News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 10 minute 1000 list for tourny tomorrow!!! (12/2/06)  (Read 959 times)

Offline aetherguy881

10 minute 1000 list for tourny tomorrow!!! (12/2/06)
« on: December 2, 2006, 01:02:10 AM »
Ok here it is I came up with this quickly, I don't have as many models as I'd rather have but I hope that that will change this christmas...

HQ

Lord - VoD, Orb, Warsythe - 210

Elites

5x Immortals - 120

Troops

2x12 Warriors - 432

Fast Attack

2x Wraiths - 82

3x Destroyers - 150

Total: 994
Necrons: 35
Phase: 9

This is for an all comers tourney, I don't know what to expect at the tourny Here.

Should I take scarabs? I have 8. Also should I split the destroyer squads?
|T|O|O| |L|A|Z|Y|-My antidrug

Please join Theopia, from where my picture came. When, if you register, please aknowlage that you were refered by aetherguy881.

W   L   D
Necrons           10   4    1
Space Wolves

Offline Pekhov

• Got Gauss?
Re: 10 minute 1000 list for tourny tomorrow!!! (12/2/06)
« Reply #1 on: December 2, 2006, 01:23:46 AM »
Just a thought, if you dropped the War Scythe and wraiths you could field the 8 scarab bases you have.  I think this would be a great move.  Two wraiths is a very fragile unit and 8 scarabs will get you 32 attacks on a charge vs. 8 from the wraiths. 

If you lord is with the warriors or Immortals, he'd be much better off with the SoL.  Its got a AP 3 shooting attack (granted it's short range) and it's a power weapon.  Unless your up against terminators or units with inv saves, it's a better weapon.

Your immortal unit is pretty small and could get taken out quickly.  If you have more you might want to go with a couple more and cut some warriors or your Destroyers.

As for splitting the Destroyer squad, you can't.  3 is the minimum squad size.

Good luck at your Tourney
Don't be a Necron Playa Hater!

Offline aetherguy881

« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2006, 01:40:43 AM »
Whoops I forgot about the min squad size. And yes, I only have 5 Immortals. Dammit I should've bought at least one more tonight while I was out, granted it may not be painted as well as it could It would be another immortal.

I guess you could call this an "unfilled" flying circus list. A "full" FC list would of course have 10 immortals jumping around with the lord and shooting everything while trying to avoid combat. If they have to they will not do too bad in cc I guess.

So If I take what I can and using what you're saying:

HQ

Lord - VoD, Orb, - 200

Elites

5x Immortals - 120

Troops

2x12 Warriors - 432

Fast Attack

8x scarabs - 96

3x Destroyers - 150

Total: 994
Necrons: 33
Phase: 9

Well that doesn't lower my phase #, but lowers my count, so I dunno. Thanks anyway, I won't know which to use until I leave to go there.

Please join Theopia, from where my picture came. When, if you register, please aknowlage that you were refered by aetherguy881.

W   L   D
Space Wolves

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
« Reply #3 on: December 2, 2006, 03:11:18 AM »
What other models do you own? If you don't own any other models apart from the wraiths your list looks pretty good. However if you do own other models please tell us so we can help you tinker with your list
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline aetherguy881

« Reply #4 on: December 2, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »
I have a total of 36 warriors, 2 lords 8 scarabs, 2 wraiths, 3 destroyers, 8 flayed ones, 1 TS w/ particle, and 5 immortals.

W   L   D
Space Wolves

Offline Pekhov

• Got Gauss?
« Reply #5 on: December 2, 2006, 10:45:01 AM »
Honestly, you could consider dumping the immortals for this one and going with more warriors.   I know this is tough to do, I love immortals too.  But if your enemy puts a moderate amount of shot on those immortals, he could put them all down in a single turn with no hope of WBB.

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: December 2, 2006, 07:09:34 PM »
I would have to agree with Pekhov. Get rid of the immortal for some more warriors. You could have a squad of 3x 10 squads of warriors if you get rid of the immortals. Just keep those destroyers safe as their your only long range firepower. Good luck with your tournament :)

Offline aetherguy881

« Reply #7 on: December 3, 2006, 12:23:00 AM »
Hehe, ya know what? I was 18 points over with the scarab list. We got it fixed by pulling one warrior which pbought the phase to 8.

Anyway here's the break down of the tourny. Table qurters, clense, for every mission. Time limit about 1 hr 15 min. Terrain is set, you are not allowed to chance it's position.

Game 1

I play a chaos army, scarabs and circus squad get mauled. should've move the circus...

I lose...

Game 2

I play another necron army (lith, 4 destroyers, and no scarabs, slightly different config'd lord and troops (nicely painted and based)). I destroy his lith turn 1 with one glancing 1/9 destroyer shots. (for those of you who want to second  guess this we called GW and they said that the gauss rule was effectve against the lith)

My destroyers move to kill the 4 destroyers. After that it was almost back and forth.

I win!!!

Game 3

I play a speed freaks army for the first time. I choose the table quarter with a nice ruined modern pueblo. I destroy both his trukks and killed 4/10 and 6/10 trukk boys remaining 4 ran away. end of turn 2 he concedes.

I win!!!

Game 4

I play a basic eldar army, (this is for 2nd place) I make the most noobiest deployment mistake, I set the warriors 8" instead of >/=6" away from each other. he chose the quarter with the good building... He killed the 12 squad first turn... That told me, "I LOSE!!!" But I don't give up that easily, I put up one hell of a fight for another 3 turns when his avatar happens to kick me down to 6  models...

I lose...

I lost my chance at a Battle for Skill Pass box, instead I got a tau xv15 sealth armour shas'ui blister. First place got a maccarage box, I wanted it...

Anyway I'd say third out of 9 isn't bad for a first tournament! I also made some new friends so I'd say that's better than getting first. Although it could be debateable... I could have also wond the box... ::)

W   L   D
Space Wolves

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: December 3, 2006, 06:38:06 AM »
Well done. Put that tau xv15 sealth armour shas'ui to good use. :). Which army took 1st prize? Once again well done on coming 3rd.

Offline aetherguy881

« Reply #9 on: December 3, 2006, 11:58:31 AM »
I forget which army came in first, I still have to email the organizer so I'l ask him for you.

W   L   D
Space Wolves

Offline Pekhov

• Got Gauss?
« Reply #10 on: December 3, 2006, 12:29:18 PM »
Hey congrats on the 3rd place and way to keep Necrons in medal contention ;) Even if you had to blast your way through another necron to get it.

Offline aetherguy881

« Reply #11 on: December 3, 2006, 01:15:07 PM »
Oh and btw, I never deep struck the scarabs, there just wasn't enough good cover for them to pop up near... They did wound the eldar avatar once tho!

W   L   D
Space Wolves