News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: UK: 7th 40kOnline Tournament RESULTS  (Read 61810 times)

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
At least its not necrons...
wots wrong with necrons?
oink is a nancy!

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin
  • All glory to the Hypnotoad .
It's the whole [ French Accent] Ha Ha [/French Accent] We don't die , [French Accent]Ha Ha[/French Accent] . Plus the Monolith being 1 tough cookie to take down . And the Gauss rule against Armour , of which a Guard player most likely has a few Lemon Rusks/Hellhounds/etc in his army .

Have I mentioned the Kittens yet ?   
Models painted 2011 . 2010 in brackets .
Infantry : 0 (32)
Large Infantry : 0 (9) 
Bikes/Jetbikes : 3 (0)
Walkers/MC's : 0 (5)
Tanks : 0 (4)
Large Tanks : 0 (0)

Last unit painted : 3 Eldar Jetbikes
Screw it, I give up.

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Gauss screws my armour, and troops. If I trap you in combat you just jump out and shoot me. My army in total has a 0.416r chance of destroying the monolith, but because its all short ranged they will die if they fail.

I can't even shoot it from long range as it'll most likely deepstrike INTO my lines (though this year I'm much more mobile), and you have a WBB AND res orbs and even then you can go back through the monoliths. (since I believe your list is 2 lords w/orbs, AND 2 monoliths?) And all for the same cost of marines and land raiders?

No thanks. Might as well just give you the slaughter and go get lunch.

Oh, and the kittens.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 05:54:24 AM by Jonik »
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin
[Sarcasm] Tsk , Tsk Jonik . Follow t34h interwebz 1337 ad1v3 . 1gn0re t3h Monolithzz !!!11!!!!!11! Even if it Deepstrikes into your lines and starts puking out Necrons and Gauss at everything . Because spend enough time on interwebz forum you soon realise that every single Toaster player out there are complete n00bs , and will not even attempt to silence your anti - 'lith guns by doing this  . Which due to Living Metal is a very small group indeed . And they would never dream of using it to re-roll their failed WWB rolls , move out of combat to Gauss you in the face ,  oh no , thats just silly . [/sarcasm] .

But in all seriousness , Necrons are like every single other army in the 40K universe . Very good against some , not so hot against others .

For what it's worth , I will hopefully also be bringing a Guard army along . All depends on FW pulling thumb and posting my stuff off before Easter . And I have resigned myself to the fact that 99% of all weapons in the game PWNZOR Guardsman  :D

« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 06:57:15 AM by Evil_Toast »

Screw it, I give up.

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
I've not played necrons very often, only 5 or so times, but they aren't fun at all. A challenge I can deal with, necrons are not a challenge they're over the top. Last game I played resulted in me setting up my entire army, shooting the nightbringer for a turn, then 2 monoliths dropped into my lines and I spent the rest of the game taking troops off the board. I think I took out 3 warriors and wounded the nightbringer in total.

Against a unit of warriors with a lord w/res orb, and close enough to a monolith it takes one of the following to kill 1 single warrior:

72 lasguns [1 divided by (1 shot /2 to hit, /3 to wound, /3 to die, /2 WBB, /2 monolith)]
12 heavy bolters (36 shots)
9.6 missile launchers/lascannons
approx 3 battlecannons (assuming 5 are hit by blast, and a scatter is a miss (1/3 hit))

Its not the fact they can kill me easily, because who can't? Its the fact I can do sod all in return. And saying 'go for phase out' isn't an option most the time, because decent players keep their warriors out the way and let their unkillable monoliths do the work because who needs to do anything else if they can win against guard that way? Its the sensible thing to do. And looking at the stats above its not much of an option anyway.

[/rant]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to flat out refuse to play necrons. But you must see my point?

[edit]

To destroy a monolith I'd need 18 veterans with meltaguns, who if they fail will get killed with the resulting lash/whip thing. So essentially with my 6 vet melta I have a 1/3 chance of downing it or another way, a 1/3 chance of possibly winning match. If the meltas even get close to it that is...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 07:34:22 AM by Jonik »

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin
Hey dude , was not having a go at you , just being sarcastic me ! I put that whole [sarcasm][/sarcasm]  thing there for that very reason ! And to put it there first before some Uber Generalz comes along and tells you  too" ignore it  :) *" . Most likely the biggest steaming pile of male bovine excrement ever mentioned . Beaten only by "just shake the 3 Falcons and worry not about the pshyco rending ninja death clowns in the back " line of argument . 

Multiple Hotel and Warrior spam armies are well known for being damn hard to beat , going up against 1 tonight as a matter of fact  :( . Which in itself is funny , before the last 40KO tourney never played them at all . Since then will have played them 4 times including tonight .

:)* - Official seal of t3h Uber Generalz , also look out for the phrase " If used correctly " ........
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 07:46:00 AM by Evil_Toast »

Screw it, I give up.

Offline 666_Mutley_666

the monos can be a bit of a pain, but they arent that hard to kill, flip ive killed a lith with ONE fire warrior using an emp grenade
oink is a nancy!

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Hey dude , was not having a go at you , just being sarcastic me ! I put that whole [sarcasm][/sarcasm]  thing there for that very reason ! And to put it there first before some Uber Generalz comes along and tells you  too" ignore it  :) *" . Most likely the biggest steaming pile of male bovine excrement ever mentioned . Beaten only by "just shake the 3 Falcons and worry not about the pshyco rending ninja death clowns in the back " line of argument . 

