News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Craftworld Eldar Codex vs the newest Eldar Codex  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Mortal Flesh

• For the CRAFTWORLD!
Craftworld Eldar Codex vs the newest Eldar Codex
« on: January 31, 2010, 07:21:33 AM »
Hello, I just take my Craftworld codex from a bookshelf and actually read it (ive never played any certain craftworld, Ive used common Codex rules) and my (myaby noob) Q is how and even if the Craftworld Codex works now with new Eldar codex. When there are some rules from Craftworld Codex in Eldar Codex, but not all of them, such as Young Kings, etc.

My point is, can I play for examaple Young Kings with new Exarch's rules (point values,etc) or i cant? And how about army lists of Craftworlds (such as in B-T craftworld Spiders, Banshees, .. are troops and guardians, rangers, .. are elite).

And final Q, if can i use army list B-T for example, with rangers like Elite choice, can they be Pathfinders like it is in normal Eldar Codex?

Offline Iram

Re: Craftworld Eldar Codex vs the newest Eldar Codex
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 07:40:34 AM »
To answer your question: You may as well trash Codex: Craftworld Eldar now.
... New Codex.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 08:22:40 AM »
To provide a more substantial answer to your question, Codex Craftworld Eldar was a third edition supplement, so it is not compatible with the current Eldar Codex, ergo it cannot be used (unless you come to some sort of house rule agreement with your opponent).

This is not to say, however, that you cannot still use Craftworld themed armies, as this can easily be achieved with current codex, but it's just that certain units, such as the Court of the Young King, no longer exist in terms of putting together an army list.

I hope that clarifies the situation for you.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Mortal Flesh

• For the CRAFTWORLD!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »
I thought so but I wanted ask anyway.. for sure :) .. Thanks for your posts.

Offline neverXmore

• I *LOVE* 40k Online! I really do.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »
Talk with your opponents though. They may be cool with it.
Also, there are Apocalype formations for the Court and the Seer Council, aren't there? Play a game with some mates where you each get a formation or something ...

So sad but true.
I don't want to seem rude but if I wanted to take part in talking about why the eldar codex needs to be better I'd read pretty much any thread in the Eldar forum.