News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 Ulthwe vs. Iyanden  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Kõrãkæ

• The raven god returns.
1500 Ulthwe vs. Iyanden
« on: December 11, 2005, 03:16:51 PM »
OK for the multitude of you who don't know my craft world, Mar-Dinn, can take on the style of Iyanden or Biel-Tan. this battle it was Iyanden (i don't have enough aspects do Biel-Tan) and I knew form the begging i was screwed. So i decided to just attempt to destroy his anoying seer council (who really pissed me off when i fought him with nids). I will appoligize ahead of time because i do not have EXACT army lists. Once i get them i will make sure and modify the post. Also this battle wont have pics but i can promise all others i post will. Finaly this post wont have fluff because my craftworld would never fight other eldar so as far as im concerned this never happened, which is good because i lost miserably.

Anyway on to the lists.
Me(Iyanden):

Hq:
1 Farseer w/ witchblade, pistol, fortune, ghost helm, runes of warding(i am fighting a seer council after all)
2 warlocks w/ witchblades, pistols, enhance
1 warlock w/ witchblade, pistol, conceal.
NOTE: all warlocks attached to wraithgaurd squads. the ones with ehance are w/ the squads that are in the waveserpents

Elite:
5 striking scorpians, 1 upgraded to exarch w/ scorpians claw, stealth
5 warpspiders, nothing special

Troops:
5 wraith in a waveserpent that has shurican cannon and twinlinked brightlance
5 wraith in same as above
5 wraith (footslogging)
1wrathlord w/ flamers and starcannon
1same as above

Fast Attack:
1 viper w/ starcannon

Heavy Support:
1 falcon w/ starcannon and shurican cannon

HIM(ulthwe)NOT EXACT

Hq:
seer council ( sorry this could get messy) i know there are 3 farseers and 3 warlocks all with witchblades and these and i know he used/had these powers: fortune, conceal, mindwar, enhance and there were probably others.
2 other warlocks with witchblade attached two gaurdian squads

Troops:
20 gaurdians w/ brightlance platform
20 guardians w/ brightlance platform
3 rangers

Fast Attack:
2 vipers with brightlances
1 viper w/ starcannon
1 viper same as above

Heavy support:
1 falcon w/ starcannon and shuriken cannon
4 dark reapers

The Feild:6x4(deployment along either 4 foot table edge)

The battle feild was set up with many small walls and a few large ones near either deployment zone. There was a bunker like building in the center and two other small building on his side. Either side of the middle was basicaly a firing lane exept for the few small walls.

Setup: we roled the mission(cant remember its name) where you try to obtain loot (5 for us) then we roled what would be my doom, omega lvl, which includes escalation. :'(  I already knew i was screwed but this just made it worse). I was to start out with my 5 scorpians, 1 farseer, and the foot slogging wraith unit, he started with his guardians, his council, his reapers, and his rangers. I deployed my one wraith unit and farseer behind a wall at the front of my deployment zone that was directly behind the central bunker, so they would not take fire as the advanced. He set up his gaurdians, 1 to each fireing lane, his reapers behind a low wall that gave them cover and sight of the entire lefthend fireing lane and partial sight of the righthand one, his seer council behind the reapers. after he was set up i put my scopians about midway down the feild behind a wall on the right side (intending to attack the lone gaurdian squad) this was the first mistake of the game. he promptly placed his rangers in the central bunker and had clear shots on the scorpians. We place the loot 2 in either fireing lane and one in the bunker.

The Battle:

Turn 1:Ulthwe
He got to go first and needless to say i was worried. ( really should have guessed he would place his rangers where he did) He advanced his Guardians down either fireing lane and left his reapers seers and rangers where they were. He then proceeded to shoot at my scorpians and got a head shot killing 1. Then he ended his turn.

