News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WotW Event: Summer Scrapyard  (Read 7969 times)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Re: WotW Event: Summer Scrapyard
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2013, 12:19:29 PM »
*DING DING!*  We are now in the last day of the projekt with hours left, so all you who've been sitting down waiting for the last stretch, THIS IS IT!

As of right now, every one of my projekts are fully built (total glue used happens to be 2 1/2 tubes, to attach maybe a pound of plastic) and all of them have a minimum of Primer and basecoat.  Close to the end, but it's gonna be a race and not the easiest one I've done, but I'ma do my best to pull it off, if you want to bet for or against my completion have at it, I'm cautiously optimistic at my chances.  It'd be a cinch if I had the whole day to be busy with minis, but unfortunately I couldn't get the day off and have to jet to work!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
DONE!

OK so here is the finished BW in BW mode:

Some close-ups of the turret and roof which both detach:

But, of course, "normal" mode was only half the reason why I built it. The other half is Da Rok Wagon!   ;D

The lighting/speaker truss is magnetised onto the chassis. The grot-mixing-desk-turret just slots into place.

Da Rokkers themselves:

And the Grot in his sound booth (complete with faders which are pretty much all at maximum):

I'm not going to be cheeky enough to try and claim that I painted two vehicles since only one of them has any purpose in-game...
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2013, 06:10:23 PM »
Cheesy:  Those are awesome!  I love the rock wagon!  I wish my mind worked like that sometimes...

Alas...I know I'm not going to get done in the scant 8 hours til midnight...I'm still at work, on break and posting...good thing I'm a state employee, too much work to get rid of on short notice...anyway, here's some pics of my progress, and of course, I'll take the hit on teeth; it's only fair...

The quad rotates, has a gunner, and I'm working on the grot spotter as well:
both vehicles waiting for more bitz:

more detail:

my junka, sans plates on the outside.  I've left space inside to add a KFF or SAG as needed.

aerial view of the junka.

view of my turbo charged engine fixin's

view of plates...not enough rivets...but it's takin shape

plate work on junka...needs rivets...

plate work w/battle damage to junka and plates...just a thought...

That's about it.  I really need to finish these and get them primed and painted.  I am disappointed with my progress and work through this month...oh well, a learning experience and one that I appreciate being able to work through.  I'll give more attention to my projects in future, probably concentrate more on my infantry based models.

Here's hopin' I can get something actually done!
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2013, 11:34:18 PM »
Ok time to post up what i finished,  burna boyz and tank bustas.....

Burna Boyz....

Tank Bustas w/ squigs...

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #44 on: August 1, 2013, 11:52:48 AM »
Frustration is at peak!  So yes I did finish my project before deadline (10:30 actually), took the photos, put them on photobucket, and the site here wouldn't work! (I swear I didn't cheat, if I had they'd be better photos than ones quickly taken to get it online)  Now this morning I have tried but the computer refuses to turn on, so this is my 7th attempt at typing this over the smartphone, and photobucket over the phone is a joke.  Forgive my frustration, there are 3 nice completed pics, I'm just having technical difficulty.

Peace
~OD
« Last Edit: August 1, 2013, 12:10:42 PM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #45 on: August 1, 2013, 01:01:28 PM »
Congrats on getting finish OD. I have to admit when you said you were yet to put paint on anything a few days ago I had pretty much given up hope of seeing you finish.  Kudos to you for managing so epic a feat of speed painting.

AoD Great Burna Boyz.  Solid paint job really like your scheme. I dont remember seeing anything else of your army but if its anything like these I know it looks great.  Also no fair I want a big mob of Tankbustas too!!

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #46 on: August 2, 2013, 03:49:40 AM »
@Ork E Nuff - those vehicles are looking great! Get on and finish them so we can see the completed articles  :)

@AOD - I had to look quite closely to spot some of your konversion work, it's seamless. Great job! Needs more squigz though  ;)

@OD - ah the joys of technology. If you say you finished, we believe you! And I'll be the first to request close-up pics when you can (assuming you haven't destroyed your tech-devices in rage in the meantime...)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #47 on: August 2, 2013, 10:52:02 AM »
Cheesey; great looking concert wagon. Makes me want to try one as well.