Multiple Hotel and Warrior spam armies are well known for being damn hard to beat , going up against 1 tonight as a matter of fact  :( . Which in itself is funny , before the last 40KO tourney never played them at all . Since then will have played them 4 times including tonight .

:)* - Official seal of t3h Uber Generalz , also look out for the phrase " If used correctly " ........

Sorry, the above wasn't at you, or anyone for that matter. Sorry if it came across that way. I'd never played Dark eldar before the 40KO tourneys, and I've faced them once every single time I go...

Thing I find with guard is, no matter who you try and accomodate into your list (an extra HB or 3 for orks, a few plasma guns for terminators etc), there's always one or two armies that your list will just fail with. And you (well, I) always end up playing them... For just once I'd like to play bog standard marines... ;)

Offline 666_Mutley_666

For just once I'd like to play bog standard marines... ;)

welllast time there was only 1 bog standard marine player as the other two were bikes and termies
oink is a nancy!

Offline Evil_Toast

• Lazerous Penguin
To be honest , been noticing a decline in the supposed "Majority of players at event X will be Space Wombles " theory .

Case in point : 2 events since the 40KO event  , total of 10 games played . Of which only 3 were Womble armies . But with them getting a new buffed up codex shortly after July , this may mean all the closet Marine players may bring along their sweet , sweet plasma fodder armies along .   

Screw it, I give up.

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
premetheus: That gave me a good laugh, alas Oink has exposed me and Erriond is just my superhero alterego, I am in fact Nick... I though Mac would have told you!

So here is the deal ladies and gents (Oink can you add this to the front page for me mate?) The advance price of a ticket bought through Bracknell Forest Gamers (BFG) will be £7. If for any reason you do not buy your ticket in advance the price on the day will be £9. This is more an incentive to buy in advance than anything else. I will leave it up to Mac to set up and let us all know about methods of payment.

If for any reason you have to cancel before the event then you will get your money back unless within the month of August in which you will lose £3 for admin fees.

Oink, I'm happy to hear your Tau are acting up! Who knows what anything will be like with the new rules. It will be a nice challange.

Happy gaming!

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
that info is up on the front page.

i might have some surprises in stall for 5th ed...

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
    • Bracknell Forest Gamers
premetheus: That gave me a good laugh, alas Oink has exposed me and Erriond is just my superhero alterego, I am in fact Nick... I though Mac would have told you!

So here is the deal ladies and gents (Oink can you add this to the front page for me mate?) The advance price of a ticket bought through Bracknell Forest Gamers (BFG) will be £7. If for any reason you do not buy your ticket in advance the price on the day will be £9. This is more an incentive to buy in advance than anything else. I will leave it up to Mac to set up and let us all know about methods of payment.

If for any reason you have to cancel before the event then you will get your money back unless within the month of August in which you will lose £3 for admin fees.

Oink, I'm happy to hear your Tau are acting up! Who knows what anything will be like with the new rules. It will be a nice challange.

Happy gaming!

I did let him Know just that we didn't want to EXPOSE your secret identify in case Ming the merciless was watching :)

OK payment
if you PM / email me direct with how you want to pay I will give you details
( I would post them here but after recent internet hacks it's safer this way )
email Macvurrich@hotmail.com or 40kolf_gt@bfgclub.org.uk

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 04:59:06 AM by MacVurrich »
Bagpipe's are not deadly weapons !. Well it depend who's playing them ! ;)
Bracknell Forest GamersThe Gaming Club Network - GAME ON ![/B]
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
okay mac, that is up on the first post.

do we know how many tickets are available!? how many can you guys fit in the hall?

oh, and just to check, what are the possible methods of payment so i can put that up there too.

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
okay mac, that is up on the first post.
CHEERS

do we know how many tickets are available!? how many can you guys fit in the hall?
We think 30 tickets (we could do more but then have  to move next door in to main hall = more charge :()

oh, and just to check, what are the possible methods of payment so i can put that up there too.
We can take
Paypal
Cheque
CASH ;D
or Direct transfer
if people will pm or email me direct as I loath to post bank details on the WEB for security
either email macvurrich@hotmail.com or 40kolft_gt@bfgclub.org.uk
LEGION of SNAKE EYES

Offline gonzon

• im beyond death, i am pure chaos
i am going to go
my first ever tounie so i am hoping i dont lose to badly.lol

i will be using chaos, 666 vy is sorting out my payment so i will give him the money 

- modify! - oink
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 05:27:57 PM by oink »
you make your own luck in this world

jimmy

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
Just beat me to it oink! I pressed modify and you'd just done it!

I'll sort out my payment in a month or so. Once exams are over!

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
I am coming, hopefully bringing a friend with me, and will pay in advance but can't right now (surely by now you all can guess why).
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
yea, 'cos your a cheap joker!!!

mac, i think i want to come down to the club one night if nick is going down there anyways... ??

then i can give you cash up front.

Offline MacVurrich

• Warrior
mac, i think i want to come down to the club one night if nick is going down there anyways... ??
Huh
we only good enough if Nick coming down are we... I don't know....mumble grumble mumble grumble not loved mumble grumble mumble grumble mumble grumble mumble grumble mumble grumble not want to play 40k mumble grumble mumble grumble mumble grumble stay aways killing club scene mumble grumble mumble grumble mumble grumble ......

yeah that fine look forward to seeing you

mumble grumble mumble grumble mumble grumble mumble grumble mumble grumble
LEGION of SNAKE EYES