News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: battle wagon  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Foolishness

• *feeling Foolish*
battle wagon
« on: November 6, 2002, 10:18:56 PM »
Battle wagons discription says it can hold 20 boyz and since its open topped and all.. can i put a retinue and warboss on it? and does that mean they start on it or do i have to board it on the field? can i have mega armour when im on it?
The quickest way to end a war is to lose it.
- George Orwell (1903 - 1950)

Offline spacepiper

• Soul Rebel
  • One Love; Bob Marley
    • EldarOnline
Re:battle wagon
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2002, 06:22:50 PM »
Not sure about the Mega Armor, but I know that you can buy the Battlewagon as a transport for the Warboss, and then you can have the Boyz jump into it. Not positive though, I'm just getting into Orks.
“The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself: but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you into eternity.” –Marcus Garvey

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #2 on: November 8, 2002, 07:19:06 AM »
Yes you can have Mega Armour and have a Battlewagon for there transport, there is no size restriction, theoritically you could have 20 orks in mega armour in a battlewagon. Saying this don't ever put a mega armoured HQ in a battlewagon, you want them to get there first and fast, always take a trukk.

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #3 on: November 8, 2002, 04:45:07 PM »
I was planning to add something about a battlewagon being alot safer.....but heck. It's Orks aka Krork we are talking about here. Safe is a word that doesn't exist in their dictionary!
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #4 on: November 8, 2002, 07:50:23 PM »
My favourite thing is too stick 20 Shoota Boyz (max out with 4*Big Shootas(One belongs to  the nob)), in a battlewagon, give bolt on Big Shootas as many as like, Zzap, 2* twin-linked Rokkit Launcher. Move it every turn 6" fire with one of the Wagons weapons but open up with the big shootas and shootas, if you have 5 bolt on big shootas + 4 from the squad thats 27 Str5 AP5 rounds flying 36". Deadly.