News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1250 tournament  (Read 613 times)

Offline eldar rock

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: eldar
1250 tournament
« on: March 28, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »
Hi this is my army.Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.  I can buy one or two sets before the tournament   Im thinking about buying a seer council

Wave Serpent with bl (carrying farseer +DAs)                   135
1 Farseer with guide, doom, spirit stones                   110
10 dire avenger's exarch w/ bladestorm and dual catapults   152
5 Pathfinders                                                                   144
5 Pathfinders                                                                   144
1 Wraithlord with 2 flamers +2 scatter lasers                   130
 warp spiders exarch w/ dual deathspinners                   117
Night Spinner                                                                   115
dark reapers exarch w/ eml and fast shot                   201       
                                                                                              1248
these are the other units I can use
Avatar                                                                                  155
Fire Prism                                                                                115    
10 Guardians w/eml                                                                  100
Yriel                                                                                  155
1 warwalker w/2 scatter lasers                                    70
swooping hawks exarch w/ skyleap                                   142
5striking scorpions exarch w/ biting blade                       97

My strategy is to charge with ws and have DAs bladestorm when I get out of the ws then have warp spiders harass them and have everything else sit back and shoot.
I ♥ BANELINGS 8)

Offline csjarrat

• lock and load...
Re: 1250 tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:48:48 PM »
I think you'll struggle here as it's kind of a mash up of different list types. It doesn't really gel into a solid list.
If you have the ability to buy more stuff then I'd say get another squad of da or banshees and a serpent. This will give you a solid base to work a list from as you can move forwards and take objectives.
 If a hybrid list is what you're after (looks that way) then you'll need to toughen up your infantry section. You have several units that are easy to pick off, ie 5 man reaper squads and snipers.
Swap the night spinner for fire prism, you need the anti tank shots.
Reapers are a poor choice, Dawn of war hurts them, and most of their targets will be in cover, which wastes their ap3 weapons.

Offline Chaplain Swordwind

• Infinity Circuit | Painboy
  • Faith is my shield, the Wailing Doom is my sword!
    • Click here for generic Math-Hammer tool.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 08:18:58 PM »
If you intend to use your army in a tournament, you need to understand that you are going to face some tough enemy units.  Furthermore, other than Tyranids and possibly Orcs, most armies make significant use of vehicles, because of the flexibility they provide with their mobility, as well as their ability to protect infantry with their armored hulls.  As listed, your army doesn't seem well prepared to deal with these types of threats.  One set of Twin Linked Bright Lances and one EML on a fast shooting Dark Reaper exarch just aren't going to cut it.  You also need to bear in mind that the Night Spinner is not in the Eldar Codex.  Therefore, although you can use it in Apocalypse, you cannot use it in a standard 40K tournament.

Here's my recommendation:

Farseer:  Give him Fortune instead of Guide, the DA (and the Farseer himself) will live longer.

Dire Avengers:  Modify the Exarch; give him the Power Weapon, Shimmershield, and Defend.  Keep the Farseer with them, and you'll have a pretty durable scoring unit.  Add Yriel and they become a legitimate threat in close combat.

Swap the Night Spinner for the Fire Prism: Makes the list legal and gives you more firepower too.

Wraithlord:  Upgrade to EML and Bright Lance; more anti-vehicle firepower.  The Fire Prism can thin out troops if necessary.

Dark Reapers:  I'm not a fan, I think you have better options in the other models available to you.

Try a list like this:

(155) Yriel
(130) Farseer w/ Doom, Fortune & Runes of Warding
(162) Dire Avengers x10; Exarch w/ Power Weapon, Shimmershield, Defend
(145) Wave Serpent w/ Twin-Linked Bright Lances, Spirit Stones
(192) Pathfinders x8
(136) Guardian Defenders x10 w/EML, Warlock w/Embolden & Spiritseer
(170) Fire Prism w/ Shuriken Cannon, Holo-Fields, Spirit Stones
(155) Wraithlord w/ Bright Lance & EML

Total:

1245 Points
3 Scoring Units, 8 Kill Points
31 Infantry, 2 Vehicles, 1 Monstrous Creature

Its not perfect, but the only new model you would need to purchase is a single Warlock.  It provides a significant improvement in your Anti-tank and close combat capabilities, and although you pay a price in anti-horde shooting, I think your list will be more successful overall.  Good Luck!

C.S.
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the unprepared.

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Chaplain Swordwind is right about, ehm...everything.

Offline eldar rock

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2011, 08:42:06 PM »
thank you for posting  :).  here's my new list. should I switch avatar for yriel?  im going to tell you how it goes.
farseer w/ doom, fortune spirit stones
10 das exarch w/ bladestorm
ws w/ tl bl spirit stones
10 guardians w/ shurican cannon warlock with destructor
fire prism w/ holofields
wl w/ bl eml
I ♥ BANELINGS 8)

« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2011, 10:17:18 PM »
thank you for posting  :).  here's my new list. should I switch avatar for yriel?  im going to tell you how it goes.
farseer w/ doom, fortune spirit stones
10 guardians w/ shurican cannon warlock with destructor
fire prism w/ holofields
wl w/ bl eml

For the 10 Guardian Defenders, give that Warlock Embolden instead of Destructor.  First of all, you don't ever want a squad like that to get close enough to use the flamer template; its just too fragile with too little offensive capability.  Second, Embolden will keep them from running away,  and taking your Wraithlord's babysitter with them.  True, the Avatar can make them fearless, but I'll get to that with my next comment...

Fortune will work better if one of your Dire Avenger Exarch has the Power Weapon, Shimmershield, and Defend.  This allows the entire squad to have re-rollable invulnerable saves in close combat, which combined with Defend help them survive protracted engagements.  Since they are mechanized, I would highly recommend swaping the Avatar for Yriel and sticking him with the squad also.  The Avatar will not be able to keep pace with your mechanized units, and therefore will struggle to bail them out of trouble if they get stuck in.

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project

Offline eldar rock

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 06:48:51 PM »
thank you for responding. :)  I'm going to tell you how the tournament went.
        the first round I was against space marines he had one ironclad dreadnought one dreadnought one predator with twin linked lascannons a devastator squad and a tactical squad.   
           I had a farseer with doom fortune and spirit stones, 10 dire avengers and yriel in a wave serpent with twin linked bright lances spirit stones vectored engines and star engines I also had a wave serpent with twin linked bright lances spirit stones and vectored engines there were 10 dire avengers inside it.  I also had a fire prism with holofields and a wraith lord with bl  eml and 2 flamers.  My strategy was to just go up one flank and destroy one side then the other.I won the first round without any casualties!
         the second round I played against tyranids.  he had a tervigon the things that have barrage weaponslots of the wimpy units a mawlock 2 psychic guys and some weird looking thing with tentacles.  again I went up one flank destroyed 1 of the guys with barrage weapons 5 ripper swarm and one psichic dude. he destroyed one of my tanks with his psichic dudes lance thing. I took a shot with my wave serpent and killed the weird tentacle thing that turn I also killed a squad of the wimpy things.
     the third round I totally got demolished by grey knights.
    I won second place in my first tournament!  I won the battle mission book!
I ♥ BANELINGS 8)

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 02:52:40 PM »
Nicely done.  Congradulations!   ;D

Join the Swordwind!

My Eldar Project