News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330708 times)

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters
« Reply #1760 on: March 17, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »
That photo is cools heck Cav. Love it.

Also, congrats on getting a writing spot over at Frontline; having read the article, I think it's a winning start to the journey. Well written and well reasoned. Nice stuff!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #1761 on: March 17, 2018, 06:15:34 PM »
@Seeking One- Thanks bud! Hope you enjoyed the article  ;D ;D ;D

@Irisado- Thanks Irisado. The situation with the Hawk Exarch is a real throw back problem. It sure was a heartbreaker to lose the game that way. But I'm just glad we had such a good time. Yeah I knew the situation was SUPER dire T1 + T2 but I'm glad I was able to claw back into the game and give a good accounting of myself. Glad you enjoyed the bat-rep and thanks as always Irisado. Always look forward to your feedback!

@Looshkin- Thanks so much bud. Really appreciate you taking the time to read the article and I'm super glad you like it. it truly means a lot. I've got some good ones coming up that I did a lot of research for. A lot of involved points comparisons... hopefully I'll get my math right going forward in these dang bat-reps!!!!!!! lol. Thanks as always my friend.

@Everybody- Got a good update coming for you guys soon. The last Eldar update for awhile (this time I mean it! lol) but its a good one. Also dont want to overhype it but I'm super stoked about the next episode of Splintermind. It involves the forum directly so stay tuned for that! Anyway guys thanks so much for all the awesome feedback and stay tuned, I'm got some good stuff coming soon.

Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #1762 on: March 18, 2018, 04:54:19 AM »
G'day, Cav!
Have only just made it back into town so haven't had the chance to read your report... YET! Just wanted to take this opportunity to congratulate you on this major achievement. Your determination toward our hobby is paying off. Cannot describe just how happy I am for you. Well, bloody done, mate... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1763 on: March 20, 2018, 02:06:49 PM »
@Saim-Dann- Hey Dan thanks so much man. I always truly look forward to your awesome feedback and find it very encouraging. Thanks as always my friend I hope you enjoy the bat-rep and I hope you like the articles too. Cheers Pointy Ears!

@Everyone- Well guys things have been a bit crazy lately but I managed to get some good painting in before my next batch of commissions arrive. First off got my Wave Serpent for my Umbral Watchers finished up.

Really happy with how it came out. I applied the new style that I've been doing my gems since painting up Prince Y'riel on this Wave Serpent and I'm happy with the results.

Its crazy but its like I have 2 Eldar armies now... but I'm couldn't be more stoked! 

Also FINALLY finished up this final piece of Eldar terrain... which is honestly my favorite between the two.

Can't tell you how happy I am that I added these things to my collection. I've got definite plans to get other xenos wilderness kits that accompany them... Really should look ace when all is said and done.

Can't wait to see how my brother sets up the terrain and does all the scatter bits around them because he does it far better than I do. Anyway hope you guys enjoy the photos. Stay tuned and talk soon!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:11:04 PM by Cavalier »

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #1764 on: March 20, 2018, 02:50:27 PM »
That's absolutely lovely work mate :) And so wonderfully inspiring too! I just have to put everything aside and get to my painting desk right now.
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #1765 on: March 20, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »
Outstanding work on the terrain and on the Wave Serpent.  The work that you do with black and red is incredible.  The terrain, furthermore, looks so authentic and well-suited to your model collection.  Such impressive work and commitment to all your projects :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #1766 on: March 20, 2018, 10:01:50 PM »
Great work Cav!
I love the group pic of the Serpent with the Hornets and Crimson Hunters, they all look so good together!
Also love what you've done with the terrain, I'm genuinely considering picking some up after seeing what you've done with them.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1767 on: March 21, 2018, 06:59:00 AM »
@SeekingOne- Thanks so much man. Trust me the feeling is mutual... when I saw those Shining Spears you did I nearly lost my mind. Guess what my next project is for my Eldar???  ;D ;D ;D Thanks bud!

@Irisado- Thanks Irisado. Really glad you like the Serpent, it was a lot of fun to work on. I'm really happy with how the new technique on the spirit stones jives with my painting style. I'm actually really studying the 'Eavy Metal showcases in my codices for cool techniques to try. Really happy you like the terrain too. I know how much of an Eldar purist you are (and that is a good thing!) so I'm really glad you think it works. I've had a lot of fun working on the terrain and want to do a whole lot more in the future. There are some additional pieces and alternate boards I want to do, and might even get the Eldar themed gaming mat from Frontline to top it all off as it matches my scenery really well. Anyway thanks a lot Irisado I appreciate it!

