News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Poll

Which Cult Terminater is the most effective all around?

Plague Marine Terminater
7 (50%)
Thousand Son Terminater
1 (7.1%)
Berzerker Terminater
4 (28.6%)
Noise Marine Terminater
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Most effective Cult Terminater  (Read 4271 times)

Offline LordMinkie

• Fear the Wrath of the one known as Sephiroth!
Re:Most effective Cult Terminater
« Reply #20 on: August 8, 2002, 12:03:21 PM »
A question about the mark of nurgle...
I'm personally fine with that rule about the insta-kill at str8 or higher applying to the termies, and especially the plague marines. Because str 8 and 9 usually wound anyways. And since both the Nurgle Termies and the Plague Marines only have one wound it really doesn't matter. But that's not my question.

My question is that does it apply to the Chaos Lord? The only model that actually has more than one wound. The only model where that clarification would matter. Because with out an invulnerable save the Chaos Lord can be lame-killed by a lascannon no problem.

Ok. Sorry about that.
'I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save the species.
I wanted to open up the dump valves on oil tankers and smother those french beaches I'd never see.
I wanted to breathe smoke.'
- Edward Norton, Fight Club

'How can you shoot women and children?' 'Easy, you just don't lead em' as much.' -Crazy Helicopter Gunner, Full Metal Jacket

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #21 on: August 8, 2002, 12:09:03 PM »
A fine question, Lord Minkie...although it should probably be in its own thread.

Here's the answer (in two parts):
1) If you Chaos Lord is caught in the open, by himself, without cover and is hit by a lascannon -- he deserves to die. Never leave your valuable Lord open to that kind of damage...stick him in a squad!
2) Yes, IF your Lord is slammed in the chest by a powerfist or nailed in the face by a meltablast, he is TOAST. The Mark of Nurgle is an add on, like a Space Marine Bike, and therefore does not count. Anything that is Strength 8 or higher will blow him to pieces. In the same vein, a character with the Mark of Khorne and a powerfist will only have Strength 9, not 10, because the bonus is added after the powerfist increase.

Offline Dark Nick

• quote "ALL IS DUST"
« Reply #22 on: August 8, 2002, 11:01:07 PM »
I'm still waiting on sparq to share his Berzerker and Plague Terminator comparisions.