News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: UK: 7th 40kOnline Tournament RESULTS  (Read 61800 times)

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
    • Bracknell Forest Gamers
yes it was 22 - fumes from the modellin the snowfor GD have got to me :)
but it's now23 as Bill booked

I agree with CS - LOS (common sense) else all those SM back banners are going along with my dioramed model jumping over obstacles , and in comes all those camo cloaked ground hugging kommando style hunched figures
++ here whats that lump of painted green stuff/blob with an ead ?

it's my Mega Armoured Warboss croutching down andtying his shoelace :)++
Bagpipe's are not deadly weapons !. Well it depend who's playing them ! ;)
Bracknell Forest GamersThe Gaming Club Network - GAME ON ![/B]
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
I've updated the first post list to show our newest attendees... and show that we now only have 7 places left open.

at this point, i want to just confirm the time to start - we are looking at a 9:00am start right!? (Dan / Erriond)... so that means that the first game is to start at that time - in order to help things go smoothly we would want everyone there and raring to go at least 15mins prior... so grab your morning coffees...

Dan - have you guys got set up organised? I volunteer Erriond to head down early to give you a hand if you need it!

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Also what happens if someone fields models deliberately to aid LOS such as whole squad kneeling etc????

They get the piss taken out of them forever and are branded a failure of epic proportions.

I seriously doubt that it would really happen, just like how no-one really builds battlewagons 1" long and 24" wide so they can rotate 90 degrees and assualt of the side that is now in the enemy deployment zone on turn one. The whole "OMG models all all be lying down hugging their arms! 40K is ruined!" is nothing but scaremongering... no different from the crying that occoured when 4th edition came out...
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Hawaiian Zombie

• What's worse then zombies? Zombies on fire!
  • Armies: Necrons, Tau, Crimson Fists
Dan - have you guys got set up organised? I volunteer Erriond to head down early to give you a hand if you need it!

Careful now your risking directly affecting what time I have to wake up in the morning  >:(
I'm going to tell you what I tell every Dark Angels player. Keep your awesome models and your great background, accept that GW secretly hates you and just play with the rules from the new dex

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
yes it was 22 - fumes from the modellin the snowfor GD have got to me :)
but it's now23 as Bill booked

I agree with CS - LOS (common sense) else all those SM back banners are going along with my dioramed model jumping over obstacles , and in comes all those camo cloaked ground hugging kommando style hunched figures
++ here whats that lump of painted green stuff/blob with an ead ?

it's my Mega Armoured Warboss croutching down andtying his shoelace :)++

Banners and stuff aren't affected by the LoS rules anyway.
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
Oink how many of us are going from North London, how many cars do we need (Yes that is a blatant attempt to make you drive... :) I'm really impressed that we have so many confirmed people. Good stuff!

As for true line of sight the rules are pretty clear and pretty good. You draw line of sight from the eyes of the firing model to any part of the body of the target; feet, legs, torso, arms, head. That does not include banner or gun barrel or spiky bits!

The rules also state you get a cover save if even the smallest part of that model is in cover (Just the legs!) as models are assumed to hug the cover. I find that this actually makes kneeling models a disadvantage as you often find your own line of sight obscured as well but there is very little terrain that can hide all of a while squad in this way.

Does that make sense? Hawaiian Zombie and I have found that it is very easy to get a cover save so don't be tooo picky about it, be nice about it and your opponent will extend you the same kindness when its their turn.

While it occurs to me, models that "go to ground" stilll remain standing for line of sight purposes!

Erriond

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
dont worry i will be driving...

i will be picking up josh and his brother from cricklewood and iain from finchley (if he gets back to me!) on teh way - so i wont meet you at yours in the morning... i'll see you at bracknell.

how long does it normally take you to get there - only driven once or twice & i cant remember!!!

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
Painting is going slower than expected... Oink, can Dave borrow a sky ray and 6 pathfinders? You should open "Oink, rent-a-model" Cheers dude.

Erriond

- oh craps - i've spent most of the morning putting together & modifying the Big Tau list & ive clicked the wrong button and deleted half your post! lol... communism at its finest - oink
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 08:47:16 AM by o:nk »

Offline premetheus

• I don't do grammer!
  • Armies: Everything, well not Orks
It was more for the look my guys on a rock / insert suitibly epic pose (jump infanty types) where they end up being 3 inch taller (exageration maybe).

As for set up...my g/f is going somewhere at ridiculous o'clock so i will be there from 7:30 setting up suitible awsome looking boards with what scenary we have, anyone is welcome to join me from then if they are helping out.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
lets get this right this time:

- ah, okay - and they are all painted to damn it.

as for my army - im so agonisingly close to having it all in a finished state!

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
lets get this right this time:

- ah, okay - and they are all painted to damn it.

as for my army - im so agonisingly close to having it all in a finished state!

Wow! Go Oink. Playing with a painted army? I'm amazed. Hopefully the fire prisms and the autarch will be done by today leaving only 9 dire avengers... I will get there...

Offline g00gle5

• Organisers Never Prosper
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I would.
    • Promethean Games
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Necrons, Dark Eldar
Mac's supposed to be picking me up sometime Saturday morning so we will be over there setting boards up.