Turn 1:Mar-Dinn
My 1 wraith unit, which was imediatly joined by the farseer, frantically raced toward the central bunker, trying to either distract the rangers or kill them but because of their short ranged weapons this was almost asuredly not going to happen in time. I now realized just how badly i had chose the scorpians location because if they tried to charge the rangers or get away from them they would be exposed to the dark reapers. I was in quite a pickle. But as it turned out i did not have a choice in how the scoprs died because they had been pinned

Turn 2 aka god hates me:Ulthwe
He roled for his reserves and, go figure, the vipers with lances, one with a starcannon, and the falcon arrived, He put the falcon behind the seer council, the vipers with lances he put in the center of his zone, and he put the one with a starcannon near the left edge. He continued to advance his gaurdians. Then came the bad part. his rangers once again opend fire on my scorps who took 1 casultie and were pinned again. Another quike and uterly annoying round for me.

Turn 2 aka god hates me: Mar-Dinn

I roled my reserves hoping to get some serious back up. Out of the warp spiders, viper, 2 waveserpents, 2 wraithlords, falcon i had in reserve I got 1 wave serpent and 1 waithlord, I put them near the middle of the deployment zones to avoide the fireing lanes as best as posssible. Well they were not going to be of any help this turn so i moved my wraithguard forward again and the wraithlord shot his starcannon at rangers in the bunker. I did not inflict a single wound.

Turn 3:Ulthwe
His last viper arrived. He place it in his deployment zone so it was in the right fire lane. His coucil hopped in the falcon and moved toward the left side. 3 of his vipers also sped down the left side. The gaurdians continued their march. the lefthand squad drew a line up on the waveserpent with their lance and with one shot blew it out of the air. With the wraith aproaching the rangers still shot  at the scorps killing another one.

Turn 3: Mar-Dinn
My falcon arrived and i set it up nearer to the center than the wave serpent to try and keep it from getting shot. My warpspiders also arrived and deployed near the front of the deployment zone near the middle. I had completely forgoten out the reapers at this point and stupidly charged the scorps toward the rangers. The wraithgaurd advanced toward the rangers and fired killing 1. My wraithlord also move forward but did not have any effect during shooting.

Turn 4:Ulthwe
He moved his guardians forward again, the ones on the left were now very close to the bunker. His vipers all move forward and his falcon moved to the left to try and get some shots at my men in the deployment zone. his rangers fired and took out one wrap spider. His reapers finished off the scorpians. His vipers and falcon shot at my falcon stunning it and the viper with the stracannon shot at my first wrait unit but thanks to rerollable inv. save nothing happend. His righthand gaurdians shot at the wraithlord although that had no effect.

Turn 4:Mar-Dinn
My other waveserpent arrived and i opted to have it move its full 24 inches get behind the bunker and insure that only the right hand gaurdians could shoot at it because i was not that worried about one brightlance. My other wraithlord also arrived. I moved my spider into some cover on the right side, the reapers were going to get some shots at them but with invunerable saves i was not that worried, i just wanted the to get over toward the righthand guardians and start doing damege. My first wraithlord shot at one of the vipers with a brightlance and maneged to immobolise it but because of how far it had move it acually crashed. YAY. My first wraithguard unit shot at the rangers haveing no effect. They then charged the rangers and killed them in cc. Finaly. They were dead.

Turn 5:Ulthwe
With my army in taters he began to secure the loot. His righthand guardians move behind a small wall and with their one brightlance shot brought down the waveserpent. The starcannon viper he had on the right side moved into the sight of the first wraithguard unit and fired but no wounds were inflicted. His other vipers took down my falcon and inflicted 1 wound on my forward wraithlord. His falcon moved behind to his side of the bunker. His reapers had an amazeing shooting round inflicting 8 wound, for the saves i rolled all ones and twos. Needless to say my spiders were annialated.

Turn 5:Mar-Dinn
my viper finnaly arrived but at this point no matter what it was certain that we would be able to take it down the next turn some i rushed it up beside my 1st wraithguard squad to provide cover against the guardians moving along the left side of the bunker. My wraith who had been in the first waveserpent moved out of cover toward the two advancing wraithlords. The wraithguard in the second serpent and those in the first wraithguard squad held their ground behind the bunker, i knew he was planing on droping the council off and i wanted for him to make the first move also i wanted to make sure that they had the wraithlords covering fire when they secured the bunker. The wraithlords were advancing to secure the loot on the righthand side and shot at the viper over there. The viper was shaken so it could not return fire.

