News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How to Post Pictures in here (New Version - 2010)  (Read 18183 times)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
How to Post Pictures in here (New Version - 2010)
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:31:36 AM »
As the program 40Kol uses is not as freindly as everyone would like, I am suggestion that you post Thumbnails in here and allow others to expand them as needed/desried by the viewers. This not only has the posts appear more organized, it allows users with slower machines to open one picture at a time and not bog their machine down.... It also allows you to post more than 10 pictures within a thread which might be very usefull when doing a tutorial etc.

Anyway, Feel free to post your pictures in any format that is legal by the 40Kol rules; but, here are some methods to post you pics for those that are having difficulty to do it in any other way, etc... or just like to get things in the thumbnail style.

1.... First you will have to have the picture stored (uploaded) onto the internet to begin with, so go to Photobucket (as it works in here, and its free) and make an account to store your pictures. Of course, there are several other web places to store images, so feel free to use whatever spot you like (such as Flicker, Piczo, etc)

2.... Next you will have to get the web address of your picture and copy it between image code like this (or paste it into the code that appears when you click on the little "Mona-Lisa" icon in the tool bar. Anyway in the end it will look like this

Code: [Select]
[img]address/address/address[/img]
If you want your picture to appear at the size limit deamed by the 40Kol rules, then you can simply stop here; as 40Kol will adjust the size for you

But

3.... If you want the picture to be a thumbnail, then you need to get the appropriate thumbnail address and it looks like this. Note where the little th_ part is to go (into the final destination that actually has the picture type at the end of it... and Yes you can just use the picture address itself and add the th_ yourself to make most pictures appear as a thumbnail  NOTE: this does not work for images in Imageshack... so just put those here full scale, and I will fix them for you if you don't know how to do it (more complecated)

[img]address/address/th_address.jpg[/img]
4.... It also really nice to have the thumbnail set so that it enlarges when you click on it... so here is what you do. Add the url code around the image code that you already have. you can type this yourself or use the little "globe" icon in the tool bar, anyway it will look like this when you do it.

[url][img]address/address/th_address.jpg[/img][/url]
Now take your original image address and assign it to the url by adding a = symbol and the address before you close the initial url brackets; like this.

[url=address/address/address][img]address/address/th_address.jpg[/img][/url]
Your done...
     I know that looks like a lot; but here is what I do... Click on the "globe" and then the "mona-lisa" icons one right after the other... then grab the web address and paste it into the two spots (adding the = sign, and adding the th_ as required)... and your done in about 10 seconds.

Here is what you end up with

[url=http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z251/moc065/40%20K/Necron%20WIPs/Pariah/P2030003.jpg][img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z251/moc065/40%20K/Necron%20WIPs/Pariah/th_P2030003.jpg[/img][/url]
But yours will not be set to "code" -- so it will actually appear to others like this.

click to enlarge

And for those times that you wish to crop/edit your pics.... Go to this Link where Mr.Peanut has illistrated a great web tool just for this purpose.

I do hope that helps those that are less computer friendly than other, and don't think that I am super smart of anything like that.. this is knowledge that was passed on to me by others in 40Kol.

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 09:56:34 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering