News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Necron Army  (Read 1519 times)

Offline 1000 sons

• Tzeentch, Lord of Sorcery, and Changer of Ways
My Necron Army
« on: May 27, 2003, 11:50:51 PM »
Well, I just finished assembling and now about to start paintin away. anyway, here is my army list. Any advice u guys got would be much appreciated.

HQ

Necron Lord         140 Pts
   - Resurrection Orb     

- Resurrection Orb     

Elites

10 Immortals         280 Pts

Troops

20 Warriors         360 Pts

20 Warriors         360 Pts

Fast Attack

8 Scarab Swarms                         96 Pts

Heavy Support

Monolith                          235 Pts

Monolith                          235 Pts

Army Total: 1846 Pts
Model Count: 62
Phase Out Number: 13

I think its really strong. I use the Phalanx Tactic with my Squads all in range of my Monoliths. Just in case i have to make a lot of extra WBB rolls, lol.
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
Re:My Necron Army
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 12:54:13 AM »
If you want to use the phalanx movement, split the 20 man squads to 4 10 man squads.

Offline Yentz

• My Warjack Pwns Your Dreadnought
  • Ancient
  • Im Guilty
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 02:34:39 AM »
Your going to get yelled at big time for using two monoliths..I personally would not, as my wraithguard blow monoliths to itty bitty pieces, but alot of players won't even play you...

Offline VooDoo

• I have become death, the destroyer of worlds.
    • ClanTEK
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 06:39:41 AM »
Your going to get yelled at big time for using two monoliths..I personally would not, as my wraithguard blow monoliths to itty bitty pieces, but alot of players won't even play you...

Make sure you're remembering the living metal rule...

A lot of people forget about that...

Help the GREAT VUDU in his quest to destroy the evil ZEROMUS...

Join the greatest game on earth:   HERE

The brains behind the greatest clan software EVER!
ClanTEK

Offline Novarius Andrion

• GameSpot
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 07:16:15 AM »
     You've got a theme going, and it might be a strong army. My only concern would be the lack of variety in your units. That's just my opinion though, since I play with a different style than you do. Overall, I do agree with splitting your squads. That would be more useful to you when it comes time to start teleporting with the Monolith. Keep in mind that even though you could warp out a twenty Warrior squad, it might phase you out.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, doubting...
                                              -Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Silverthorn

• Ancient
  • Destroying the enemy with a smile!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 03:34:16 PM »
TWO monoliths?

TWO Lords?

Man you're out of my gaming table!

;)

Seriously it would make for quite a boring game to face a necron army with nothing more then warrior2, immortals and monoliths...

It might be strong but know that your opponent will not enjoy his game, you might not enjoy it either even if you win and chances are your opponent will never face you again (not because it's cheesy army list but because it's a boring army to face).

No offenses meant, just my opinion.
There's no Right or Wrong
There's only Fun and Boring

--My EldarOnline articles:
Starting an Eldar army: http://www.eldaronline.com/editorials/editorials_startingup.shtml
Seer Council Tactics: http://www.eldaronline.com/tactics/tactics_ulthwe.shtml
Guardians Tactics: http://www.eldaronline.com/tactics/tactics_defenderguardians.shtml

--To view the full picture of my avatar, click this link: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/e/meilleur/eldebaran.gif.html

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 05:59:32 PM »
yea, but its my "Revenge army", lol. I use when i face cheesy kids at my game group. LOL, epsecialy when i loose with my Death Guard, kids are like "wow, i can beat everything" and i just ask "would u want to play against my necrons?" and there like "i can beat em anytime". This army usually shuts them up for a long time, lol  ;D

It is boring, but it is hard to beat. and yea, i forgot about the phase out. Maybe i'll split them into 4 squads.
Every book was sacred, every writing worthy of study, every document a resource to be drained. The ultimate knowledge was sorcery, the way to final enlightment, the key to the universe.

"Magnus the Red did take to the field of battle, causing the ravedged ground to liquefy 'neath his mighty stride........Magnu s spoke a word of power, and did sink away into the iridescent ground" -  the Edda of the Hammer

Offline Drunken Panda

• I am Panda!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 07:09:41 PM »
maybe three squads; 13 in each, one with fourteen
people tell me that there are plenty of fish in the sea, but i can't swim

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 07:28:30 PM »
I just think that this army if fairly hard to beat. I mean, if i fail the WBB rolls, i can teleport them and attempt them again. Plus with the Lords with Orbs, lol, im garanteed to do so against anything that hits my troops.