@Auric's Pride- Hey thanks so much brother. I'm so stoked on my Alaitoc wing... like I said I now have an entirely new Eldar army! Its nuts! Yet I'm returning to the Lions of Asuryan really soon. Like I mentioned to Seeking One I'm gonna build up a Saim-Hann themed wing (or perhaps Y'nnari) with more Scatter Bikes and finishing my Shining Spears and Jetbike Autarch.

Also thanks so much about the terrain. My next article from Frontline Gaming is all about this terrain so hopefully that'll push you over the edge!

Hope all is going well with your projects. Let me know if you need any additional bits info on that DE unit you are working on. I'm always game for brainstorming. Thanks so much my friend. Talk soon!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1768 on: March 26, 2018, 11:42:47 PM »
Holy kalidascope Cav. You've been really busy. I'm so glad you have achieved such great things, ones I wish I could've strive for. Sorry I haven't been around here much lately. Love the reports and the painting, I really need to find time. Keep things going strong.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1769 on: March 28, 2018, 06:28:10 PM »
Love all of the terrain Cav. I had no idea how big the rune terrain actually is. As you say, the box makes it appear to be the size of a normal model. Maybe a Wraithguard...but it's freaking huge!

Anyway, all the terrain looks absolutely amazing and that Air wing is really nice and imposing. Another fine update Cav!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1770 on: April 1, 2018, 02:59:06 PM »
@Dread- Hey bud, thanks so much. Yeah its been really gratifying to see people enjoy all my 40k stuff as much as they have. Especially awesome doing the playtesting... so thanks a lot my friend. Glad you enjoyed the recent progress and bat-reps its been a lot of fun. So thanks a million man I always appreciate it.

@Looshkin- Hey Loosh! Thanks my man. Glad you like the terrain, it adds so much to the board. Especially the Saim-Hann glyph. I love that piece. So thanks as always my friend and thanks for dropping a line on FLG I appreciate it!!!!

@Everybody- Wow... I know I've been away for awhile but damn have I been busy. Cranked through ANOTHER Y'nnari triumvirate, Celestine and her Gemenae and a bunch of other stuff. Also recorded a couple podcasts most importantly the beginning of our Codex: Drukhari review. If you are at all interested in what our involvement was like and some of the big important changes in the dex, please check it out!

I've been so freaking stoked that I've decided to go back to my Dark Eldar and complete the re-paint that I started with my Wyches and Reavers... time for the Kabalites to get some love!

Here is an old Warrior that needs another arm...

And here are some Warriors that were still unassembled from AGES ago. These must be over 5 years old at this point and I didnt even know I had them.

So the goal is to get a Battalion of Warriors in Venoms... so I gotta repaint 10 and start fresh on 5 more. Luckily I've got the Blasters for each squad so they'll be good to go. Then I'm gonna add another unit of Wyches and 6 more Reavers and my Dark Eldar will be at full strength.

Whats so great about this is that at the end of the process... I'll have a battalion of Craftworld with Guardians, Rangers, Corsairs with Skyreavers and now Dark Eldar. That only leaves Harlies and the cycle will be complete!

Lastly I'm working on a cool commission which the client has given me latitude to paint in my own variant scheme. Check it out!

Its not much to write home about at this point... but the combo of pink horror and cadian flesh will look cool when I'm done. Anyway hope you guys enjoyed. Remember to check out the podcast if you are interested and stay tuned more exciting stuff coming soon!!!!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1771 on: April 1, 2018, 05:32:13 PM »
Very jealous Cav; that Morathi figure is one that I'd give my left nut to be able to paint. She is helluva cool. Really looking forward to your take on her...the fact that you've already gone straight to the pink gets me excited in frankly sexual ways. Looking so cool already!!

As for the Corsairs? How on Earth can you lose models like that?? It's not like you have kids to randomly hide them (Hasn't happened to me yet, but I'm sure it will!). So cool that you'll soon have totally finished DE, Corsair and Craftworld Eldar.

And Harlequins? Get on it Cav, I'd LOVE to see what you do with those guys! You're killing it asa ever bud!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1772 on: April 5, 2018, 03:07:00 PM »
@Looshkin- Thanks so much bud. Yeah Morathii was a joy to paint. SUPER easy actually... way easier than I thought she'd be. I find Celestine (I just painted another) and infinitely greater challenge. The sculpting on this was insane. Nice deep details so the paint can really get in there. Glad you like the pinks too, once the client agreed to that I knew I was in good shape cause thats a secret weapon I really like to bust out. Highlighting Khorne Red with Pink Horror totally subverts the paint scheme.

