News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Wych Cult Help!  (Read 331 times)

Offline Angel of Damnation

• I'm a llama!
Wych Cult Help!
« on: March 24, 2004, 03:09:47 PM »
Well, i havn't really got anything to paint or model just now, and i want a decently painted army done up for tournaments etc.  So i decided i'd do a smallish Wych Cult army while I get all my idea's gathered for a big showcaseish army. 

Now i dont have the Dark Eldar codex yet, and so im having to rely on Games Workshop's army builder (terrifying thought , i know).  Because im going to have to order it off the net, I want to order more than just the codex in the first go to make it worth-while. 

So can anyone tell me what I should get along with the codex on the first buying session?

I want it to be very mobile, so I was thinking a raider for every single squad.  And maybe the Archite/Drachite be mounted on a jetbike on their own to backup area's of need.  But I've never played against dark eldar, let alone played with them, so can you give my suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Offline syth773

Re: Wych Cult Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 04:57:54 PM »
in a fast wytch cult army i sugest 3-4 raiders full of wytches (and an archite in one) and 1-3 ravagers as heavy support.  that's really all you need for a basic army, at least in my experience

Offline Domina Perpetua

• Smurf Killa 4 Life
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 01:32:59 PM »
Just for starters, I would suggest, 1 raider, 10 wyches w/ a Succubus, a pack of 5 Warp Beasts w/ a tender, and a Lelith model to use as a Archite or as Lelith , whatever you want.

As you expand I suggest goung in chunks of 10 wyches in a raider, wyches w/ out a raider are just a waste of points as they will NEVER get into HtH.

Offline Arch Angel

• hehehe
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 02:54:26 PM »
Well having one of my own I know you need at least 3 raiders with 2 wych squads and a Lelith for a leader with a squad of wyches with her. Then like the last guy a few ravagers do help. :)
ORK POWER!!!!!!

It may take only 20 orks to screw in a light bulb and about 40 lightbulbs for each ork but in the end it works!!!