« Reply #386 on: December 19, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »
OD, thanks, I am looking forward to doing lots more with Orks.  And yeah, I liked the MOSHA and also that stompa you have in the works.  I added a faces of the WAAGGHHH entry like you suggested.  It isn't much, but I'll be expanding it over time as my army gets bigger.

Offline Gutstikk

• Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #387 on: January 10, 2009, 08:20:03 AM »
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=175474.msg2141506;topicseen#msg2141506

The new Warboss of The Green Vanguard has been selected by a majority vote... and is Andromidius!

So, now that we have a new Warboss, it's time to start discussing what we want to do with the Ork CoC in general, and what we want to do with the Green Vanguard. Let's get the ball rolling!

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
« Reply #388 on: January 10, 2009, 08:31:18 AM »
well let me be the first to congratulate Andromidius, well done mate

now as to the CoC, i guess it depends on what sort of ideas he's got, if theres none im sure the lot of us will be happy to contribute but i'm gunna wait to see what he's go to say before i start suggesting crap
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #389 on: January 10, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »
Yev got da Goffs backin' yer Andromidius!

Offline DropFall

• Bad Moon Big Mek
  • What were all those "do not's" again?
« Reply #390 on: January 10, 2009, 10:46:10 PM »
well let me be the first to congratulate Andromidius, well done mate

now as to the CoC, i guess it depends on what sort of ideas he's got, if theres none im sure the lot of us will be happy to contribute but i'm gunna wait to see what he's go to say before i start suggesting crap

Did you bump your head and forget the changes Andromidius had outlined previously?

Anyway, bring on the changes.

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2009, 03:22:13 PM »
Congratulations Andromidius!...

CaHG
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Piccolo

• Ninja'd you again.
« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2009, 09:21:03 AM »
Nice job Andro.  It will be good to see some new projects come back to the Ork Board.  See you all there.