Turn 6:Ulthwe
He droped his council and moved the falcon on top of the bunker. His viper that had be shaken limped behind the bunker. His left guardians secured the left hand loot. His reapers moved to secure another loot. His vipers and falcon shot at the forward wraithlord causing another wound. His council moved into the buncker and then charged the first wraith unit. His righthand guardians moved over the wall toward the injured lord.

Turn 6:Mar-Dinn
My wraithlords followed by the one unit of wraithguard moved toward the guardians and the wraithlord shot at the falcon managing to blow off its pulse laser. My second wraithguard unit charged in to help fight the seer council but few wounds were infilcted, only one warlock(on his side) died.

We roled for random game length and had an extra turn.
Turn 7:Ulthwe
With most units in cc his vipers shot at the wounded wraithlord killing it. The lefthand guardians continued to try to get into cc and support the seer council. The guardians on the right moved up then charged the remaining wraithlord, they could not do anything, except the warlock who did not make it to cc this turn, but tried to prevent the lord from reaching the loot or reaching the wraithguard in cc with the seer council. The lord inflicted one wound on the guardians. The cc between seers and wraith contiued with one wound on a farseer and one dead warlock(both on his side) as well as one dead wraith.

Turn 7:Mar-Dinn
My wraith that had been following the lord charged in to support him. Serveral guardians fell and no wounds were inflicted on the wraith or lord. The cc between the seers and wraith continued with 1 wraith death.

another turn thanks to random game length
Turn 8:Ulthwe
His other guardians finally made it to cc while his remaining vehicles moved to secure loot. In the smaller battle with my lord more guardians were killed and one wraith died. In the other one  1 wraith died, and a handfull of gardians died.

Turn 8:Mar-Dinn
The battle with my wraith lord saw the death of more guardians and 1 wraith, still no wounds infilcted on the lord by the warlock. The other battle saw wounds on the farseers the death of the last warlock and one seer as well as 2 wraith.

Turn 9:
More of the same , despite the way thing were looking, i never broke the cc to secure the loot i did however inflict enough damege to not be totally dishonored.

Out come:
Crushing defeat for me. I knew that i was going to lose but if it had not been for the escalation thing i might not have lost so badly. Surprisingly, despite the way it looked near the middle of the game i did kill the seer council. YAY.

Offline ::ËternaĺŇovice::

• A Hippies Version of Exterminatus
Re: 1500 Ulthwe vs. Iyanden
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 09:24:31 PM »
A nice report, not that detailed, but enough for a good idea. Lack of pictures isn't good but oh well, unfortunatel for the loss. An Eldar vs Eldar report, quite exciting, I'll hope to see more of these...

I started playing Tau three years ago, and now I'm dating a supermodel. Coincidence? I think not.

Current Projects: Slow Process of Ordering Warmachine Models. 0% Done.

I'm the Self Proclaimed Greatest Noob on 40konline!

Offline Badmovies.org

• The Bad Movie Review Website
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 10:55:42 PM »
"An Eldar vs Eldar report, quite exciting, I'll hope to see more of these..."

I want to see hot Tau on Tau action.  I mean, a battle where you actually might see a team of Firewarriors charge into melee and start biting your nails in anticipation of who will win the combat.  Or a Crisis Suit plunging into a Pathfinder team like an engine of destruction, his WS a lordly thing against the ill-prepared Pathfinders.
Hive Fleet Kohr-Ah
Craftworld Barsoom

Offline Kõrãkæ

• The raven god returns.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 12:40:08 AM »
While the last coment was a little out of place it would be cool to see tau vs tau. However i doubt they would ever see cc. And besides i have seen an even funnier cc. My old(and long gone) tau army vs necrons. My enemy used vale of darkness and droped a squad behind me. After i shot at them i mercilessly sent to fire teams to try and finish them off. The lord was killed in a sweeping advance (Ha get up from that). Now that is what i call an odd cc with an odd outcome.