News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bomb Attack in Cologne. Breaking News.  (Read 366 times)

Offline Uzzy

• Long Fang | I argue as no-one cares
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Major Badass
Bomb Attack in Cologne. Breaking News.
« on: June 9, 2004, 12:24:16 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3791965.stm

Breaking news at the moment, up to 12 people injured in bomb attack in Cologne.

Offline Conscript Jenkins

• General
  • We are many, They are few
Re: Bomb Attack in Cologne. Breaking News.
« Reply #1 on: June 9, 2004, 02:35:31 PM »
I'm not sure if it's a terrorist attack, which would be the automatic assumption. It just doesn't seem profesional enough. I mean, the 9/11 attack, the Spanish attack, the Phillipines attack, and the numerous attacks on Israel, all caused numerous casualties and deaths. All of the attacks outside of Israel have caused triple-digit casualties (at least all that I've read). A simple shrapnel bomb, without a single fatality, in a rather quiet neighborhood just seems more along the lines of some Columbine thing. I just think that profesional terrorists would do something more destructive. This seems like the work of ametuers.

Of course, it could be some bored German youth. On the other hand, given the role of global Islamic dogma, it's also possible that a local cell, without any conection to international terrorists, decided to strke their own blow against "the Great Satan". Germany and France both have disgruntled Muslim populations and one of the major concerns about bin Laden was that he would inspire other groups to acts of terrorism. That's my guess: a group of disgruntled German Muslims were inspired by bin Laden and other terrorist groups, possibly over the escalating situation in Iraq, and built their own bomb from instructions of the Internet.
You can never have enough Dakka
Crush The Cheese!!!
If brute force isn't working, you're not using enough.

Member of the Board 18 League of Tacticians, SAFH Strategist.
The Super Shooty Tactica:
http://www.40k.ca/community/index.php?topic=62570.0

Playing Guard means never having to say you're sorry for obliterating your opponents entire army before he can get into HtH.

Offline Faithruir

• I'm suposed to say the Avatar isn't my own work.
Re: Bomb Attack in Cologne. Breaking News.
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 05:40:49 AM »
Anyone English remember the Brixton Bomb? Yes, some people do detonate such devices and... shock horror!- they aren't terrorists (amateur or professional)! Why does everyone always leap to that conclusion now?

My guess is that, as the area was predominantly Turkish, someone just doesn't like Turks there.

It's probably some local racist with too much time on his hands...
Like Harry Potter? Like writing? Why not check out http://entrhogwarts.suddenlaunch2.com/index.cgi?