News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Craftworld Nebula blog  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Craftworld Nebula blog
« on: November 12, 2014, 10:48:44 PM »
Now after over 20 years of using my red, yellow, white and black cracked look (craftworld Kurom Kiam) I wanted a change. So talking with Cavilier, I pitched an idea that I wanted to try. So, this craftworld is splintered off from Saim Hann which I will create fluff for later. It will either be called Nebula Riders or Wake Angels, I'll figure that out later.

I started with an idea which started here:

And then the air brushing began:

And now before trim painting:

All the weaponry and arrays will be blacked out and the spirit stones will be done in red or green, not sure which yet, possibly blue.

So now it has begun, I will post as progress continues.

Soon after I posted the first pics, I realized I wasn't just real happy with the paint so I got another Falcon out and did this:

I really like this one better and also have a comparison of them. Please feel free to make suggestions, this old dog has a hard time with new tricks but I felt like I needed to come up with a fresh idea. Thanks
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:28:32 AM by Dread »
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Sparto

Re: Craftworld Nebula blog
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 03:51:32 AM »
Looks amazing ... liked the first one, but I see what you mean the 2nd one does look better.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 11:04:46 AM »
I prefer the first one. For my tastes the second one is too bright and once you have painted the trim I imagine it might look even brighter. Also I really like the flare (star) effect that you painted on the first one.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 06:57:40 AM »
Damn man that was fast! Your airbrush kung-fu is strong!  :P I love em both! This is gonna look very good on the tabletop. Not too crazy on either end. Can't believe how fast your blasted through these... as for the fluff go Corsair you wont regret it!  8)
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 10:33:34 AM »
 ;) Thanks guys. Had the wind taken outta my sails right now, came down with the flu I think. I will continue and post asap.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 05:52:17 PM »
Ok so let's make things clear i am an easily impressed  person. Yet i have to say your work is simply as astonishing as ever. You  all veteran of the game and the painting, you all just stun me in admiration every time you post a new piece. Let me please thank you for that. 

Next is i prefer the first one ^^ yet if i were to say what make me chose it over the other is the fact that he is darker  than the second one. Next is that he have a major problem  in my opinion he have a major trouble and it's  the red on the uper part. That is what  give me the feeling it is not as cool as it could have been. Pretty awezome still.

Keep up the hard work :)
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014, 07:21:01 PM »
Spectacular work Dread. Boy effects are really impressive, but I think I prefer the first one better (the tank on the right). It's just more subtle and you can really appreciate the star effects.

Which isn't to say the second Falcon isn't nice, it's just a little more in your face and I hick the celestial look is somewhat lost.

That said, you're pretty much asking me if I'd rather bang Mila Kunis or Kaley Cuoco. Either one is a massive win.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2015, 09:27:07 PM »
And if you scroll down, you'll see my farseer.

Now I just need to name him, hmm?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:25:25 AM by Dread »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #8 on: March 3, 2015, 12:18:04 AM »
Sorry I haven't posted anything more here yet. I just had cancer surgery 2 weeks ago and am now getting back on my feet. Painting will resume hopefully this weekend and games in the next few weeks. Thanks

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: March 3, 2015, 10:15:27 AM »
No need to apologies Dread sounds like you had a good reason. Now that you are recuperating though I expect to see daily updates.
Have you decided the Craftworlds & Farseer's name yet?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #10 on: March 3, 2015, 12:19:56 PM »
That's good to know your are back on your feet  or should be soon, not that i knew that you were not though.

I'm really looking forward to see more of this craftworld armie, because as far as i can see... it is really gorgeous :D
Keep up the good work ^^ let me see your airbrushing technic!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member