News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Imperial Fist Eye Candy  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Imperial Fist Eye Candy
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:17:43 AM »
This could technically go in the Video Game forums, but at the same time it does have to do with the background for the Imperial Fists.  So, I'll just leave it here for people to enjoy.

We've always heard in the fluff that the Phalanx is a truly massive vessel that easily holds the might of a Astartes Legion, let along a Chapter.  Now, I don't know about you guys, but I have always wondered just how big the Phalanx is as we are never really shown it or have a proper size comparison.

Until now...

With the release of the Space Marine DLC for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada, they have included five different Marine Chapters:  Ultramarines, Imperial Fists, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, and Blood Angels.  I initially thought it was just going to be colour differences for the ships, but they actually went above and beyond and made other aspects unique.  One of the parts they made unique was the docks that your select your fleet from.

The Ultramarines are seen hanging over Ultramar, the Dark Angels are around the Rock, and the Imperial Fists?  Yeah, you guessed it!  They hang in front of the Phalanx.  Now, thanks to the Space Wolves and Blood Angel screens, we actually have a comparison of size as they both have a Ramilles Starfort in the background:

The Blood Angels over Baal

Space Wolves over Fenris:

And the piece de resistance!  The Imperial Fists over the Phalanx!

All three pictures were taken having zoomed out the camera as far as possible, and even still I can not capture the entirety of that behemoth!  Needless to say, I am impressed!

I apologize for the phone pictures, but for some reason the game doesn't allow screen shots.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...