News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: RTT report card. first tourney ever  (Read 2274 times)

Offline magos maxwell

• magos prime of Rujorua.
RTT report card. first tourney ever
« on: December 5, 2009, 10:06:53 PM »
hey guys. i thought i would write a short blurb about the tourney today.

i took the following list:

Grey seer, screaming bell, skalm, power stone, dispel scroll, rival hide talisman
525 pts

Chieftain battle standard bearer, halberd, shield, worlds edge armor, rat hound bodyguard
104 pts

Warlock engineer, doom rocket, warp-energy condenser, level 2, warp musket
165 pts

Warlock, level 2, two dispel scrolls, warplock pistol
158 pts

2 units of 24 clanrats, shields, standard and musician, warpfire thrower, rattling gun
365 pts

20 stormvermin, standard and musician, shields, storm banner, bell pusher
225 pts

20 slaves
40 pts

2 units of 21 giant rats and 4 packmasters
190 pts

20 plague monks, standard and musician, and shroud of dripping death
185 pts

2 rat ogres, packmaster
88 pts

7 plague censer bearers
112 pts

Warp-lightning cannon
90 pts

Total = 2247 pts

and so, i went to do battle.

1rst game vs Orcs and gobbo's lead by azhag:

i was gunning this game for a good cracks call down his war machine line. i got my engi in position, but then hey got squashed by the foot of gork. from that time on it was mostly defensive gaming. death frenzied slaves saw off some night gobbo's, the cannon took out a lobba crewman, and my loyal clanrat warriors saw off azhag who subsequently rallied in the last turn and didn't do much. mostly his magic fizzled, and i shot up a few things. the game ended in a draw. 10 battle points to 10.

2nd game vs generic wyvern boss Orcs and gobbo's:

i fared better this game. due to some poor manouvering a pretty big scrum by the bell resulted in his boss flying into the sights of my cannon, which proceeded to blast the wyvern to one wound. one of my clannies units died with thier warlock after a combo charge. other orcs and gobbo's got shot, the monks did squat, and the warlock engi's fried things. death frenzied slaves pulled down an orc or two before dieing. MVP for the game was my plague censer bearers, who saw off and ran down a 300 pt orc unit with character after the orcs had charged in. due to scenario requirments this game ended in a draw as well.

3rd game vs vamps:

i felt confident after my giant rats proceeded to beat his bats in the nose, but my PCB's fluffed it against his vamp bunker and died (after the vamp had moved from his dead bunker), giving the enemy an objective token they had picked up. his wolves saw off with two of the other remaining 5 tokens, while the rest were picked up by my units. my doom rocket went spectacular and (as previously said) wiped his vamp lords 1rst bunker completely, which made him scamper into his friends guardian skellies.

due to objectives and his wearing down of several of my units via long combats (and a flank charge with a beef'd coach) the game ended in a loss for me.

so in total i got 26 battle points. the guy i faced first got 1rst place, his brother in law (the vc player) got third for good painitng scores, and the lone wood elf player came in second and got a regiment box.

overal i had a fun time, and i can't wait for the next tourney.

pica are as follows: azhag counts as, 1rst game left and right (my point of view), game two, and game three.

« Last Edit: December 5, 2009, 10:15:09 PM by magos maxwell »
"we are but cogs rolling on the tributary of life to our promised place in the great plan of the Omnissiah"
fabricator general planetaris maxwell zephos.

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
Re: RTT report card. first tourney ever
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2009, 10:46:30 PM »
Nice job. Glad to hear you had a good time. It's always hard to come up with a good competitive list with a brand new army book. Looking forward to the report from the next tournament.
Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
     1 / 1 / 1

Offline magos maxwell

• magos prime of Rujorua.
Re: RTT report card. first tourney ever
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2009, 10:48:18 PM »
thanks! i'm quite happy i even got two draws, i thought i was gonna get three straight lossses. ah when tactics actually work.

overall i had an enjoyable experience with my first tourney.
"we are but cogs rolling on the tributary of life to our promised place in the great plan of the Omnissiah"
fabricator general planetaris maxwell zephos.