News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Drinks with Authors - Seattle  (Read 807 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Drinks with Authors - Seattle
« on: March 30, 2015, 06:12:20 PM »
As part of the Emerald City Comic Con event list Random House publishing (specifically Del Ray) decided to host an author meet and greet at Pike Peak Brewing. Jason Hough (The Darwin Elevator) was the originator and managed to convince Random House and some of his friends to come along. Guests included Myke Cole, Naomi Novik, Jason Hough, Robin Hobb, Patrick Rothfuss, Ramez Naam, Peter Brett Naomi Novak, Django Wexler, and others.

Pizza and the first (and the last round it turned out) round was on Random House with the bar open afterwards for following on rounds of liquid courage. As an added bonus free books were available to grab and have the authors sign between drinks.

The night was a huge success as there's something about asking the authors questions while the group of you get completely munted. As a bonus, we ended up building Pat Rothfuss a shrine out his books to help speed his arrival. Which actually worked.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
Re: Drinks with Authors - Seattle
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 07:29:11 PM »
Haha, that's awesome! :D I'm a big fan of his Kingkiller books. :)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Drinks with Authors - Seattle
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 02:48:39 PM »
Man that sounds brilliant. I am a real fan of Robin Hobb and think her Liveship and Assassin books are some of the best fantasy I have read.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!