News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Triarch Stalker Weapon  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Patrick Bateman

• I have to return some videotapes.
Triarch Stalker Weapon
« on: July 12, 2012, 03:47:22 AM »
Now that 6th edition is around what is a good way to go about outfitting a triarch stalker? I am usiing mostly for getting re-rolls. Is there a better way to go about using it? Are there certain weapons to use given the army type? I would mostly be going against dark angels, orks, grey knights, and maybe IG.

Also I have a magnet to switch between weapons if necessary.

Thanks

Offline Milford Cubicle

• Might I enquire about your spoons?
  • Armies: Necrons, Tyranids, Blood Angels
Re: Triarch Stalker Weapon
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 05:08:00 AM »
I'd definitely go with the Heat Ray. The other weapons are not nearly good enough to justify any points cost (there should almost be a points reduction for taking the TL HGauss Cannon...). A double shot multi-melta is a pretty good weapon to start with, and the flamer option is nice if need arises (overwatch...). And seeing how most of the Necron army is short ranged too, I don't think that the range of the Heat Ray will be much of a problem. I thought about using the Particle Whateveritwas, but with that it just seems like an overpriced Defiler with a worse gun and no CC ability. The re-rolls is what I'd use it for, that's a pretty powerful ability. Helps taking down those tough units through weight of fire. How has that worked out for you?
Strange movements at the graveyard detected... Is the Necron board coming back to life?!

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »
I use a pair of Stalkers both with heatrays. They work in tandem giving re-rolls to whoever is closest to the enemy target. Coupled with Zhandrekh giving them Tank Hunters when necessary, these guys have blitzed many tanks so far :D

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:34:57 PM »
I'm testing Stalkers in support of my mainly foot slogging list and have not found a reason to take the HGauss. The range and strength are nice, but you should be taking them more for the re-rolls (and CC support as they are still decent). As such, the units that benefit the most from them have the same range as the heat ray. Considering I generally keep mine in front of my immortals/warriors, he is usually in range when they can shoot.