AOD; Love those burnas, and the tank bustas are good too. Are they the metal or the resin ones?

OD: Good job on those models, I understand your frustration with the tech, happens to me a lot too.

Ork E Nuff; Those vehicles are looking pretty darn good. are you going to paint them red? ;)

Congrats to all, and to all a big "Waaaagh!!"
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #48 on: August 2, 2013, 12:24:44 PM »
AOD; Love those burnas, and the tank bustas are good too. Are they the metal or the resin ones?

It is a set of the old metal ones, plus a few rokkit boyz, and one konverted using nob bitz the other using a biker boy and other bits. 

Thanks everyone.   It looks like we had a pretty good month overall.  Great work

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #49 on: August 8, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »
Apologies for being so absent and late on another response, I just got me a new computer (my boss convinced/pressured me into a Mac since "well that's what we all use at the office, and you'll learn faster if you work on one at home")

So full report of participants (and please let me know if I get anything wrong, I'm not perfect after all)

Projektz Participants and their Pledges
-V- :  Kan Painting, FW Trukk, Loot buggies, 4 Grot Tanks, Mekboss Buzzgob [MISSION ACCOMPLISHED]
AoD : Burna Painting, Tankbusta Painting, Bomb Squig Painting [MISSION ACCOMPLISHED], Dakkajet [INC]
adam : FightaBomma Painting [INC]
OD : AoBR Boyz squad, Warboss, Kopta, 2 Mekboyz, 6 SAGs, 2 Big Trakks [MISSION ACCOMPLISHED]
Skeetergod: Konverted Klawstompa [MISSION ACCOMPLISHED]
Ork E Nuff: konverted flakk trukk, konverted junka [INC]
CheesyRobMan: Goff Rocker Wagon [MISSION ACCOMPLISHED]

Let me know if I've miss labeled anything, everyone's teef will be coming out shortly, I kinda have to bash them out of the heads of a couple Bad Moon Gitz.

I also feel the need to say the following...

"WOWZA!!! YEOA!!!  AWESOME!!!!"
These words describe how I feel about everybody's projekts, we all scrapped by to get our Summer Scrap projects done, and it's hard.  Everyone deserves a hand for their hard work (and if you're really interested I'm sure a painboy will be along shortly to deliver).

I hate to judge, but I'm really torn between Cheesy's Rocker Wagon and Skeetergod's Stompa as to what this event's coolest model built and painted during this event.  They're both insanely cool!

oh and before I forget
I'll be the first to request close-up pics when you can (assuming you haven't destroyed your tech-devices in rage in the meantime...)
I'll try to get a couple snapshots in before rehearsal for my next show (any requests as to what?).  I didn't destroy any tech devices, but I almost killed my roommate when I discovered she swept all the minis off the table into a box, which always causes some breaks, missing pieces, and paint chips despite the sealant (but that last part is really my fault as I know I need to do two coats of sealant).

Peace
~OD

Post Script: again apologies for the delay, but there is no way I'm trying to type on the phone ever again

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
OK, the teef have been handed out by da boss:

-V- :  Kan Painting, FW Trukk, Loot buggies, 4 Grot Tanks, Mekboss Buzzgob [MISSION ACCOMPLISHED]
100 teef

AoD : Burna Painting, Tankbusta Painting, Bomb Squig Painting [MISSION ACCOMPLISHED], Dakkajet [INC]
88 teef - INC Dakkajet paint [-5 teef]

adam : FightaBomma Painting [INC]
-5 teef

OD : AoBR Boyz squad, Warboss, Kopta, 2 Mekboyz, 6 SAGs, 2 Big Trakks [MISSION ACCOMPLISHED]
100 teef

Skeetergod: Konverted Klawstompa [MISSION ACCOMPLISHED]
50 teef

Ork E Nuff: konverted flakk trukk, konverted junka [INC]
-10 teef

CheesyRobMan: Goff Rocker Wagon [MISSION ACCOMPLISHED]
50 teef

The teef have been added to your bank accounts (or deducted) and you will see the results on the next bank account update.

Congrats to all for a good time and some good models. For those of you who were just lurking, make plans to join in on the next one (coming soon).
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak