News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Blood angels codex, NOW  (Read 19941 times)

Offline Totally Not a Virgin

• BANNED
  • how do i shot brush?
Blood angels codex, NOW
« on: January 11, 2009, 05:13:12 AM »

nuff said
if they write a new one, i would like to see :
chaplain dreadnought
death company terminators
any more suggestions?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 05:22:46 AM by lovemachine69 »
2000 points Blood angels army
not including my titan
or my grey knights
oh, cheap jokes are the greatest

Offline Mr. Dashington

Re: Blood angels codex, NOW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 05:44:47 AM »
Why a Chaplain Dreadnought?

I'm not a BA player, but your WD codex seemed fine to me..
signed, Mr.Dashington

Offline muzzyman1981

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 06:53:48 AM »
I doubt Death Company Terminators, because if I remember my Blood Angel fluff correctly...Death Company members are basically bezerkers that are expected to die, why would they get very rare and precious Terminator armor?

Just my opinion...
The above is just my opinion unless specifically stated, so deal with it or move on...

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 07:35:28 AM »
I thought that the BA codex was pretty well balanced actually, and a lot less random than the previous ruleset. The only thing it suffers from really, like the DA codex, is unfavourable comparisons to the vanilla SM codex.

And no, DC termies will never happen. Why would a DC member want heavy armour?

Offline Benis

• 77 Shades Of Decay | Lazerous Penguin | Death to the Emperor with a Pulse!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Getkilling
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 07:49:36 AM »
Yeah, the only things lacking is an update to the current Space Marine wargear rules, the same goes for Dark Angels. It would be nice if they actually did re-visit the codex: Angels of Death, like Jervis wanted, and gave an update to Dark Angels wargear section whilst at the same time giving Blood Angels a more finished feel to their list.

EDIT: things like Death Company Terminators and Chaplain Dreadnoughts are just childlike wish-thinking without support from the background, although access to some of the new entries in the codex: Space Marines might be fitting.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:51:17 AM by Benis »

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 09:22:59 AM »
The current BA codex is really good, I enjoy using it.
It just needs to be updated to current SM wargear is all.

DC Terminators? Not going to happen... And I'm glad.

Offline The Voivod

• Masamune Shirork
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »
I think we'll need patients.
I do agree the new codex is fine concerning balance.
I just think it's boring.
Many disagree though.

My BA are collecting dust untill a new codex arrives.
I'm thinking about playing them as vannilla untill then, but can't bring myself to buying the codex just yet.
Just don't hold you breath, the new codex seems way of
Torture first, then you talk. It's better that way.

• BANNED
  • how do i shot brush?
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 10:10:27 AM »
I doubt Death Company Terminators, because if I remember my Blood Angel fluff correctly...Death Company members are basically bezerkers that are expected to die, why would they get very rare and precious Terminator armor?

Just my opinion...

same reason death company dreadnoughts get dreadnoughts i guess
i just think they need something different, something new

and i think a chapy dread would be something great to write in fluff wise, the chapter not wanting the mortally wounded chaplains wisdom and experience to go to waste, or at least just one special character with a small backstory i guess

and its not child like wishfull thinking it's male like wishful thinking  ;)

also i dont like the fact the codex is in 2 editions of white dwarf, its the biggest dishounor ever, give me more fluff, more equipment and what i would like to see due to the assualt nature of blood angels is something like an extra d3 attacks plus the bonus for charging when they attack first or something else equally worthwhile
not including my titan
or my grey knights

Offline Mr. Dashington

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 10:36:40 AM »
Don't DC Dreadnoughts go insane after they are put in?  If a BA Termi went insane they would probably take his termi armour away from him so as not to lose it, or at least I would have thought.
signed, Mr.Dashington

Offline HORDE

• Infinity Circuit
    • Horde's Deathwing Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »
also i dont like the fact the codex is in 2 editions of white dwarf, its the biggest dishounor ever, give me more fluff, more equipment and what i would like to see due to the assualt nature of blood angels is something like an extra d3 attacks plus the bonus for charging when they attack first or something else equally worthwhile

everyone getting an extra d3 attacks?? you cannot be serious
If you roll enough dice - everything dies eventually.
My Deathwing Blog

Offline muzzyman1981

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 10:50:52 AM »

So would the Space Wolves, Tyranids, Orks, etc etc also get this?  It's unfeasable.
The above is just my opinion unless specifically stated, so deal with it or move on...