Offline Yentz

• My Warjack Pwns Your Dreadnought
  • Ancient
  • Im Guilty
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2003, 01:59:03 AM »
And people say the seer council is cheesy..Lets see here..Thats, 3+ normal save, than a 4+ WBB, than another 4+ WBB...God I hate cheesy necron players..Just know that I would NEVER play against that army...Nor would most other opponents...

Offline Devourer of worlds

• You mess with the best you die like the rest!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2003, 12:26:28 PM »
All Im going to say, is anything that specilises in cc and has a 2+ save is going to give you a real headach. I think you need something to deal with units like that. Also your necron count is quite low so you may endup looseing a lot of firepower from useing the monoliths teleport instead of fireing the whip.
If terror is you'r dominion, then you need fear notheing.

Offline granny

• 1337 s³ member
    • Celtica
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2003, 02:00:47 PM »
This army is indeed pretty strong (not to mention beardy) but it is certainly not unbeatable. Against heavy shooting chaos (the kind of armies with 2 or even 3 defilers) or space marines or even imperial guard it should be almost impossible not to phase out.
Chaos wins : lost count...
Chaos defeats : still waiting for a challenge...

I always play to have fun, only have fun when I win... That's why I like this game so much ;)

Offline 1000 sons

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2003, 09:28:05 PM »
What about this version?

NEO Necron List

HQ

Necron Lord         
   - Ressurrection Orb     

Elites

Immortals         280 Pts
10 Immortals         

10 Immortals         

10 Immortals         

Troops

Warriors         216 Pts
12 Warriors         

Warriors         216 Pts
12 Warriors         

Warriors         216 Pts
12 Warriors         

Warriors         216 Pts
12 Warriors         

Army Total: 1844
Necrons: 79
Phase Out: 20

I think this list is a little better. I used the Immortals a couple of times, and they always do critical damage to the enemies squads. So much gauss fire can glance and/or kill anything.

Offline VooDoo

• I have become death, the destroyer of worlds.
    • ClanTEK
« Reply #13 on: June 1, 2003, 08:21:42 PM »
And people say the seer council is cheesy..Lets see here..Thats, 3+ normal save, than a 4+ WBB, than another 4+ WBB...God I hate cheesy necron players..Just know that I would NEVER play against that army...Nor would most other opponents...

You are obviously a poor sport.  If you can't counter his army, then you're just a piss poor player.

Because of that, I would never play against you, it just wouldn't be any fun beating up on you as badly as I would...

You're just no fun dude...

::C'tan Man:: Now now VooDoo.....
« Last Edit: June 2, 2003, 06:14:15 PM by C'tan Man »

Help the GREAT VUDU in his quest to destroy the evil ZEROMUS...

Join the greatest game on earth:   HERE

The brains behind the greatest clan software EVER!
ClanTEK

Offline Andy Caimbers

• I am coming for you. Dont bother running...
« Reply #14 on: June 1, 2003, 08:32:34 PM »
HQ

Necron Lord         140 Pts
   - Resurrection Orb    

Necron Lord         140 Pts
   - Resurrection Orb    

Make one of the lords armed with the following: destroyer upgrade, res orb, phase shifter. Much more punch with this type or arming. the other i just would not take. You can do the same thing with a Tomb spyder.

Elites

10 Immortals         280 Pts

I like them. keep it

Troops

20 Warriors         360 Pts

20 Warriors         360 Pts

if you want to do a a phalx thing make these 10 man squads.

Fast Attack

8 Scarab Swarms                        96 Pts

Noooooooooooooo! dont take these! i find them usless and pointless. go for a wraith squad. more rewarding.

Heavy Support

Monolith                         235 Pts

Monolith                         235 Pts

if you dont take one of these monotliths away i will hurt you badly. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! ARE YOU MAD? Two monoliths are toooooo much.  use Heavy Destroyers. not only will it give you mobility but you can move and shoot too. Also, take a Tomb spyder. like i said above, some thing as a res orb but can fight back.
No relation to Andy Chambers *spits snot*.

Black Templar Record 21-14-3
Samm-Hann Record 5-6-0

What is your life?
HONOUR IS MY LIFE!
What is your fate?
DUTY IS MY FATE!
what is your fear?
TO FAIL IS MY FEAR!
What is your reward?
SALVATION IS MY REWARD!
What is your craft?
DEATH IS MY CRAFT!
What is your pledge?
MY PLEDGE IS ETERNAL SERVICE TO THE EMPEROR!
 - Pledge of the Champion

[size=50]Brothers! We Shall Ride![/size]