News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Regarding Chaos minor psychic powers  (Read 551 times)

Offline Thee General Grog

• I'm a llama!
Regarding Chaos minor psychic powers
« on: April 22, 2003, 08:32:46 PM »
Ok,
After looking over this issue very carefully, I have some questions regarding chaos minor psychic powers.

Do they follow the same rules as the "general" minor psychic powers?

I.E. they are only to be used with opponents permission.

Another thing is the wording for the minor powers say that they can make one roll on the minor power list but any duplicates can be rerolled.

How can you have duplicates of ONE roll?

The GW site is down and I can't go to the fAQ's to see if they corrected the wording.

One point I want to make is that the Slannesh power "siren" is totally abusable.

If the chaos player wants his Keeper of secrets  to bypass the "Large target"rule he just buys a few minor psychic power rolls. rolls untill he gets Siren, and buys a warp talisman, and POOF his demon prince is untouchable!

Volren

Re:Regarding Chaos minor psychic powers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 08:39:25 PM »
Yes, the 'buy til you get Siren' thing is a tactic I've heard of before.

Since the Codex does not specifically state that you need permission to buy Minor Psychic Powers, then you don't.

Duplicates is assuming that you bought more than one power.

Offline The Rainmaker

• Up the Irons!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 08:06:04 AM »
You don't need permission for normal minor psychic powers because they are an option in the codex.
"Woe to you, oh earth and sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short... Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six."

Revelations ch.XIII v.18

formerly Angron

Offline Strychnine

• I'm Going To Go Find Something To Strike You With
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 10:45:36 AM »
Psychic powers like WindOfChaos are good fun, and even better when used by Tzeentch (No psy test).
The ultimate nightmare...
A squad of 10 Tzeentch Chosen, all with Bolt of Tzeencth firing at ANYTHING would be vast death and possibly overkill(S8 AP2)

OUCH

You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of ten thousand fists in the air.

Daemon Prince Model: $45
Bloodthirster's Axe Bit: $6
The look on your Dark Eldar opponent's face, when you tell him he doesn't get his 2+ Invulnerable Save...
Priceless.
There are some things Chaos can't kill. For everything else, there's a Dreadaxe(tm).

Offline UberBezerker

• Fire makes everything more fun!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 08:56:35 PM »
Here's a tip, don't use minor psy powers. I never really liked them. Has anybody ever used them here to any effct?
Have A Nice Day! :) hehehe

Volren

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 09:33:23 PM »
Psychic powers like WindOfChaos are good fun, and even better when used by Tzeentch (No psy test).
The ultimate nightmare...
A squad of 10 Tzeentch Chosen, all with Bolt of Tzeencth firing at ANYTHING would be vast death and possibly overkill(S8 AP2)

OUCH

Truly overkill. They'll shoot at one squad per turn, then get wiped out when your opponent realizes how dangerous they can be... and how many VPs they'll net him.

Offline Heir of Dorn

• Imperial Fists 3rd Company
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2003, 08:08:29 AM »
Meatshields, Anargo, meatshields!

place them behind a csm squad or something.
Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!

Imperial Fists: W/L/D - 1/0/2