News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500pt Friendly Battle List  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Zandramaas

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1500pt Friendly Battle List
« on: May 4, 2015, 05:44:05 PM »
So I have arranged a game with a friend to try out the new Codex, and I wanted to get some other opinions on what list I should run.  I have drafted up three lists and I am struggling to decide which I am thinking of gong with. I want the list to be a general all comers list, however I am aware that my friend will be fielding Tau so that is a consideration.

Any comments around which list would be the most viable and any potential changes would be welcome.

List 1: 1501pts

Combined Arms Detatchment 352pts:
Farseer w/ Jetbike, Singing Spear and Spirit Stone of Anath'lan
Warlock w/ Jetbike and Singing Spear
3 Windrider Jetbikes w/ Scatter Lasers
3 Windrider Jetbikes w/ Scatter Lasers

Aspect Host 749pts:
9 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch and Wave Serpent w/ Bright Lance and Shuriken Cannon
9 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch and Wave Serpent w/ Bright Lance and Shuriken Cannon
5 Fire Dragons w/ Exarch and Wave Serpent w/ Bright Lance and Shuriken Cannon

Aspect Host 400pts:
4 Dark Reaper w/ Exarch and Starshot Missiles
6 Swooping Hawks w/ Exarch

List 2 1498pts:

Guardian Battlehost 1000pts:
Farseer w/ Singing Spear and Spirit Stone of Anath'lan
20 Guardians w/ 2 EML and Warlock w/ Singing Spear
10 Guardians w/ EML and Warlock
10 Guardians w/ EML and Warlock
2 Vyper w/ Shuriken Cannon and Starcannon
3 War Walker w/ 6 BL
3 Vaul's Wrath Support Battery w/ 3 Shadow Weaver

Aspect Host 498pts:
5 Fire Dragons w/ Exarch and Wave Serpent w/ Bright Lance and Shuriken Cannon

List 3: 1498pts

Guardian Battlehost 1010pts
Farseer w/ Spirit Stone of Anath'lan
20 Guardians w/ 2 EML and Warlock
10 Guardians w/ EML and Wave Serpent w/ Bright Lance and Shuriken Cannon
10 Guardians w/ EML and Wave Serpent w/ Bright Lance and Shuriken Cannon
1 Vyper w/ 2 Shuriken Cannon
2 War Walker w/ 4 BL
2 Vaul's Wrath Support Battery w/ 2 Shadow Weaver

Aspect Host 488pts
5 Fire Dragons w/ Exarch and Wave Serpent w/ Bright Lance (no Shuriken Cannon)
« Last Edit: May 5, 2015, 06:54:01 PM by Zandramaas »

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
Re: 1500pt Friendly Battle List
« Reply #1 on: May 4, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »
I think List 1 looks a bit spammy, double Avengers and Double Reapers, then triple Serpents. If you want to try out the new codex I think you need to take as many different units as possible. I think List 3 looks best, however I'd like to suggest you consider a couple of tweaks for it:
-Drop 1 cannon from the Vyper.
+Add a Third Walker.
-Drop one Vauls wrath support battery.
-Drop the lance on the Dragon Serpent.
+Add one more Dark Reaper with starshot missiles.

This will Ld-test optimis the Reapers and the Dragon serpent will still be a very desirable target, so I'd keep it cheap. You will loose a couple of shadow weavers though, whitch I think may be very good against Tau. Blinding them with barrage is nice, since Tau relies heavily on shooting.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: May 4, 2015, 10:52:33 PM »
All of the lists seems fine to me - try them at all some point. I would suggest trying one of the warhosts before the CAD just to see if that type of list works for you. I'm finding the bonuses not particularly useful in the long run considering the units I'm forced into. I would rather take other options to my personal preference.

The warlock in the first list seems pointless by himself. Remember they're not ICs and can't be attached to units from a conclave anymore. You have to purchase warlocks directly from the various guardian unit entries now, not split them from a lump warlock group.

Offline Zandramaas

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: May 5, 2015, 04:04:55 AM »
@Fenris
I do agree that list one was more spammy. I was originally going I base it off a windrider host but I don't have the losers currently. 

I had not considered LD tests on the reapers, that's a berry good point thanks, I'll look to add one more.

I'm unsure about the third walker. I love war walker but I much prefer squads of two. Three is often overkill and with them being so squishy having all three as one target makes them much more vulnerable. I'll consider it though as with te guaranteed 6 inch run they will be able to hide a lot more efficiently.

In terms of the shadow weaver, there are two profiles in the codex, one the same as he old one (at the back in the summary stats bit) and one with ap3 and blind. I am leaving towards the one at the back as it has the monofilament rule which makes sense.

@partninja
I am hoping to try them all at some point. I was just wondering which I should start with.

In terms of the warlock he is an upgrade for one of the windrider squads not a conclave. Sorry that wasn't clear, I seperated him out points wise as it helped me figure out whether to include it not.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #4 on: May 5, 2015, 05:16:41 AM »
You are right, (I just noticed) there is an error in the shadow weaver profile, but I think it's a copy paste error in the first instance, since the shadow weaver is the second entry just like the sunrifle is the second entry and it has the same profile as the sunrifle except for range. All other monofilament weapons seem to have about the same strength, so I am betting on the old profile to be the correct one.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2015, 05:17:45 AM by Fenris »
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.