Also yeah about the Warriors... I got them at the end of 5th edition and so I lost motivation to paint them when the 6th edition Eldar dex dropped. I was even further demotivated after the DE dex dropped for 7th... so they just sat in the bits bin... but now they are back! And I couldn't be happier. I feel like I'm really gonna get a "true" Corsair vibe with these guys back at battalion strength. I'm actually gonna write an article about going for a mixed faction Eldar army using Warriors as the backbone at battalion strength.... Anyway thanks bud appreciate it. Also yes! Harlies will enter the fray... getting some practice on them with the Harlie masked Warrior I've got in the squad. Thanks as always Loosh!

@Everybody- So guys I managed to finish up Morathii super quick. Was a way easier task than I though which was good. Really happy the client gave me the latitude to take some liberties with the scheme. Gotta say I think I prefer it to the GW. Humble I know!  ::)

Also managed to get some paint on my warriors. Did a little bit more after I took this picture... but they are coming along nicely. Can't wait to get these guys on the tabletop! Trying a new approach with them with a deep darker, more gritty paint job on the armor. Should be nice.

Anyway hope you enjoy.... Should have a bat-rep coming soon. Been so busy with the podcast, writing duties, commission painting and a crazy life, but I'm gonna make time for games next week. So stay tuned. Alright guys take care and talk soon.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1773 on: April 5, 2018, 05:08:41 PM »
Great job on Morathii. The green is also a nice touch over GW's black, I'm sure the red skirt will pop way better from the back on this one.

Would love to get my hands on the mini-Morathii as an exodite character :)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1774 on: April 5, 2018, 07:24:04 PM »
That Morathi is magnificent and glorious :), great work!!! Is she going to be leading some Daughters of Khaine into battle or is she a stand-in for an eldar faction?
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1775 on: April 6, 2018, 03:26:21 AM »
I love that Morathi Cav! The green is an absolute hit and really balances the model so well. I genuinely prefer this colour scheme to the GW version. Everything is so clean and perfect...I think this may just be my favourite model that you've painted. So, so good.

Out of interest, I love how you did the stone...what colours/techniques did you use please?

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #1776 on: April 6, 2018, 06:39:58 AM »
@Magenb- Hey Mage thanks man. Yeah I was thrilled the client let me do the more green snakey type look on her. I've fallen in love with Stegadon Scale and Kabalite Green. Amazing colors... GW's range of "almost black" colors like Eshin Grey, Dryad Bark and Stegadon Scale are amazing and make my life so much simpler. Yeah I'm gonna rock those mini-Morathii as Sslyth! Anyway thanks Mage!

@MyenTal- Hey MyenTal thanks for stopping by! Thanks for the kind words on Morathii. Sadly she's a commission. I wish she was mine! While I was painting her I was trying to figure away to get her into my army as is... if I did... It'd probably be as a counts-as Y'ncarne. She is absolutley huge. Probably the size of a Wraithknight... actually a Wraithknight might be a good stand-in for her! But like I mentioned to Mage I'm gonna get those mini-Morathii as Sslyth for my Dark Eldar. They'll by my-counts Y'vraine's dedicated bodyguard. Anyway thanks MytenTal hope to see you down here in the project logs!

@Looshkin- Wow thanks Loosh, really means a lot man. So thanks for that. I gotta say I prefer this scheme too... the added green makes her more snakey. As for the stone, its super easy. Super strong Celestra Grey, Nuln Oil then Seraphim Sepia works like a charm! Anyway thanks so much Loosh, the praise means a lot coming from you. Take care bud and thanks!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1777 on: April 6, 2018, 10:57:44 AM »
Sweet merciful Eldrad. Another holiday and I come back to Yriel, a Gav Thorpe interview, a stunning Avatar, the best painted eldar terrain I've ever seen and a freaking Morathi!

I can only reiterate: when do you sleep Cav?

Awesome stuff :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1778 on: April 6, 2018, 10:17:00 PM »
They'll by my-counts Y'vraine's dedicated bodyguard. Anyway thanks MytenTal hope to see you down here in the project logs!

Maybe sometime this year I'll put something up ;D. I still have ambitions on getting a new Gaming PC built this year... so I guess it's a matter of priorities for me :P. Thanks for the warm welcome!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #1779 on: April 7, 2018, 08:21:40 AM »
not sure how I missed it the first time, but that hex gem over the decal on the wave serpent... soo, soo, sweet. Is that a touch of white paint on the black side of the gems on the wave serpent blades or did you put a gloss on it?
« Last Edit: April 7, 2018, 08:27:50 AM by magenb »