News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: UK: 7th 40kOnline Tournament RESULTS  (Read 61829 times)

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
I'll almost probably come.  Time is booked off work, and Hymirl should be willing to drive me (or he shall feel the back of my hand!).  Count me in.  I'll bring either my Eldar army, or my Space Marine army if I get it finished.
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin
  • All glory to the Hypnotoad .
Yep , the "who gets cover saves rules" are jank . The least they could of done was add " just wing it " in there somewhere . The stupid of today has a replacement on Saturday ! Huzzah !  :-\

The building rules are frakking awesome . We will have buildings right ? Please tell me we have buildings ! Even if it's a out house .

Models painted 2011 . 2010 in brackets .
Infantry : 0 (32)
Large Infantry : 0 (9) 
Bikes/Jetbikes : 3 (0)
Walkers/MC's : 0 (5)
Tanks : 0 (4)
Large Tanks : 0 (0)

Last unit painted : 3 Eldar Jetbikes
Screw it, I give up.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
so you dont think its a total loss then!!! i must say that overall im happy with most of the rules though you have to be careful there are lots of little bits that will catch you off guard. (no pun intended).

To Hymril and Nny, make note of the ticket arrangements. you can buy your place over Paypal (for instance) and it will cost you £7... you can buy on the day, but it will cost you £9 and if we are max capacity we wont be able to get you in (a combination of space, preparation and insurance).

speak to MacVurrich if you want to pay via PayPal. he is the head of the Bracknell Forest Gamers club who will be paying the hall hire before the event.

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
    • Bracknell Forest Gamers
Yep , the "who gets cover saves rules" are jank . The least they could of done was add " just wing it " in there somewhere . The stupid of today has a replacement on Saturday ! Huzzah !  :-\

The building rules are frakking awesome . We will have buildings right ? Please tell me we have buildings ! Even if it's a out house .

We will present you wit a Golden building just for you to take around each board :)

YEs there will be buildings

except for the now famous FOREST Board :)
Bagpipe's are not deadly weapons !. Well it depend who's playing them ! ;)
Bracknell Forest GamersThe Gaming Club Network - GAME ON ![/B]
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline premetheus

• I don't do grammer!
  • Armies: Everything, well not Orks
Well I for one think boards will be designed more with asthetics in mind due to the new LOS rules.

So expect cities with gardens, forests with little pretty villages, winding valleys with..... well you get the picture 8)

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin

except for the now famous FOREST Board :)

Sod that , want the forest board  ;) . Or face the wrath of the parrot men  :P .

@oink - To be honest , was so sceptical this weekend it was not funny . But read through the rules and , wow . I mean WOW  :o ! New army ideas are just popping into my brain . Except of course Vespip are still crap though  :D

Screw it, I give up.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
im pretty happy with the new rules on the whole (bar some silly bits like the wound allocation rules).

as for terrain, i look forward to the table set ups... but someone please make sure mac doesnt do the whole defnsive trench line with huge no mans land again ... (again).

i also agree that the building rules are great...

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
im pretty happy with the new rules on the whole (bar some silly bits like the wound allocation rules).

as for terrain, i look forward to the table set ups... but someone please make sure mac doesnt do the whole defnsive trench line with huge no mans land again ... (again).

i also agree that the building rules are great...

dooh

why not
it's fun :)

I try and zig zag this time just for you :) :P
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
well, i'll be taking advantage of flank move to enter on the inside of the trench and blow stuff up (hopefully)

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
well, i'll be taking advantage of flank move to enter on the inside of the trench and blow stuff up (hopefully)

That sound a good idea have to work somthing out to incorporate it :)

*** Note to self - set up terrain to foil Oinks plans ***
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
mac - i have plans A through to Z... you cannot possibly foil all of them.

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
mac - i have plans A through to Z... you cannot possibly foil all of them.

sounds like a challenge

tables a - z in the dark / pure forest / blindfolded

what else :)
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline premetheus

• I don't do grammer!
He's an Ork, they can mess up anyones plans.

And ha but do you have plans for 1,2 and 3?

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin

It's not really that silly . The bolter marine in a Dev squad always dies first , now he can catch 3 melta shots , and still be the first to die  :D ! Surprisingly enough I feel that rule benefits me more than what it hurts me , personally of course . I use extremely few different AP weapon units . And stacking 35 Plasma shots on 1 Drone can only be a good thing  ;) .

Will anyone be bringing Black Templars ? Please ban them . :) 

Screw it, I give up.

• Ancient
If Hymirl confirms and coughs up then I will too.  Main decision as I see it will be whether or not we'll make it to the pub crawl beforehand ;)
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Right, I'll mail a check at some point in the inditerminate future then. Choice about the pub crawl I can't make just yet since I'm not sure if I have money, able to get off whatever work I may be doing that week (if any), and so on. Actually, is there likely to be an entertaining pre-event pub session?

Plus, in a completely shameless plug, if you fancy a bit extra 5th edition practice at various game sizes, and a chance to roll out a few forgeworld toys, my club is running a campaign weekend a couple of weeks before.... Evil_Toast will vouch for our value for money efforts!(Plus theres a thread in this very forum!)
« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 05:56:26 PM by Hymirl »
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin
Evil_Toast will vouch for our value for money efforts!(Plus theres a thread in this very forum!)

Sent you a PM about where to send the bribe money  ::) . Tis true I tell you , those Vanguard boys went to a hell of a lot of effort last time . Scenery , table setup , the works , all top notch . (Was fun not playing magic cylinder 40K for a change  ;)  )  .

Which reminds me . Think I have convinced my mate Rob to come along for this little event . Will get round to paying this weekend most probably too .

@ Hymirl/Nny - You Brizzle lads interested in a doubles event the day after in Reading ? Me and said friend are heading there after Bracknell , going to really nerd out that weekend . 
« Last Edit: July 9, 2008, 02:15:26 AM by Evil_Toast »

Screw it, I give up.

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
Right, I'll mail a check at some point in the inditerminate future then. Choice about the pub crawl I can't make just yet since I'm not sure if I have money, able to get off whatever work I may be doing that week (if any), and so on. Actually, is there likely to be an entertaining pre-event pub session?

Plus, in a completely shameless plug, if you fancy a bit extra 5th edition practice at various game sizes, and a chance to roll out a few forgeworld toys, my club is running a campaign weekend a couple of weeks before.... Evil_Toast will vouch for our value for money efforts!(Plus theres a thread in this very forum!)

Which club / where ?
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

• Ancient
Would be pushing it as I work in retail and they tend to be quite loath to not have me on a sunday as it's one of my contracted days.  If you can get Lorizael down for it he'd probably be game as he works weekdays.

Offline premetheus

• I don't do grammer!
What's that I hear...Sickie  ::)