News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 points Eldar Army  (Read 2448 times)

AVK86

1000 points Eldar Army
« on: December 1, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »
  mm....First of all, I want to sorry for my poor english, cause I'm Russian. I didnt find any good rosters on the forums of Russian WH40K pkayer's community, that why I looking for help here. I am a newbie, and want to create an Eldar army for 1000 points. It should be an offence army, wich shoot's much and far. I don't like mech's and jetbikes, and, if it's possible for winning army, hope to make a good roster without these units. With your help, of course, if you please.
     Because of my Codex and rulebook are on russian, I want to sorry for may be not right transcription of units and devices in roster that I made :-\ Hope you can understand that. So, here it is:

1 Farseer+SoulStone+MindStorm(?) + War of minds(?) 115

5 Harleqines: 1 Master + 1 Death Jester +1w/cisses+2 124

5 Pathfinders 95

4 Dark Reapers +exarch w/stormrocketlauncher(?) and improved shooting(?) 227

9 Dire Avenger + exarch w/dual shuriken catapults and bladestorm 157

10 Guardians +1Fire Lance(?) +2 pollyLaser(?) +1Warlock w/hide(?) 180

1 Viper w/eldar rocket Launcher(?) and HoloField(?) 100

998 TOTAl

Really sorry for mistakes, wait for your advices.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: 1000 points Eldar Army
« Reply #1 on: December 1, 2009, 04:10:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Russian is not one of the languages I speak, but I'll do my best to help you out.

It sounds as though to me you want to make an all infantry Eldar gun line.  If this is the case, I think you are going to encounter a fair number of problems, because most Eldar units do not have a long range, and armies which do not take the attack to the Eldar are going to outshoot you quite easily (e.g. Tau and especially Imperial Guard), and without some kind of mobility, I cannot see how you would defeat these forces.

If you want a stand off force though, then I think you need to change some of the upgrades and units, for example, it does not make sense to give the Farseer Eldritch Storm and Mind War because they are short ranged shooting powers, so they do not fit your criteria.

I do not normally ever write out lists for people, as I don't like imposing my biases on them, but I don't play an Eldar gunline, so I have no bias in this respect, so I will put forward this list as an idea:

HQ:
Farseer: Guide or Doom (depending on other unit choices).  Taking two powers in a 1000 point list costs too many points in my view.

Troops:
10 Guardian Defenders: Scatter Laser, Warlock, Embolden
10 Guardian Defenders: Scatter Laser, Warlock, Embolden
10 Dire Avengers: Exarch, Power Weapon, Shimmershield, Defend

Elites:
8 Striking Scorpions: Exarch, Scorpion's Claw, Stalker

The Striking Scorpions and Dire Avengers form a pinning/counter assault defensive formation to protect your fire base.

Fast Attack:
6-8 Warp Spiders: Exarch, Dual Deathspinners.  This is a relatively mobile unit which you can use to harass opposing units as they advance towards you.

Vypers are too fragile in experience to be able to achieve much, especially in an all infantry list.

Heavy Support:
There are various options here.  You could take Wraithlords, each equipped with an EML and Brightlance, which would give you some anti-tank, and some much needed durability, you could opt for War Walkers with Scatter Lasers, or you could even choose to field Support Weapons in a very defensive list.

Dark Reapers are too expensive for a 1000 point list, and are too dependent on the Exarch to be effective in my experience

The above example, however, is not an especially good list in my opinion, but this is because Eldar gun lines cannot be made into good lists in my view, unless you have some mobile elements, or two waves, whereby you have an aggressive infantry front line, and a fire base rear line, but such lists are still often unable to defeat opposing gun lines, as the infantry take too long to get into engagement range of the opposing army.

If you are prepared to field a more balanced list, or I have misunderstood the type of list you want to field, then let me know, but that's the best I can come up with at the moment, in order to meet your criteria.

I hope that helps.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

AVK86

Re: 1000 points Eldar Army
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2009, 02:37:34 AM »
  Thank you very much for your help :)