Offline Benis

• 77 Shades Of Decay | Lazerous Penguin | Death to the Emperor with a Pulse!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Getkilling
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »
same reason death company dreadnoughts get dreadnoughts i guess
i just think they need something different, something new

Nope, Death Company Dreadnoughts are regular Dreadnoughts that has given in to the Black Rage, removing the Marine would kill him and be a great dishonour.

and i think a chapy dread would be something great to write in fluff wise, the chapter not wanting the mortally wounded chaplains wisdom and experience to go to waste, or at least just one special character with a small backstory i guess

Why would this be more fitting for Blood Angels than other chapters? Now, Iron Hands I could imagine getting a Special Character Dreadnought but Blood Angels who already has their Furioso pattern and Death Company upgrade... A Blood Angels Chaplain is as likely to succumb to Black Rage as any other Dreadnought and would in turn loose any wisdom or experience he so far had gathered.

also i dont like the fact the codex is in 2 editions of white dwarf, its the biggest dishounor ever, give me more fluff, more equipment...

Well there is the PDF version you can download. More fluff? Why not read the old codices (there are two), I doubt there will be much new fluff considering how similar the codex: Dark Angels is to codex: Angels of Death. more equipment is trickier; do you mean more as in along the lines of Codex: Space Marines or are you simply wanting Blood Angels stuff so they can pewn other chapters?

...and what i would like to see due to the assualt nature of blood angels is something like an extra d3 attacks plus the bonus for charging when they attack first or something else equally worthwhile

Which, like mentioned by several others, is just silly. The Furious Charge rule of the previous edition was also silly so good that they took that away. Blood Angels can field Assault Marines as troops and have other powerful assault units which clearly shows their nature. That's one of the things I like about Blood Angels: they are fearsome in assaults but still have balance within their list just like I imagine the sons of Sanguinius should be.

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 04:18:11 PM »
A chapter would not risk the loss of a suit of terminator armour by letting a suicidal marine wear it.
The DC are expected to die in battle; the loss of power armour is bad enough, the loss of terminator armour to the chapter would be huge.
Normally a marine goes into the black rage after being interred within a Dreadnought. A marine that had already succumbed to the black rage would not be put into a dread; instead they would be locked away in the tower of Amero.

As for a codex in 2 parts in WD: well it's better than not having a codex update at all. The BA are better updated than the Wolves or Templars, be thankful for that.

• BANNED
  • how do i shot brush?
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 12:18:00 PM »
i have to lol at you people sometimes, instead of "lol that would be cool" or something simular your all like "wah,wah,wah (insert fluff that means very little if not nothing)(further ranting with multiple quotes disected with a scalpel) and a statement of fact that most of you are probably still virgins

topic locked, continue to cry about it  ;D
not including my titan
or my grey knights

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 12:37:01 PM »
No one is crying about your ideas, they are genuinely bad.  No sane person wants a return to the sliced cheese that was the 3rd edition Blood Angels Codex. 

Flame-baiting like this is not tolerated, nor are spam threads like this.

The lock feature exists to close threads that have served their purpose or are not meant to be posted in, not to shut the door in the face of other members and yell "neener neener!"  Do not abuse it again.

40k Online Rules and Netiquette
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

• BANNED
  • how do i shot brush?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 12:53:38 PM »
i am gay

40k Online Rules and Netiquette

Oh yes, yes they are.  -Mr.Peanut
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:02:33 PM by Mr.Peanut »
not including my titan
or my grey knights

Offline HORDE

• Infinity Circuit
    • Horde's Deathwing Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 01:09:36 PM »
yes, because with the rate of teenage pregancy in the UK, losing your virginity has maintained its status as a mark of maturity.
[/sarcasm]

most people here play multiple armies and so can look at proposed rules changes with regards to balance. there's no ppoint in playing the game if one player wins by virtue of his army selection. or, maybe you think that'd be fine.

[EDIT] Mr. Peanut - BURN!!!!!!11!!one!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:13:06 PM by Lorizael »
If you roll enough dice - everything dies eventually.
My Deathwing Blog

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 01:11:17 PM »
instead of "lol that would be cool" or something simular your all like "wah,wah,wah (insert fluff that means very little if not nothing)

But your ideas aren't cool, and so-one is going to pretend that they are. Lets face facts, dinosaurs with laser eyes would make more sense to add to the game than anything you've thought up.

Advice, don't be rude to the moderators or they'll make life hard for you. Don't be rude to other people else the moderators will again, make life hard for you. After all, the only person here is going to be upset if you get banned will be you.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »
Personally, I don't want much done with the Blood Angels Codex.  It works very, very well, it just needs a few tweaks here and there (I still don't understand the "free" Rhino for Assault Squads without jump packs, the points really don't make sense, especially for a full-size squad). 

I would much rather have the last two Codexes toned-down.  If the game really must continue that way, Blood Angels may as well be given the "updates" such as insane Storm Shields and free stuff.  I'd feel guilty about using Blood Angels, though, until every other Codex in the game was updated to be on par with them. 
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 01:26:12 PM »
(I still don't understand the "free" Rhino for Assault Squads without jump packs, the points really don't make sense, especially for a full-size squad).
Saturation is the only thing I can think of.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...