Rest assured this means I'm there to supervise 'normal' looking boards. I hope.

It's looking like Necrons for me at the moment, but I'm still really not convinced due to the new combat rules and the way my army operates...

Have we decided on a scoring system or are we just going to botch something up in the morning?

Battle Reports | Wargaming Articles | Shop

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
I have a scoring system Google.

We will be playing missions from the book, as they are but holding an objective will give you 300 VPs and each kill point is worth 150VPs

We will play Take Ground (I think that is the mission name, I don't have the book on me, please correct me if I am wrong) all three types of set up and we will play Annihilation using the Pitch Battle deployment . We will be playing the objective missions with 5 objectives (if it was random then it would be unfair) and we won't play the 2 objective missions as it is too easy to force a draw.

Victory points will be used to calculate the victor as per a set system:
A VP difference between players of 150 points or less gives both players 3 tournament points
A VP difference between players of 151-300 points is 4 tournament points for the winner and 2 tournament points for the loser.
A VP difference between players of 301-600 points is a 5 tournament points for the winner and 1 tournament point for the loser.
A VP difference between players of 601+ points is 6 tournament points for the winner and no tournament points for the loser.

This makes it pretty hard to totally wipe the floor with your opponent and VPs will decide places in the case of a draw.

Erriond

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
(psst... Erriond - don't tell him or he'll just gear an army to make th ebest out of the scoring system you decide  -  and dont let him change it part way through the tournament so that i come 5th again...)

Offline Teg

I have a scoring system Google.

We will be playing missions from the book, as they are but holding an objective will give you 300 VPs and each kill point is worth 150VPs

We will play Take Ground (I think that is the mission name, I don't have the book on me, please correct me if I am wrong) all three types of set up and we will play Annihilation using the Pitch Battle deployment . We will be playing the objective missions with 5 objectives (if it was random then it would be unfair) and we won't play the 2 objective missions as it is too easy to force a draw.

Victory points will be used to calculate the victor as per a set system:
A VP difference between players of 150 points or less gives both players 3 tournament points
A VP difference between players of 151-300 points is 4 tournament points for the winner and 2 tournament points for the loser.
A VP difference between players of 301-600 points is a 5 tournament points for the winner and 1 tournament point for the loser.
A VP difference between players of 601+ points is 6 tournament points for the winner and no tournament points for the loser.

This makes it pretty hard to totally wipe the floor with your opponent and VPs will decide places in the case of a draw.

Erriond
Since those values aren't actually tied to real VP, wouldn't it be easier to divide them all by 150?

1pt per KP, 2 per objective.
0-1pt diff  = 3/3tp each
2pts diff= 4/2tp
3-4pts  = 5/1tp
5+pts   = 6/0tp

Easier to understand, I think.

Whether you divide by 150 or not, for objective missions it translates as:
0obj diff = 3/3tp
1obj diff = 4/2tp
2objs diff = 5/1tp
3+objs diff = 6/0tp

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
    • Bracknell Forest Gamers

Wow! Go Oink. Playing with a painted army? I'm amazed.

it does mean that i will lose all my games immediately...  :'(
Oink

how do you spell you whole name so that I can get it  pre printed on the wooden spoon certificate
;P

gOOgle won't let me do one of my "special tables"
Bagpipe's are not deadly weapons !. Well it depend who's playing them ! ;)
Bracknell Forest GamersThe Gaming Club Network - GAME ON ![/B]
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline Hawaiian Zombie

• What's worse then zombies? Zombies on fire!
  • Armies: Necrons, Tau, Crimson Fists
Your luck can't be worse than Dave's, the dice god has been well and truely defecating all over him for the past few weeks...

Seriously man stop telling people, it isn't funny. I don't see how someone can roll 1's for every single disruption pod roll over 2 games. The probability is statistically irrelevent  :-\
I'm going to tell you what I tell every Dark Angels player. Keep your awesome models and your great background, accept that GW secretly hates you and just play with the rules from the new dex

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
you say that, i once managed twenty one's on 24 dice playing with my empire many moons ago (they had a picture of it on the GW wall for years lol)
it'll pass, trust me ;)
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline premetheus

• I don't do grammer!
  • Armies: Everything, well not Orks
What is the ruling we are going with on disruption pods and barrage weapons? as its a long thread and still little consensus.

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin
  • All glory to the Hypnotoad .
What is the ruling we are going with on disruption pods and barrage weapons? as its a long thread and still little consensus.

Interesting . 19 people say the range is not measured from the hole , 1 says it is . Democracy lays a precedent here and I think it would be a safe bet to go with the majority .

Just because its a long thread does not mean its a complicated , involved and sticky rule . Just that some people will defend their wrong point of view till hell freezes over .
Models painted 2011 . 2010 in brackets .
Infantry : 0 (32)
Large Infantry : 0 (9) 
Bikes/Jetbikes : 3 (0)
Walkers/MC's : 0 (5)
Tanks : 0 (4)
Large Tanks : 0 (0)

Last unit painted : 3 Eldar Jetbikes
Screw it, I give up.