News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Death Star Gitz list and abbreviated Batrep  (Read 1552 times)

Offline bebe

• In Canada no one hears you scream
Death Star Gitz list and abbreviated Batrep
« on: November 17, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »
Bad Moon Rising Deathstar Gitz

HQ: Warboss, Mega Armour, Attack Squig, Cybork, Bosspole 130 (w/manz)
HQ: Warboss, PK, Eavy amour, Cybork, Kombi-Scorcha, Bosspole 120 (w/ Gitz)

Elites: 7 Lootas 105
Elites: 7 Lootas 105

Troops: 3 Mega Nobz, Kombi-skorcha, Trukk, Reinforced Ram 165
Troops: 3 Mega Nobz, Kombi-skorcha, Trukk, Reinforced Ram 165
Troops: 12 'Ard Boyz, Nob, PK, Bosspole Trukk 200
Troops: 14 Grots, Runtherder 52

Fast Attack: Deffkopta, TL Rokkits, Buzzsaw 70
Fast Attack: Deffkopta, TL Rokkits, Buzzsaw 70
Fast Attack: Deffkopta, TL Rokkits 45

Heavy Support: 9 Flash Gitz, More Dakka, More Shooty, Painboy, Cybork 380
Heavy Support: Battlewagon, Deff Rolla, Big Shoota, Kannon, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Job 130

8 Zzap  Gun Battery x3, Additional Gun Krew, Ammo Runt x3, Grabba Stick, Slugga 112

(**1850**)

I had this crazy idea that Flash Gitz were actually good. The origin and initial conception for the list can be found here (halfway up the page in bright yelloww, lol)

A TDC Blog: tactics , unit analysis, batreps, observations - Page 12

I needed to field them. They are almost as tough as Manz and are shooty instead of  assaulty so why not? Sure they are over costed. They should be characters at the very least so they could use precision shot and that would fix them nicely. But they are not. Meh. My first match was against BA ... so there were dreads, baals, strom raven dante, sang guard. I deployed with my lootas and zzapps in the back buffered by grots and went right at his list getting the Gitz near center table turn one. The deffkoptas went out and started to try and take care of any vehicles ... baals are nasty. I did not really have any answer for the storm raven and he was able to get some very good use from it all game. That said the Gitz killed a lot of models. I lost five gitz during the course of the game ( 200 points worth). They destroyed a good 300+ points of his army but the best was how much firepower he wasted trying to take them down. I was able to peppr him with lootas and zzapp gun all game. Now I did not overrun him. I grabbed the relic and backed up. I protected my Warboss w/ the big Gitz squad so he was safe all game. I managed to linebreak with my one surviving 'kopta. It was enough to secure a victory. 

My second match was against Necrons and that did not go quite as well. The problem here was the nightscthes coming on then leaving then dropping off troops late game. I handled his wraiths and barges okay - well I took some casualties but was unable to kill his warlord or stop him from grabbing objectives. I suffered a loss - albeit the game was close. He was using two D-lords and lots of wraiths and my Gitz took down quite a few. My mistake was charging them with the Ard boyz and a squad of Manz in an attempt to finish them off. His D-lord challenged and killed my WB - stupid MSS - and even three wraiths anda second D-lord were enough to punish my Boyz and Manz. I took down two wraiths and lost both squads. But it did open him up to my dakka when he won and I was able to kill off a D-lord and his wraiths. Had I killed the whole squad before losing two troop squads I might have come out ahead in the game. My Gitz again did quite well and some were around with my warlord boss at game's end.

I'm hoping that in the new codex they drop the price of the Gitz or have a character that makes them troops at the very least. I could probably live with that, lol. In the meantime I'll pull them out on occasion for the ride. The list is certainly entertaining to lay with and my opponent's said against.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:27:16 PM by bebe »
Big man, Pig man, Ha ha, charade you are

You well heeled big wheel, Ha ha, charade you are

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Death Star Gitz list and abbreviated Batrep
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:52:08 PM »
I love this list! I've always wanted to play with Flash Gitz, but I've never had the bits or the inspiration to build the necessary models. Hopefully our next release will see a new kit available.

Do you find having the warboss gives you great advantage in the unit, instead of running with Badrukk? Both give you great leadership and have the necessary bosspole. The warboss gives you a great close combat punch, but that unit should most likely avoid close combat, if at all possible. I understand that having the warboss there is also a deterrent to your opponent to charge the unit, but that's a lot of points spent on a deterrent. Badrukk has a better save and a better ranged weapon, that should make him a more suitable fit.

Just wondering what your thoughts are because I would love to run some Flash Gitz once I have the courage to build some (or patience to wait for GW to finally make some.)  ::)

Offline bebe

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 11:33:39 AM »

The advantage of the Warboss is that he can detach at any time and do some work on his own. I think Baddrukk overcosted for he what he brings. If you check the link you will see the original list. It made the unit way too expensive and did not pan out s well on the table.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 10:17:26 AM »
I love the Flash Gitz, and play them a lot. As for a plastic kit, I used the AoBR nobs and some bits and gold paint to make mine.

As for Badruk, he is good at using his ammo grots to "twin link" his shooting and is fairly good at shooting down enemy flyers (when he hits of course). Other than that a flakka truck is slightly better at shooting down enemy flyers, but is not legal in some games (some people are just paranoid at Forge world stuff being "OTT").

When I take the gits they get either a looted wagon, or a aegis defense line

Painted red to go faster  ;)

Congrats on using the gitz to win one and "not lose" one. (remember orks never lose)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline bebe

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 08:46:16 AM »

Nice to see I'm not crazy just by myself skeeter.