News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000pts. experience building list  (Read 551 times)

Offline Shinrathir

1000pts. experience building list
« on: August 16, 2008, 09:21:03 PM »
Okay... I'm pretty excited because I got in my first actual game with my Eldar today and managed to pull out a draw against Black Templars (although... I think I can claim a moral victory as at about turn 4 the Emperor's Champion took his Crusader squad and ran to the opposite end of the board refusing to fight the rest of my army!)

I fielded the following:

83pts. Farseer: Doom, Singing Spear

155pts. 7 x Striking Scorpions + Exarch (Scorpions Claw)

131pts. 5 x Dragons + Exarch (Fire Pike, Tank Hunters)

162 pts. 9 x Dire Avengers + Exarch (Power Weapon, Shimmering Shield, Bladestorm)

162 pts. 9 x Dire Avengers + Exarch (Power Weapon, Shimmering Shield, Bladestorm)

174pts. 5 x Warp Spider + Exarch (Spinneret Rifle, Powerblades, Withdraw)

130pts. Falcom: Scatter Laser

I noticed that while my units performed well... with one unit of Avengers hanging back around my objective alongside my Scorpions and the Farseer (it was capture and control)... I never really got my whole force ino the game as these units only entered play on turn 6 while the Avengers actually did nothing at all (and I still mauled his army... ;D).

I was thinking of modifying the list for the next time I play... and bearing in mind there seems to be an outrageous amount of MEQ in this gaming group... I came up with the following:

83pts. Farseer: Doom, Singing Spear

150pts. 7 x Howling Banshees + Exarch (Executioner)

131pts. 5 x Dragons + Exarch (Fire Pike, Tank Hunters)

162 pts.  9 x Dire Avengers + Exarch (Power Weapon, Shimmering Shield, Bladestorm)

135 pts. 10 x Guardians + Warlock (Embolden); Starcannon

207pts.  4 x Dark Reapers + Exarch (Tempest Launcher, Crack Shot)

130pts. Falcom: Scatter Laser

Total: 998pts.

I'll regret the loss of the Spiders (they actually perfored quite well despite my inability to make a single armor save)... but I think the Reapers will be able to help me out a little more and the Star Cannon on the Guardians will allow me to sit them on the objective and still contribute to the game.  The Banshees should be able to back up my Avengers better than the Scorpions... and hopefully... if I play them a little better... my Dragons won't be a one hit wonder!

I guess what I'm looking to find out though... is this list solid enough for building up some experience with my units... or are there areas of significant weakness that need addressing.  I know I'm going to lose as many (or more!) battles as I win while I'm learning...  I just don't want the list I'm fielding to be holding me back any more than is strictly necessary.  Let me know what you think.
If knowledge is power, then to be unknowable is to be unconquerable.