News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Two for Review  (Read 1033 times)

Offline 18fan

• Week 4 - Colts (3-0) vs Titans (1-2)
Two for Review
« on: April 21, 2005, 05:38:27 PM »
Looking for some thoughts on my lists below. Main problem is Terminators  :-\

Lord (Staff, Orb, Phase)
10 Warriors
10 Warriors
3 Destroyers
10 Flayed Ones
5 Immortals

Lord (Staff, Orb, Phase)
15 Warriors
15 Warriors
5 Scarabs
3 Destroyers
3 Destroyers
10 Flayed Ones
5 Immortals
2 Spyders

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
Re: Two for Review
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2005, 10:47:14 PM »
First list:

Not bad, though you've got a lot of Flayed Ones.. you either own the models or really like them is my guess  :).  The list itself looks fine, though at 1k it's hard to deal with combinations that people come up with, so you could face some hard times.  Try to play larger battles if you can, since that's when Necrons start to perform better.  Other than that a pretty nice balanced list.

Second List:

Your squad sizes are too small, in my opinion.  Both the Immortals and Destroyers need larger squads, you don't want them to get wiped out in a single round of shooting.. I'd recommend dropping one of the Destroyer squads, and using the points to add to other two squads like 4 Destroyers and 8 Immortals instead.  You also might want to consider dropping the Flayed Ones numbers to 8, and using the points to boost your Scarabs numbers and/or Destroyers and Immortals again.  Or maybe a Warrior from each squad  :) really anything to boost those squad sizes.  Since they're your heavy hitters you want them to stick around for as long as possible and deal as much damage as they can.

If you're having problems with Terminators the only real solution I can suggest is a Lord with Warscythe.  Make sure to put a LOT of firepower into them first then clean up with the Lord.  He's Tough enough to avoid instant kill, and with your Phase/Ord will have saves and WBB.  Combine his charge with the Tomb Spyders and you should do allright.

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline 18fan

• Week 4 - Colts (3-0) vs Titans (1-2)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 07:29:32 AM »
Flayed One models do look good... ;D

What about simply putting the Destroyers together? Six too many in one squad?

Lord (Staff, Orb, Phase)
13 Warriors
13 Warriors
6 Scarabs
6 Destroyers
10 Flayed Ones
7 Immortals
2 Spyders

1496  >:( 4 points..

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 04:32:15 PM »
Destroyer max squad size is 5  :-\

Though with 2 Spyders you can make good use of the Artificier rule.  Just keep a Spyder near each 3 man squad.  Other than that, it looks pretty good.  Let us know how you do.

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.